Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lag and snipers

GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

lag is annoying as hell.

Snipers are annoying as hell.

Other than that its mostly about farming kills for new certs so you get better at farming kills for certs. 

Back to mmo's for me;)

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Nothing beats flanking a ridge line full of snipers and mowing them down one by one from point blank range. My new fetish.
  • aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    To each his own OP, but I find the satisfaction of taking over a facility after fighting over it for 3 hours against real, intelligent oppositon to be much for gratifying than farming for gear so I can get better stats to farm for more gear.
  • SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
    Originally posted by aionix
    To each his own OP, but I find the satisfaction of taking over a facility after fighting over it for 3 hours against real, intelligent oppositon to be much for gratifying than farming for gear so I can get better stats to farm for more gear.

Lol no kidding.  Aren't mmorpgs nothing but farming/raiding just so you can farm/raid better?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by Grimmx

lag is annoying as hell.

Other than that its mostly about farming kills for new certs so you get better at farming kills for certs. 

Back to mmo's for me;)

Agreed, back to the other MMO's where you farm raids for better gear, so you get better at farming raids for better gear!

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

Lol no kidding.  Aren't mmorpgs nothing but farming/raiding just so you can farm/raid better?

thats true MOST are like that.. but there are some that are a bit different.... I"ve never really played any sandbox games.. but i'm thinking that is the way to go. But like you and the posters above you.. i enjoy pvp every once in a while as well.. nothing more rewarding than outsmarting ur fellow man....

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

I actually liked it better in WW2 online. Its was really outdated graphics but still.

As it is now i feel im running from place to place to try to wrap up the map, with others on the other side doing the same. Its no "frontline" to it all, its more cat and mouse play.

A 3 hour "epic" fight over a facility that gets turned over in 10 min after the centre of fighting moves?

I do agree with your farming for gear comment (i hoped people understood that i was being sarcastic), because ive always played a grunt in games like this myself, and any grunt knows we die a hellova lot more that the stat padders do. But thats what you get for moving maps.

Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by Grimmx

lag is annoying as hell.

Back to mmo's for me;)

Agreed, back to the other MMO's where you farm raids for better gear, so you get better at farming raids for better gear!

I dont play PvE MMO's. Sure ill do some PvE to lvl up fast to pvp.

Ive played pvp mmo's since 1999. Cant think of one moment ive raided for gear other than 5 man's.

Good try though.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    sometimes i get lucky and get deployed into a tree.  :)
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

thats true MOST are like that.. but there are some that are a bit different.... I"ve never really played any sandbox games.. but i'm thinking that is the way to go. But like you and the posters above you.. i enjoy pvp every once in a while as well.. nothing more rewarding than outsmarting ur fellow man....

Not sure ill classify a shooter as pvp, its to unpersonal. When you are having a 1 vs 1 in a full loot MMO its pvp.

PvP = Person vs person.

In PS2 you can get killed from distance never seeing what hit you before you were dead. Either from the air, tanks or the 1000's of snipers. If you stop one or two seconds on the battlefield in open terrain you will probably die if you arent lucky basterd.^ ^

Originally posted by muffins89
    sometimes i get lucky and get deployed into a tree.  :)

Well me and a friend drove alongside another tank yesterday when the game decided to put our tank " into" the other tank effectivly killing us both.

It got better when i took over the tank driving because i have a better setup that doesnt lag that much;)