Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Rift: Storm Legion Review In Progress Part 2

2»

Comments

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Arakazi

it ruined EQ2 for me too and it's one of the reasons I will never fully buy into GW2. It sets artificial barriers on content gives advantages to those willing to spend hundreds of dollars on themselves or their guild which in my mind goes against the spirit of fair play. 

EQ2's cash shop does none of that

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

it ruined EQ2 for me too and it's one of the reasons I will never fully buy into GW2. It sets artificial barriers on content gives advantages to those willing to spend hundreds of dollars on themselves or their guild which in my mind goes against the spirit of fair play. 

Its still a cash shop, nothing will change that.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

There are various pots, scrolls, mounts that give you some minor buffs and races for sale along with pets, housing items and vanity items. I haven't looked at EQ2 in a while, but my guess is that station cash is promoted mercilessly on the websites as well as what you can buy just like every other cheap and trashy F2P game.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i love SL so far.  the dimensions tool-set is almost minecraft-like in what you can create (given your willingness to spend a LOT of time).  the addition of more soul tree abilities and 4 new souls made the game even more of a theorycrafters paradise.

i can only speak for my own server (the US-rp one... faeblight i think) but it's pretty buzzing.  it feels more full now than at launch i think because at launch everyone was inside their dimension.

i cant speak for the end-game dungeons because i'm only level 52 atm.

i know the popularity of rift is a sticking point for some but i am sure that rift is making a nice profit and i am sure that SL will bring more ppl in.  the only thing i do wish for is for the next exp to have more reasons to make an alt (as mentioned in the review rift is not very alt friendly of a game considering it's a genre filled with people who tend to like having altss)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Agreed. The statement that it did makes me wonder more about the validity of the rest of Arakazi's posts.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

'Rift already has a bad reputation of not being a game for people interested in PvP'

From my perspective thats a good reputation....

• tiddytiddy Member Posts: 23

I played rift for almost 16months before totally giving up on the game and Trion a couple months before the release of their new expansion. I'ma PvPer and thats pretty much all I did whilst playing rift. It was fun. Loadsa fun but i grew tired of Trion constantly failing misreably at class balance so I retired my toons and stopped playing.

I decided to give the storm legion PvP a try in hopes that things have changed. I played it for a week and uninstalled it just yesterday. I cannot for the life of me understand how clueless a company can be about their own game. to understand how they could allow the changes that they made to this game in the new expansion go live is beyond me. they've actually, well and truely succeded in utterly destroying balance.I mean, things were bad before the expansion but now I cannot put it in words just how bad things have become. Rift PvP is now not very much unlike CoD. loadsa peeps runing around one shotting each other. Trion's continued with their trend of nerfing healing and buffing dps to ungodly levels. They've totally removed survivability from the equation, wrecked certain popular classes, introduced a whole bunch of new skills and systems that they are probably going to be attempting to patch up/balance for months and months to come and they've utterly wrecked healing in PvP. its a total mess.

There was a lot of optimism from rift pvpers in the Storm legion expansion, especially those who play the cleric class, me being one of them, but sadly the SL turned out to be nothing more than a huge dissapointment so far as pvp is concerned.

Im a Huge Trion fan but I wont be buying this expansion and I am not going to be playing rift.

if you're into having to put up with a clueless developer, loads and loadsa frustration and having to change your class/build every couple weeks cause of constant nerfs and buffs then rift PvP is just the thing for you otherwise stay the freak away.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Vesavius

'Rift already has a bad reputation of not being a game for people interested in PvP'

When you consider that more than one raid tier has seen PvP gear as BiS for many souls/builds, no, that's not a good thing.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by azurrei
    Originally posted by Vesavius

When you consider that more than one raid tier has seen PvP gear as BiS for many souls/builds, no, that's not a good thing.

From *my* perspective.

Your's may vary.