Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ultimate MMO

13»

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Originally posted by Quirhid

I entirely dissagree with your conclusion - and must say that I feel your example doesn't really deal with the relevant issue. I am talking about sandbox and themepark synergies - not something with such a minority RP focus.

Please give it some thought and illustrate with a directly related example and I'll do my best to make it clear how it could be integrated in a hybrid game.

You really believe there is an ideal solution with no compromise needed for every conflict? I'd call you an optimist if the idea wasn't so silly.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

I entirely dissagree with your conclusion - and must say that I feel your example doesn't really deal with the relevant issue. I am talking about sandbox and themepark synergies - not something with such a minority RP focus.

Please give it some thought and illustrate with a directly related example and I'll do my best to make it clear how it could be integrated in a hybrid game.

You really believe there is an ideal solution with no compromise needed for every conflict? I'd call you an optimist if the idea wasn't so silly.

Again you are being dismissive without engaging on the issues with anything specific.

I really do get that you don't agree - I don't really need to hear it again, even spun with the extra sarcasm.

From my point of view - your failure to even consider thinking outside of the box is your failing. From your point of view, my innability to accept the box cannot be thought outside of is mine.

Let's just drop the tete-a-tete at this point shall we - it acheives nothing constructive.

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
    Albert Einstein

How much more true is this quote when dealing with something as simple as an MMO world when compared to the real world.

Perhaps it will take a minor genius to change things in the MMO genre (a kind of MMO Einstein if you will) - but I doubt it - most significant change brought about in any arena is from group effort.

Stating so definitively that fundamental change cannot happen is self-defeating, and as history demonstrates again and again - nearly always wrong.