Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A commonality in recent ads.

13»

Comments

• CreepProphetCreepProphet Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Edeus
    Originally posted by CreepProphet

I dunno, the boob ads just don't work for me. I always watch the videos. 

I wonder if they've done marketing polls on how much they'd make if they had advertising geared toward females?

Women AND Gay men!  We have so much disposable income!

You know, that is actually true. Another one for the marketing teams. 

I look at it this way, if my favorite game gets enough money to keep the servers live it works either way.

While a shapely damsel may get people to look into the game, if it's nothing they want to play people won't buy it.

Besides wasn't there a turnbased game a while back that had ladies as ad art but did not have avatars in game? I can't remember the specifics.

( And chokes a snicker on 'bottom of the story')

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Edeus

I dunno, the boob ads just don't work for me. I always watch the videos. 

I wonder if they've done marketing polls on how much they'd make if they had advertising geared toward females?

Women AND Gay men!  We have so much disposable income!

You know, that is actually true. Another one for the marketing teams. 

I look at it this way, if my favorite game gets enough money to keep the servers live it works either way.

While a shapely damsel may get people to look into the game, if it's nothing they want to play people won't buy it.

Besides wasn't there a turnbased game a while back that had ladies as ad art but did not have avatars in game? I can't remember the specifics.

( And chokes a snicker on 'bottom of the story')

I think you are remembering Evony. It went from tiny to bustling after a ton of fleshy ads.

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

I was actualy wondering about the same ...

This seems to work perfectly if you place the product logo as far from the boobs as possible on the ad space :-) Most men don't notice what the ad is about.

Anyway these don't work for me. It just shows that the producer has no confidence in their product (unless is it something related like bras etc).

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    Yes mabye she should have the games name on her t-shirt, then our eyes would not have to stray so far to see it.
  • CreepProphetCreepProphet Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

I think you are remembering Evony. It went from tiny to bustling after a ton of fleshy ads.

Bingo! That was the one, thanks.

The post on "something related - like bras" makes me wonder if I would buy bras with the logo from my favorite game on it. Now there is an untapped market. 

And once again, not having to look too far to see the logo. Though chances are I just shot feminism in the foot and should be very ashamed of myself.