Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the most annoying type of player in a themepark mmo?

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    A poll.

Need another option, the type that complains it isn't a sandbox.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I voted other because you missed, the guy in chat who keeps attacking World of Warcraft instead of just enjoying the game he is playing.

If I am playing a game I'm there to play that game, your obsession with WoW is annoying.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

Mine is the Following in order..

1. Guild Leader or Leaders who think that because they are the leader that they deserve any loot that drops like extremly rare items, gear, or special mounts. What ever happened to DKP or Random.

2. Ninja looters: havent seen this type since my playtime in FFXI early years.

3. Brown Nosers: All they want is brownie points or kool-aide points.

4. The PVE raid leaders who swap out certain classes to beat a particular boss

5. The people who instead of having fun doing raids, wants only people who know the fights already, judge a player by gearscore, and Judge by achivements!

6. Pretty much can go on but I'm tired now!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Players who never listen.

The noob is great, you can teach the noob, you can even teach the child, you can't teach the ones who don't want to be taught. The ones the group tells 10 times not to go in there and wait and he does anyway, the one you tell 10 times to invis and he runs in without.

In our EQ guild, the question never was "does he have the gear" or "does he play well", it was always "is he willing to learn or not".

You can get the noob skills, you can get the noob gear, a stubborn player will stay a stubborn player, usually forever.

A stubborn player that does something wrong will keep doing it wrong month after month, other players will change their gamplay based on help from others.

• How about those that keep saying how stupid or crap the game they are currently playing and continue to play is... they're not even nerd raging, they're just being completely moronic
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,725
    The nerd rager.  And not just any nerd rager but the type A personality nerd rager from hell.  The one that if people aren't DPSing, tanking or healing the way THEY want then it's the end of the world.  Regardless of how smoothly the group is running the dungeon.  And may the gods help us if someone breaks a CC once.  Then they just about have a heart attack.  Of course, they certainly won't fail to mention how their main is a [insert class here] and how their gameplay methods or build is far superior to that of yours. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    While playing WoW, I find I get most pissed off at people who Need on items that - while available to their class, and one of their specs - is not usable by the spec they currently are using in the instance. If they spec for healer, for example, they shouldn't be allowed to need on a piece of gear for a separate spec, especially if someone that can actually use the gear at that moment is in the group.
  • johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110
    What i hate most is getting whispers from people begging for gold.
  • Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Racist redneck morons.

The best!

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         The dungeon rusher is who I picked...  I like to call them the "Wall Streeters", because they insist on playing the entire game on Rates of Return.. This person looks at everything as some form of min/ max numbers game..  How many heroic badges can I earn an hour?  How much dps can I do? How much exp am I earning an hour? Which recipes gain me the most skill points with the least amount of resourses?  You get the idea..  Instead of playing the game just for fun, they play it like some banker at work..
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    I did vote but thought the poll was a bit unfair. No Ninja looters in a sandbox? I don't think we are that much above reproach.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I find it amazing that so many people that are so easily annoyed choose to play in the same space as others.

Honestly, some of the responses here are a bit saddening. Remember, you aren't *in* traffic, you *are* traffic.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Iselin

The dungeon rusher, rude, nerd-rager... really just one type.

Yep usually those three options are related to the same guy.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by FromHell

Other, because of missing options:

The one who thinks themepark is better than sandbox.

The one who hates housing.

The casual ultra casual.

The zerger.

this for me as well

People that hate housing are just like people that hate dogs or cats. no real reason for there hate. just haters.

I think you both illustrate another  type of annoying player in themeparks:

The guy who is playing the themeparks but makes sure everyone knows how much they suck and how much better sandboxes rule.

----------------------------------------------------------

In addition, are there really enough people who actually 'hate' housing that they are a sub-group ruining themepark experiences?

No. There aren't. There are people who like housing and people who are indifferent and people who think the devs should have higher priorities. There is nothing to 'hate' about housing.

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I voted other, the forum whinger who is never satisfied with any up date, who cries nerf or buff and unless the game is made just for him he never shuts up
  • BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137
    I voted other. Even though all of the other player types are annoying I have one that is more annoying. The botters, they are on at all hours of the day doing the same thing over and over. Perhaps they are at work and need experience. If you need to bot in a MMO, you should not be playing a MMO.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I picked other.  But it's the guy that bla bla bla in my ear over vent when I'm trying to concentrate and comments how quiet I am.  In game I keep my speech to game relevant topics.  

So if I'm in a dungeon, shut the hell up unless you want me to accidentally to walk into a mob and get us all killed. Frack...I'm trying to stay focused over here.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by FromHell

Other, because of missing options:

The one who thinks themepark is better than sandbox.

The one who hates housing.

The casual ultra casual.

The zerger.

this for me as well

People that hate housing are just like people that hate dogs or cats. no real reason for there hate. just haters.

I think you both illustrate another  type of annoying player in themeparks:

The guy who is playing the themeparks but makes sure everyone knows how much they suck and how much better sandboxes rule.

----------------------------------------------------------

In addition, are there really enough people who actually 'hate' housing that they are a sub-group ruining themepark experiences?

No. There aren't. There are people who like housing and people who are indifferent and people who think the devs should have higher priorities. There is nothing to 'hate' about housing.

And there are those like me who think that housing in theme park games that have dungeon finders would be a very bad thing. Having played WoW, I noticed that at max level the players just congregate in SW or Ogrimar and wait for their queue's to come up. 

If you add player housing you are going to have an even more single player game than it is now. People just sitting in their house waiting for their queue to come up.

Theme Parks need more things that will get people playing together rather than give the players things that will seperate them from each other.

Now guild halls? those would be great, or player housing in a sandbox game?  Great. But player housing along with a dungeon finder would equal empty streets and no player interaction.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

The know it all

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
         The one that thinks that every new MMO is new and unique when they have literally pasted and copied parts of other games....
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I voted the nerd rager, but specifically I was referring to sandbox fans who play themepark games knowing full well what they are and then proceed to rage about them not being sandboxes.

I suppose this could also be under the 'child' category though.  

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    I voted afker, but elitist snob is worse.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Voted the rude, as it pretty much describes all of these things in one nutshell.

I also very much despise the so hardcore raid leader that has forgotten that hes actaully supposed to have fun.

If  you start screaming at people I'm out, It's entirely unnecesary.

If It gets to that point, you've already failed as a leader.

• TholdarianTholdarian Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Voted "the child". Really, can´t think of pretty much anything more annoying than children infecting games with names like "UberroXXorkillzord" or likes and spamming chat with sexual words they probably just learned 2 minutes ago. And especially in games like SW:TOR and WoW, where two opposite factions exist, which are basically good and evil, most kiddies usually go with the evil side because it´s 'fun to be evil and kill all those innocent people (npc´s in this case)' and everyone not agreeing gets flamed to someplace where the sun never shines.
  • TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Voted for "Other": That guy inviting you to a party or wanting to join your party who doesn't say a single word or show the slightest reaction to anything written in the chat. In general: People who dont play together but along each other even if they are grouped.