Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the most annoying type of player in a themepark mmo?

Comments

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

The PvPers.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

If I had to pick one that got the majority of what I've grown to hate lately, I guess it would have to be the "rude" since that could include the afk'ers, ninja looters, spammers and the like. 

The type that bother me most are the people who flood chat with anything from the latest meme from 4chan to Alienware trolls to flaming out the person who asks a simple question when he's first starting out. Would also include the people, as I witnessed in TERA, to changing loot policy to FFA right as the boss was dying, looting everything and getting out as quick as they could, holding the group hostage for group leader before then since they were either a tank or healer and the rest of the group had been in LFD for hours before waiting for those two classes.

Also as I saw in Rift, getting cussed out in a dungeon because I wasn't keeping up...since I had pick my quests up and was still learning my class / the dungeon. That may have been a bit on me, but when a game never forces you to group until max level...well, that's not entirely on the player. Plus can you blame someone for not wanting to ask questions / look for a group in chat when there's a good chance of getting flamed out of chat with no serious response?

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Other -  Whiners.

"It should go f2p nau!",  "It takes a week to get to achieve max level it is too long!",  "I don't know how / I don't know where, game HAVE TO show me way itself",   etc 

You get the point. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I wonder why would anyone let another to spoil their fun in using an entertainment product.

- ninja & otherwise annoying people in a group .. use the quit button.

- annoying people in chat .. ignore

- kill stealer, just move away to another place, plus if you play in an instance, no one can affect you.

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Gankers, but then again I do it so I guess I hate myself. :/
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    The braggart.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Elitist wanker. Can tolerate most others.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    The finger pointer. You can even be having a good run some times and there is always that guy looking for fault in what someone else in that party is doing. Ninja looters are a close second for me. It's hard to be worse than a theif. However, a well practiced finger pointer can ruin a game faster than anything.
  • DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

The super solo guy who plays MMOs to be around other poeple but goes out of way not to interact with anyone.

A close second would be the idiot that doesn't try to learn their class/role and blames everyone else for what they do wrong.  This very different then the noob.  The noob doesn't know better but is willing to learn.   This guy thinks he knows what he doing and is unwilling to learn how to get better. 

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    None of these really effect me being able to complete the game except maybe if a tank tries to rush a dungeon or if someone calls me a ninja and get /votekicked so maybe rusher most annoying. You don't really have to be polite, smart or spam free to play the game but of course it's prefable not to be those things

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I voted Other because The Chat Flooder wasn't discriptive enough. It should have been:

Forum Warrior and In-Game Chat Flooder.

In most pvp situations, he becomes the Ultimate Expert and Armchair General.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Racist redneck morons.

Definetely the worse for sure. Another would be the wowtard losers who park mounts on top of mailboxes or npcs. No matter what mmo you play you'll also find freaks who find some vocal emote and constantly repeats it over and over, both mostly because what fuels them is that their out to annoy people.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Trolls... I cant stand them, and the this is a WoW clone crowd

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55

The person who asks 1000 questions in general chat that could be found on google in 5 seconds.  I have no problem with someone needing help with something, but when they want every single step of their quest/event spelled out for them it drives me nuts

Happened during the last event in GW2.  Go to a zone to find an item and mapchat is the same thing over and over.  "Where is the NPC?"  "Where do I take the quest item?" "Did the event start?" "Where do we go next?"

There are hundreds of sites with that info.  Alt-Tab and look it up yourself!

Probably not the most annoying, but it was for the past couple days

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Other - The Judge

;)

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

not an easy poll..a lot of the types are often found in combinations together in a single person so it hard to pick just one aspect you hate most. bad people are just bad.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Only when im tank, but ranged who insist on pulling before i get to the mobs...i can pick up threat instantly but annoying a hell to chase things around so i often let the ranged who pull tank themselves and usually let them die, unless the healer insists on healing them (even more annoying) then i have to help them anyway >.> ...but for anytime im not tank it would have to be a large percentage of the mmo population...the troll, as they can achieve more than one option from your poll at a time...lol
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    No 'all of the above' option?
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1
    Only when im tank, but ranged who insist on pulling before i get to the mobs...i can pick up threat instantly but annoying a hell to chase things around so i often let the ranged who pull tank themselves and usually let them die, unless the healer insists on healing them (even more annoying) then i have to help them anyway >.> ...but for anytime im not tank it would have to be a large percentage of the mmo population...the troll, as they can achieve more than one option from your poll at a time...lol

so funny I feel your pain, kinda reminds me of Lord of the Rings movie (forget which) the old guy on the wall with his bow drawn and pops off early starting the whole battle.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

other:

the "u so bad, L2P nube" retards.

• firespike09firespike09 Member Posts: 8
    Other - A term someone used earlier seems to fit my most annoying type of player, 'Armchair General' These people in PvP contribute nothing at all to the BG or whatever but give themselves the title of commander, give forceful and usually useless commands and just blame, shout at, abuse and criticise other players for losing while they are just stood in the graveyard playing with themselves. 

Playing: Salem
    Waiting On: ArcheAge, Darkfall: UW, ESO

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Because none of these types exist in a sandbox? *eyeroll*
  • Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

i need a bigger hand for

/facepalm

any donors?

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Originally posted by firespike09
    Other - A term someone used earlier seems to fit my most annoying type of player, 'Armchair General' These people in PvP contribute nothing at all to the BG or whatever but give themselves the title of commander, give forceful and usually useless commands and just blame, shout at, abuse and criticise other players for losing while they are just stood in the graveyard playing with themselves. 

I wouldnt say i abuse other player's but i definately criticise alot of em....especially the ones that you see in every mmo nowadays that have like a 1 kill to 4 death ratio with no objectives accomplished....im not even that good but i can usually find myself either on top or in the top 3....sumthin wrong there and thinking about how useless alot of the wannabe pvp'ers are somehow makes me mad just thinking about the scoreboards ive been seein in WoW lately, GW2 somewhat too but most of the stats are hidden from other players so only when i see em slacking...in a sense i guess im a wannabe eltist in a genre where alot of the elitist's have disappeared sadly...alot of players got annoyed by em but i loved fighting em to test myself and get better overall

Edit: On second thought its not so much they disappeared as much as they've been flooded out by all the bad pvp'ers...i still see a few every now and then 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh I've thought of another. The "just quit wow because I'm bored of it but can you make this game exactly like wow" people