Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All FFXIV:ARR INFO can be found here New Letter From Yoshi Page 10

1234568»

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Letter from Producer we are 1/2 done with Phase 3 http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62652

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya
    Letter from Producer we are 1/2 done with Phase 3 http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62652

Thanks for the Update/Post :) . Looks like OB mite be coming soon :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Since this thread has not been updated in well over a year, maybe we should either close it or someone could volunteer to keep it going. I never really felt it was a huge deal to keep it around, but others may want it.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Snowdon_Cloudripper
    also feel free to discuss what info or videos you like the most , most intriguing parts . Info you did not know.

I think they need to be dated somehow so people know which are the most current.Old news is really just old news.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• steven413steven413 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Well - hopefully this thread will stay open a tad longer - as I'm new I can't start a new thread so I'll try this one.

It appears that the OSX version has been re-released.  Curious if anyone has tried it and if anyone who is using it has played on a Macbook Pro. 

Thanks in advance.

Steve

• LumiLumiLumiLumi Member UncommonPosts: 48
    steven413 said:
    Well - hopefully this thread will stay open a tad longer - as I'm new I can't start a new thread so I'll try this one.

It appears that the OSX version has been re-released.  Curious if anyone has tried it and if anyone who is using it has played on a Macbook Pro. 

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Everyone I know who uses mac to play just boot camps it. But I hear the new client is better though I don't personally have use with it so I don't want to say either way :( 
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    You should run Windows via Boot Camp (basically, a easily set up dual boot scenario) and use that to play the game on a Mac.  Windows port is native.  The macOS port is, IIRC, a WineLib port.  It performs terribly, and the game is almost unplayable on many Macs at native resolution.  So the game will be blurry, and the performance will be terrible.

Switch over to Windows, and it's complete night and day.

SE charges you $60 on each platform you want to play the game.  That is not much less than a Full Windows 10 Home license for your Mac.  Get the Windows License and game on that OS.  The difference in performance is absolutely massive.

Personally, I ended up removing Boot Camped Windows form my iMac and buying a Gaming PC (Windows 10, obv.).

Because I prefer to do media work, document editing, browsing, etc. on macOS, it was incredibly inconvenient to constantly jump between the two operating systems.  Plus, I'm an iPhone user who prefers not to have to reach for my phone constantly when I'm at my desk (SMS, MMS, eMail, Phone Calls, FaceTime, etc. can all be routed through your PC from your phone - but only when you're running macOS).