All FFXIV:ARR INFO can be found here New Letter From Yoshi Page 10

2456789

Comments

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    new links added

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    Wednesday is start of global alpha there is a NDA , But I know a breach will be done by someone. so I will be spamming Justin.tv , twitch.tv, and ustream just to get my fix LOL

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    New video from IGN why it is taking ARR longer under MISC. area of top post

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Wednesday is start of global alpha there is a NDA , But I know a breach will be done by someone. so I will be spamming Justin.tv , twitch.tv, and ustream just to get my fix LOL

     

    I take it you didn’t get into the current alpha wave then, pity, your dedication is appreciated, I wouldn’t encourage NDA breakers though, and besides the later you get in the better and more content there will be. Leaked footage won't compare to the real thing.

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    i just watched someones Alpha stream and SE is on it quick his account got banned in 40 mins . There were hundreds of people on screen running around Grid.

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    Black shroud part 2 video added front page new alpha video

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • AlberelAlberel LondonMember Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Black shroud part 2 video added front page new alpha video

    Even better than part 1; absolutely loving the (presumably new) soundtrack as well!

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    me too it is amazing can't wait to see la nostra And thalan.

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    New Letter from the producer 11-30-12 on front post under letters from producer 1st section

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    New Letter from the producer 11-30-12 on front post under letters from producer 1st section

    I prefer the video diaries, they are always spoiler-rific. (I guess he's busy with the alpha testers right now, I hear they are a demanding bunch).

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    New Letter from the producer 11-30-12 on front post under letters from producer 1st section

    I prefer the video diaries, they are always spoiler-rific. (I guess he's busy with the alpha testers right now, I hear they are a demanding bunch).

    me to but ill take any news. This one was more directed to Alpha testers and Upcoming Alpha testers to Please do as SE askes because there is a reason for everything. And if we all want this game to be just Awesome in every way then doing what the Alpha needs you to do is key.

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    New Letter from the producer 11-30-12 on front post under letters from producer 1st section

    I prefer the video diaries, they are always spoiler-rific. (I guess he's busy with the alpha testers right now, I hear they are a demanding bunch).

    me to but ill take any news. This one was more directed to Alpha testers and Upcoming Alpha testers to Please do as SE askes because there is a reason for everything. And if we all want this game to be just Awesome in every way then doing what the Alpha needs you to do is key.

    I just worry that there won't be enough time to implement all the many suggestions the Alphas will have without a massive dely. I can imagine how busy the feedback sections on the alpha forums must be. Its only now that SE are going to get a real sense of how the western mmo player sees what they have done, and I've no doubt that they still have a lot to learn. They may just focus on the bugs reported, and stress data, but the pressure to launch in a competative state will be amazing, and you can never have too many of those features a modern global mmo needs.

  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaMember UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by zevni78
    I just worry that there won't be enough time to implement all the many suggestions the Alphas will have without a massive dely. I can imagine how busy the feedback sections on the alpha forums must be. Its only now that SE are going to get a real sense of how the western mmo player sees what they have done, and I've no doubt that they still have a lot to learn. They may just focus on the bugs reported, and stress data, but the pressure to launch in a competative state will be amazing, and you can never have too many of those features a modern global mmo needs.

    I don't think they are worried about whether a western MMO player is satisfied with the features or not.

    Just like in any other recent release, these people will flock to the MMO, digest the content in a week, compare to WoW, pick out everything that is missing, and leave.

    All that is important is that the game is up to standard for the Final Fantasy fans to enjoy properly. Fortunately western MMO players can be used to make this happen.

    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
     

    Just like in any other recent release, these people will flock to the MMO, digest the content in a week, compare to WoW, pick out everything that is missing, and leave.

    All that is important is that the game is up to standard for the Final Fantasy fans to enjoy properly. Fortunately western MMO players can be used to make this happen.

     

    Yes we'll get the usual locusts, but this is supposed to be appealing to more than just hardcore FF fans, they have spent a lot of money on this, and many XIV 1.0 fans won't like the changes, and there are FF fans that won't give it another chance, and XI fans that will just stick with XI, they need broader appeal. They have said they want a AAA mmo that can compete with the others, (and they mean western ones) that will get good reviews, for that they need a lot of features we are used to. Besides, it will just make the game more fun, after all this time and tragedy, it would be nice to not have to rely of FF nostalgia alone to be able to want to play ARR just as much as GW2, WoW, or the others.

     

  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaMember UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by zevni78

    Yes we'll get the usual locusts, but this is supposed to be appealing to more than just hardcore FF fans, they have spent a lot of money on this, and many XIV 1.0 fans won't like the changes, and there are FF fans that won't give it another chance, and XI fans that will just stick with XI, they need broader appeal. They have said they want a AAA mmo that can compete with the others, (and they mean western ones) that will get good reviews, for that they need a lot of features we are used to. Besides, it will just make the game more fun, after all this time and tragedy, it would be nice to not have to rely of FF nostalgia alone to be able to want to play ARR just as much as GW2, WoW, or the others.

    Final Fantasy fanbase consists of tens of millions of people. Lot of them are on the PS3. That is a massive demographic and frankly enough to make the game successful as long as SE is successful in catering to the fans' demands (with fan service etc.). I don't see why only hardcore FF fans would find the game appealing, it is designed to be as casual as WoW. The only threshold is the fact you pay a sub fee and play with other people, which isn't some hardcore vs. casual issue.

    As I said, the game needs to be up to the standard. For it to get good reviews, and for the western MMO player to regard the game as equal to all the others they have quit before, as opposed to something inferior. Either way they will quit soon after, but it's not an issue as long as they cater to the people that like the game for it being a Final Fantasy game first, MMO second.

    It is simply easier to sell the game to the people who matter by making sure that the people who don't matter don't diss the game, even though they might be indifferent.

    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • SmoeySmoey CambridgeMember UncommonPosts: 577
    £6.89 a month. Boooyaaa!

    (\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
     

    Final Fantasy fanbase consists of tens of millions of people. Lot of them are on the PS3.

    As I said, the game needs to be up to the standard. For it to get good reviews, and for the western MMO player to regard the game as equal to all the others they have quit before, as opposed to something inferior. Either way they will quit soon after, but it's not an issue as long as they cater to the people that like the game for it being a Final Fantasy game first, MMO second.

    It is simply easier to sell the game to the people who matter by making sure that the people who don't matter don't diss the game, even though they might be indifferent.

     

    Agreed, but as a MMO fan as well as a FF fan I want a game that is good at being both. For the past 2 yrs I yearned to play XIV and visit the different areas, fight Ifrit etc, but the bad game play and crashes wouldn’t let me. Now I can do that, but I want to be more than a tourist, I would like to make ARR my home for awhile, it will need a lot of good content to keep me and other jaded mmo players happy. It's not asking too much.

     

    You really think there are that many PS3 FF fans? I've no idea.

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    From NICONICO LIVE Japanese are very excited for the game the link is under MISC. Info its all in Japanese no CC but worth a watch its sorta of a review on it in japanese with hype

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaMember UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Now I can do that, but I want to be more than a tourist, I would like to make ARR my home for awhile, it will need a lot of good content to keep me and other jaded mmo players happy. It's not asking too much.

    Maybe it isn't, maybe it is. If the Final Fantasy fans are satisfied, there is no pressure for SE to do more (past launch).

    For your sake I hope that their demands are similar in line to yours. Though, they probably won't digest the content as fast as you do, nor take the game as seriously.

    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    From NICONICO LIVE Japanese are very excited for the game the link is under MISC. Info its all in Japanese no CC but worth a watch its sorta of a review on it in japanese with hype

    Yes, I've seen the vids, they seem very exited, hard to tell how representative they are though. Maybe the Japanese are more forgiving? Its hard to get a sense of how those in Japan are receiving Yoshida and his new way.

  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember UncommonPosts: 1,120
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Now I can do that, but I want to be more than a tourist, I would like to make ARR my home for awhile, it will need a lot of good content to keep me and other jaded mmo players happy. It's not asking too much.

    Maybe it isn't, maybe it is. If the Final Fantasy fans are satisfied, there is no pressure for SE to do more (past launch).

    For your sake I hope that their demands are similar in line to yours. Though, they probably won't digest the content as fast as you do, nor take the game as seriously.

    I won't take it that seriously, I just get bored fast, against my will. I've been playing FF games since FF2, and I know where many fans are coming from, and with ARR there is a solid foundation to add many interesting features, and we know fighting chocobos and gear are being made, and other things we havn't seen in mmos before.

  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

    I believe they said subscribers to FFXIV 1.0 will get access to Beta but is there any other way? I was going to play the game for a month to get a feel and access to 2.0 Beta but I read that it is no longer available.

    So I was wondering if there has been any mention of other ways Beta will become available to non subscribers to 1.0? I know I am asking early but I'm super psyched to try the game out :)

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    I believe they said subscribers to FFXIV 1.0 will get access to Beta but is there any other way? I was going to play the game for a month to get a feel and access to 2.0 Beta but I read that it is no longer available. So I was wondering if there has been any mention of other ways Beta will become available to non subscribers to 1.0? I know I am asking early but I'm super psyched to try the game out :)

    right now you can apply for the ALPHA it is about to start its 3rd and final phase . Then when beta is ready apply for that or if your V1 account was curent to 1st shutdown of servers im sure SE will send you a email.

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember CommonPosts: 584
    There is a Alpha video out i cant and wont link to it but it shows combat and a few emotes it is on a major video website where you can find just about anything i will not name it. But if you are smart you can figuer it out :)  and before a Mod gets all high and mighty i know there is a NDA for this game and i did not detail any info , links or search commands to show NDA content have a nive day : )

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Sign In or Register to comment.