Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All FFXIV:ARR INFO can be found here New Letter From Yoshi Page 10

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Black shroud part 2 video added front page new alpha video

Even better than part 1; absolutely loving the (presumably new) soundtrack as well!

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    me too it is amazing can't wait to see la nostra And thalan.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

New Letter from the producer 11-30-12 on front post under letters from producer 1st section

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    New Letter from the producer 11-30-12 on front post under letters from producer 1st section

I prefer the video diaries, they are always spoiler-rific. (I guess he's busy with the alpha testers right now, I hear they are a demanding bunch).

Originally posted by zevni78

I prefer the video diaries, they are always spoiler-rific. (I guess he's busy with the alpha testers right now, I hear they are a demanding bunch).

me to but ill take any news. This one was more directed to Alpha testers and Upcoming Alpha testers to Please do as SE askes because there is a reason for everything. And if we all want this game to be just Awesome in every way then doing what the Alpha needs you to do is key.

me to but ill take any news. This one was more directed to Alpha testers and Upcoming Alpha testers to Please do as SE askes because there is a reason for everything. And if we all want this game to be just Awesome in every way then doing what the Alpha needs you to do is key.

I just worry that there won't be enough time to implement all the many suggestions the Alphas will have without a massive dely. I can imagine how busy the feedback sections on the alpha forums must be. Its only now that SE are going to get a real sense of how the western mmo player sees what they have done, and I've no doubt that they still have a lot to learn. They may just focus on the bugs reported, and stress data, but the pressure to launch in a competative state will be amazing, and you can never have too many of those features a modern global mmo needs.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

I just worry that there won't be enough time to implement all the many suggestions the Alphas will have without a massive dely. I can imagine how busy the feedback sections on the alpha forums must be. Its only now that SE are going to get a real sense of how the western mmo player sees what they have done, and I've no doubt that they still have a lot to learn. They may just focus on the bugs reported, and stress data, but the pressure to launch in a competative state will be amazing, and you can never have too many of those features a modern global mmo needs.

I don't think they are worried about whether a western MMO player is satisfied with the features or not.

Just like in any other recent release, these people will flock to the MMO, digest the content in a week, compare to WoW, pick out everything that is missing, and leave.

All that is important is that the game is up to standard for the Final Fantasy fans to enjoy properly. Fortunately western MMO players can be used to make this happen.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Just like in any other recent release, these people will flock to the MMO, digest the content in a week, compare to WoW, pick out everything that is missing, and leave.

All that is important is that the game is up to standard for the Final Fantasy fans to enjoy properly. Fortunately western MMO players can be used to make this happen.

Yes we'll get the usual locusts, but this is supposed to be appealing to more than just hardcore FF fans, they have spent a lot of money on this, and many XIV 1.0 fans won't like the changes, and there are FF fans that won't give it another chance, and XI fans that will just stick with XI, they need broader appeal. They have said they want a AAA mmo that can compete with the others, (and they mean western ones) that will get good reviews, for that they need a lot of features we are used to. Besides, it will just make the game more fun, after all this time and tragedy, it would be nice to not have to rely of FF nostalgia alone to be able to want to play ARR just as much as GW2, WoW, or the others.

Yes we'll get the usual locusts, but this is supposed to be appealing to more than just hardcore FF fans, they have spent a lot of money on this, and many XIV 1.0 fans won't like the changes, and there are FF fans that won't give it another chance, and XI fans that will just stick with XI, they need broader appeal. They have said they want a AAA mmo that can compete with the others, (and they mean western ones) that will get good reviews, for that they need a lot of features we are used to. Besides, it will just make the game more fun, after all this time and tragedy, it would be nice to not have to rely of FF nostalgia alone to be able to want to play ARR just as much as GW2, WoW, or the others.

Final Fantasy fanbase consists of tens of millions of people. Lot of them are on the PS3. That is a massive demographic and frankly enough to make the game successful as long as SE is successful in catering to the fans' demands (with fan service etc.). I don't see why only hardcore FF fans would find the game appealing, it is designed to be as casual as WoW. The only threshold is the fact you pay a sub fee and play with other people, which isn't some hardcore vs. casual issue.

As I said, the game needs to be up to the standard. For it to get good reviews, and for the western MMO player to regard the game as equal to all the others they have quit before, as opposed to something inferior. Either way they will quit soon after, but it's not an issue as long as they cater to the people that like the game for it being a Final Fantasy game first, MMO second.

It is simply easier to sell the game to the people who matter by making sure that the people who don't matter don't diss the game, even though they might be indifferent.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    £6.89 a month. Boooyaaa!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Final Fantasy fanbase consists of tens of millions of people. Lot of them are on the PS3.

As I said, the game needs to be up to the standard. For it to get good reviews, and for the western MMO player to regard the game as equal to all the others they have quit before, as opposed to something inferior. Either way they will quit soon after, but it's not an issue as long as they cater to the people that like the game for it being a Final Fantasy game first, MMO second.

It is simply easier to sell the game to the people who matter by making sure that the people who don't matter don't diss the game, even though they might be indifferent.

Agreed, but as a MMO fan as well as a FF fan I want a game that is good at being both. For the past 2 yrs I yearned to play XIV and visit the different areas, fight Ifrit etc, but the bad game play and crashes wouldn’t let me. Now I can do that, but I want to be more than a tourist, I would like to make ARR my home for awhile, it will need a lot of good content to keep me and other jaded mmo players happy. It's not asking too much.

You really think there are that many PS3 FF fans? I've no idea.

From NICONICO LIVE Japanese are very excited for the game the link is under MISC. Info its all in Japanese no CC but worth a watch its sorta of a review on it in japanese with hype

Now I can do that, but I want to be more than a tourist, I would like to make ARR my home for awhile, it will need a lot of good content to keep me and other jaded mmo players happy. It's not asking too much.

Maybe it isn't, maybe it is. If the Final Fantasy fans are satisfied, there is no pressure for SE to do more (past launch).

For your sake I hope that their demands are similar in line to yours. Though, they probably won't digest the content as fast as you do, nor take the game as seriously.

From NICONICO LIVE Japanese are very excited for the game the link is under MISC. Info its all in Japanese no CC but worth a watch its sorta of a review on it in japanese with hype

Yes, I've seen the vids, they seem very exited, hard to tell how representative they are though. Maybe the Japanese are more forgiving? Its hard to get a sense of how those in Japan are receiving Yoshida and his new way.

Now I can do that, but I want to be more than a tourist, I would like to make ARR my home for awhile, it will need a lot of good content to keep me and other jaded mmo players happy. It's not asking too much.

Maybe it isn't, maybe it is. If the Final Fantasy fans are satisfied, there is no pressure for SE to do more (past launch).

For your sake I hope that their demands are similar in line to yours. Though, they probably won't digest the content as fast as you do, nor take the game as seriously.

I won't take it that seriously, I just get bored fast, against my will. I've been playing FF games since FF2, and I know where many fans are coming from, and with ARR there is a solid foundation to add many interesting features, and we know fighting chocobos and gear are being made, and other things we havn't seen in mmos before.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,256

I believe they said subscribers to FFXIV 1.0 will get access to Beta but is there any other way? I was going to play the game for a month to get a feel and access to 2.0 Beta but I read that it is no longer available.

So I was wondering if there has been any mention of other ways Beta will become available to non subscribers to 1.0? I know I am asking early but I'm super psyched to try the game out :)

Originally posted by angerbeaver

I believe they said subscribers to FFXIV 1.0 will get access to Beta but is there any other way? I was going to play the game for a month to get a feel and access to 2.0 Beta but I read that it is no longer available.

So I was wondering if there has been any mention of other ways Beta will become available to non subscribers to 1.0? I know I am asking early but I'm super psyched to try the game out :)

right now you can apply for the ALPHA it is about to start its 3rd and final phase . Then when beta is ready apply for that or if your V1 account was curent to 1st shutdown of servers im sure SE will send you a email.

There is a Alpha video out i cant and wont link to it but it shows combat and a few emotes it is on a major video website where you can find just about anything i will not name it. But if you are smart you can figuer it out :)  and before a Mod gets all high and mighty i know there is a NDA for this game and i did not detail any info , links or search commands to show NDA content have a nive day : )

From the Offical FFXIV:ARR Website The Dev. Blog is now live! find link under offical websites for FFXIV on front page will have *NEW* FFXIV:ARR Dev. Blog as its tital and the link

added the new video to main page quest and combat

added the new video to main page quest and combat

How did you like the look of combat and questing?

it was ok . Combat reminds me of XI a little faster i liked it. Questing looked good. It was modern set mostly for Solo players to gain EXP and items off questing. Adds something more. All in all it reminds me of FFXI but modern witch is what WE the FFXI community really wanted

I found some info from FFXIVCORE notes taken from Yoshi-P what to expect in a nutshell

FFXIV “Version 1.0” General Additions between September 2010 & September 2012:

• Spirit Bonding and Materia System (similar to FFVII) where you can equip gear, it has a “spirit gauge” bar and when it maxes you can break it down into material you can equip which boosts your stats.
    • Grand Companies for each city which serve as a main focal point for story quests (also issues your Chocobo)
    • Primals and Weapons (Ifrit, Moogle King, Garuda)
    • Airships between cities
    • Auto-Attack
    • Quests that grant EXP
    • EXP parties with exp chains
    • Jobs, Artifact Armor, Relic Armor
    • Fatigue System is LONG gone

The Free Company system. Think of these as Linkshells (FF equivalent of guilds) taken to the next level. The details are scarce at this point, but things such as company bases, company summons, and other large, cool stuff of that nature has been hinted at.

Instanced Housing System (3 sizes, small, medium, large. Medium and Large cost high amounts of gil.) – Need to read more on this. Comprehensive Info.

Adjustment to Gil Retention (All costs were brought down, so you will have less gil when you start.) Example: V.1.0 You had 10,000, now have 1 less numerator = 1,000.

Auction House (Finally)

Chocobo Augmenting / Gearing the Chocobo/ Fights with you out in battle / Can call it anywhere outside of cities

New mounts (Courels, Drakes)

PVP (this will be contained to two main areas; one for small-medium scale encounters and other for much larger, objective based encounters.)

Delivery Box (Mognet?)

Jumping Function

New summons (Titan and Odin)

Rebalanced/new class abilities and traits.

Redesigned combat / Limit Break System

New notorious monsters (rare enemies; small and large varieties) and new enemies/monsters.

FATE System (to add)

Armory System / Job System (Classes & Jobs)

You start the game as either a Disciple of Magic or Disciple of War. These are classes you can start as. At level 30, you can advance to the designated class job, which grants you more skills, power, and equipment.

Gladiator > Paladin
    Marauder > Warrior
    Pugilist > Monk
    Archer > Bard (P.s. Archers don’t need to buy arrows separately anymore)
    Lancer > Dragoon
    Conjuror > White Mage
    Thaumaturge> Black Mage
    *NEW* Arcanist > Summoner

Artifact Armor / Relic Weapons
    Each job has a set of artifact armor (AF) that you can start gathering through a string of quests starting at level 30.

Relic Weapons have a string of quests that are much larger in length. (Anyone who played FFXI knows this)

Leveling / Experience Points / Quests

Gone are the days of grinding. Side quests, game content, and the main storyline grant you the majority of your experience points for your job to level up to 50. There are NUMEROUS side quests. Quests pop up over NPC’s heads and have a “Where to go” feature on mini map.

Main Storyline

The main story is brand new in FFXIV:ARR and the main storyline alone can get you from level 1 to 50.

End Game

CROSS-SERVER dungeon/content finder (Automatically matches you up with those that are seeking the same content.)

Crystal Tower (TO ADD)

Bahamuts' Labyrinth (TO ELABORATE)

Full Parties = 8 People
    Alliance = 3 Parties (24 people for End Game Runs)

More or less all this info can also be found on the front page reading and watching the links. Maybe this can clear up some issues and awnser questions people have.

A new Blog from a FF fan with a little insight for the game a break down of the combat AND a new Blog post from the Offical FFXIV website ( you can find the link on the front page ) This is the video and its got some great Info Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFTX5YG1V0

Also shows a Pic of Ul'Dah region