Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet has no respect for its supporters

Comments

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I dont understand this complaint. 

In WoW back in vanilla PVP was small scale (mostly)  and PVE gear had bloated stats so high end pve players had a massive advantage.

In Gw2 PVP is mostly Large scale and the difference between the best gear and this new gear are only a few stat points.

Are you telling me those few stat points really matter that much when a hundred people are killing each other in WvW? 

I think the OP is overreacting. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

I have bought the game, after a friend of mine let me use his account, and play a warrior until level 36.

I started all over again, reached 62 now, and I don't regret for a second buying it.

To people in doubt, try it, then decide; don't be a drone and blindly trust people on the forums.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by Popori

I heard they're adding quest hubs in the new expansion.

True story.

yea, and i heard you have no idea what you are talking about.

truet story.

He used something called sarcasm.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I say let people make more threads like this.. Let people's voices be heard.. Anet is treating their community like shit.  The devs are being a bunch of ****s.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Mothanos

ive spend 600 hours in WvW and was pro Anet the moment i heared about GW2.
    What happend to GW2 ? its just another carrot on a stick in no less then 3 months.

They promised not to do this, but what happend is my time spend in WvW is less returning less gear then some1 spending time in dungeons.
    And here we go again dungeon crawlers on top of pvp players, where have i seen this before :) ?

I have nothing against gear progresion !!! but i want to be on equal foot in a WvW setting versus people that join WvW.
    Now to be on par i am forced to do PvE...or accept iam on the weaker end of the stick if i dont want to pve.

My karma is worthless, my badges are worthless, but farming the new dungeons gives me better gear even in a WvW setting.

Planetside 2 on the horizon (24 hours)
    Eve always smile's back at me ;)
    And next year we can have a shot at mmo number 49582985792 who promise RvR / WvW namely Elders Scroll Online.

Rage is filling the forums and WvW players are mostly frustrated by their new vieuw on gear progresion.
    They will update WvW rewards, but it might take a month or 2 -_-

Time to pack me bags and leave GW2 for the time untill they sort this mess out.

If you don't want to do PVE to progress then don't play MMORPG's, stick to MMOFPS'ers like Planetside, but I'll bet even there some progression will creep in, players demand it these days.

I'm pretty sure that Arenanet's vision is still that you don't have to grind for gear in PVE to be competitive in PVP. Something that seems to be changed with the introduction of Ascended gear. Which is the point that Mothanos is trying to make. In GW1 it worked like a charm.

With the add of a tier above exotics in stats, I can understand that many players are afraid that Arenanet is moving away from that idea. A very important idea for many Arenanet fans. Especially those that followed GW2 through development.

This has nothing to do with having to lvl up to max lvl in PVE to be competitive.. But with dreading a potential gear treadmill after you hit lvl80 and having no assurance at this point that they won't keep adding more after this update.

If they want to have an additional tier that has infusion slots , fine. But that should be reason enough. Not adding another bump in base stats. Because it is kind of obvious that players who want to be prepared as best as possible for something like WvWvW, will see this gear as mandatoy.

There is no reason for the additional bump in stats on the new gear except for satisfying the gear treadmill crowd. To me this seems like a crappy compromise.

And I agree with him about the badges and karma.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Oh yes, they have absolutely no respect. Two months after release, already two FREE content additions in what is a B2P game. Absolutely no respect. Everyone should just cancel their subscriptions.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

To put it in very simple terms people were promised a no grind game as far removed from wows gear system as possible, just 2+ months after launch the first step towards gear grind has been taken.

For those not familiar games like wow live on the shiny shiny rule every expansion adds a new set of hear that makes your old awesome gear redundant, to the point in wow if you do not have the right gear you are not getting into that raid type of thing.

Part of the original GW appeal was you could kit yourself out get to 20 and experience all the game had to offer without being forced into new gear every few months.

New gear was nice but your old gear would suffice.

By taking this first step it is concerning a lot of people who came to GW2 to avoid that kind of carrot and stick.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Oh yes, they have absolutely no respect. Two months after release, already two FREE content additions in what is a B2P game. Absolutely no respect. Everyone should just cancel their subscriptions.

Mind if I frame this? :D

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

I'll have to agree with the OP on this, after all the support over the months before and after release, the sudden mention with a 2 day notice of ascended gear was nothing short of a backstab to the long time supporters like I. Like many people i thought these rewards were going to be cosmetic only to be surprised 2 days before it was released. Not only that but people are now forced to do one thing and one thing only if they want to get better gear, not like it used to be.

I am thankful for the free updates and content but I would've rather paid for them than had this added this way. I didn't cancel my subscription (for obvious reasons) but I'm sure as hell not giving them another cent. The silence and lack of replies show that they  just do not care about what these customers think. The way they handled this merging every single negative thing into one thread is a little sickening, of course if they didnt do that theyd have the whole forums covered in this.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Originally posted by grindwars2

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful?

The 'gap' was observed post launch. It's not "all of a sudden". 

Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'.

Which design philosophy is this? No item progression? No item grind? Both exist in the game before the introduction of Ascended items.

Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of disillusioned people who understood the manifesto wrong.

This is what happens when you get all hyped up. You fall a lot harder.

Item progression is no gear treadmill if it stops at one point. Nobody is against gear progression if you actually progress. It becomes a treadmill when there is no end and you and the enemy just scale in power. When both scale in power, it is no progression anymore.

Everything they mentioned in the manifesto was true until the last update. Of course you can be cynical all you want. That doesn't change the fact the others like to listen to what someone else is saying.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content.

Thing is, they're not done updating. They have plans for making Ascended items attainable through other means (e.g. PvE, WvWvW). It's just that they're not dropped all at once.

I never found any document where ANet stated that Exotic will be the best in slot tier forever, so going all dramatic about a gear treadmill is unfounded. However, we now have this statement:

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

This is as clear as day a promise, so if they introduced another tier then that's actual ground for complaining.

Reference: http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/news/guild-wars-2s-chris-whiteside-on-ascended-gear-concerns

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

There is no gap.  The stats on Exotics and Legendaries have been the same since launch.  So the gap is it takes a long time to get an item with a different appearance?  There was no gap in stats, so why the stat bumping?  PR BS.

I like how they say they won't be adding another tier of gear in 3 months for players to acquire.  Well that was pretty much what they had promised about a billion times over prior to launch.  Look how well they lived up to that.

I'm not going to stop playing the game, after all it's entirely free, but I would no longer consider myself an Arena Net supporter or a huge fan of the game.

Steam: Neph

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

Yea guys, content updates that betray your playerbase is totally acceptable.

Originally posted by Ghost12

Let's be real folks the first content update was Halloween.  Every single MMO out there pretty much did the same thing.  Maybe you liked the GW2 holiday more than others, but it's the same.  By the same token, if anyone actually wants to count Lost Shores as a content update more power to you but I wouldn't count it as much.  This is considering that over 50% of what was on offer for the "one time" event was a bugged out broken mess.

You guys act like they added a whole wealth of content to the game.  They hardly added anything especially considering Halloween was a one off event.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

QFT - what other game has given us more to do in a smaller timeframe. Rift took 9 months.....

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Let's be real folks the first content update was Halloween.  Every single MMO out there pretty much did the same thing.  Maybe you liked the GW2 holiday more than others, but it's the same.  By the same token, if anyone actually wants to count Lost Shores as a content update more power to you but I wouldn't count it as much.  This is considering that over 50% of what was on offer for the "one time" event was a bugged out broken mess.

You guys act like they added a whole wealth of content to the game.  They hardly added anything especially considering Halloween was a one off event.

The area and the Dungeon are here to stay - the invasion event was one off. Please 50% - maybe you should take math. The Island is staying as is the Dungeon - so that is not 50% less.

Originally posted by botrytis

The area and the Dungeon are here to stay - the invasion event was one off. Please 50% - maybe you should take math. The Island is staying as is the Dungeon - so that is not 50% less.

Seriously? So they added an island and dungeon and I should be doing backflips of joy?  That's hardly any content at all.  It also doesn't change the fact that they have lied repeatedly.  That doesn't make them much different than any other company,[mod edit]

Rather than 2 one time events (Halloween + Lost Shores), a dungeon, and an island I'd rather see them do actually needed improvements to the game.  Like, hey how about more than just one mode of sPvP, or how about that player culling issue, or how about all the broken events that continue to persist, or the terribad balance between classes, or all the missing mini-games that were supposed to be in at launch, etc etc etc.  Nah we'll add some one off PvE content and a new tier of gear, that'll keep people playing........

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

This post is about this

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/page/205

If you don't know what's going on, don't bother posting, go check the posts in the game's forums while they are still there (moderation eventually waters them down or supresses the ones targetted at them, or qotes to their manifesto or any pre-release material).

They used us to herald the game and build the hype, the LIED about the game features,  now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.

Which game features did they LIE about?

They sold us a game that was opposite to this garbage. They totally 180 on their manifesto and suckered everyone who pre-purchased and supported them from the beginning. This is more than marketing, this is false advertisement. If any collective legal action is possible, i'm in.

The opposite of garbage is 'something useful'.

In what way did they do a 180 on their manifesto? What detail exactly did they do exactly opposite of what they said?

Follow the link and have a laugh at us pre-purchasers. Many of you told us so.

"At the core of Guild Wars 2 is this simple concept. Respect for the player's intelligence, respect for the player's time, respect for the player's investment, and respect, even reverence, for the genre."

Another link for your amusement:

"Respect the player

We respect you—as a player, as a human being. This game we’re making may end up competing with your real life. It might fight for your free time alongside your friends, your family, your work, and whatever else you might be doing. Because of that, we want to give you a meaningful experience, not one that is a vapid waste of your time. Whatever your reasons for spending time in Tyria, we don’t want to waste it by doing stuff that isn’t fun.

Purpose: To keep us honest"

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful?

Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'.

Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.

These statements might actually be poignant, if you had satisfactorily proven your previous statements. However, your argument assumes the reader already knows without a doubt that they had lied about their features and done a 180 on their manifesto. Without proof; these 'ironic' statements are not ironic.

I"m not a GW2 player currently. I left the game because it fell short for me in a few areas. Never once though did I feel they had 'lied' to me about its features. All the features they touted were in fact there, I just didn't think they were fun. I also never got the feeling I was disrespected as a customer or that the developers didn't put the loving care into the game which those statements reflect. 

If I pay a ticket for a football game. And the football game sucks - I don't feel betrayed by the team owners for their "LIES" about what a good game football is. Essentially, I think this is what you are doing. 

The features are there. They did care about the product. It failed to meet your expectations. Don't take it so personally - it is a video game. 

Originally posted by Thorbrand

[mod edit]

AHH - by definitions of an MMO - it is an MMO. You saying your opinion does not dilute it one IOTA.

Rift is an MMO also.

Originally posted by Zorgo

This post is about this

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/page/205

If you don't know what's going on, don't bother posting, go check the posts in the game's forums while they are still there (moderation eventually waters them down or supresses the ones targetted at them, or qotes to their manifesto or any pre-release material).

They used us to herald the game and build the hype, the LIED about the game features,  now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.

Which game features did they LIE about?

They sold us a game that was opposite to this garbage. They totally 180 on their manifesto and suckered everyone who pre-purchased and supported them from the beginning. This is more than marketing, this is false advertisement. If any collective legal action is possible, i'm in.

The opposite of garbage is 'something useful'.

In what way did they do a 180 on their manifesto? What detail exactly did they do exactly opposite of what they said?

"At the core of Guild Wars 2 is this simple concept. Respect for the player's intelligence, respect for the player's time, respect for the player's investment, and respect, even reverence, for the genre."

"Respect the player

We respect you—as a player, as a human being. This game we’re making may end up competing with your real life. It might fight for your free time alongside your friends, your family, your work, and whatever else you might be doing. Because of that, we want to give you a meaningful experience, not one that is a vapid waste of your time. Whatever your reasons for spending time in Tyria, we don’t want to waste it by doing stuff that isn’t fun.

These statements might actually be poignant, if you had satisfactorily proven your previous statements. However, your argument assumes the reader already knows without a doubt that they had lied about their features and done a 180 on their manifesto. Without proof; these 'ironic' statements are not ironic.

I"m not a GW2 player currently. I left the game because it fell short for me in a few areas. Never once though did I feel they had 'lied' to me about its features. All the features they touted were in fact there, I just didn't think they were fun. I also never got the feeling I was disrespected as a customer or that the developers didn't put the loving care into the game which those statements reflect. 

If I pay a ticket for a football game. And the football game sucks - I don't feel betrayed by the team owners for their "LIES" about what a good game football is. Essentially, I think this is what you are doing. 

The features are there. They did care about the product. It failed to meet your expectations. Don't take it so personally - it is a video game. 

Here's a lie for you - there's a gap to fill between Exotics and Legendaries.  They have the same exact stats.  Please show me the gap except for QQ it takes too long to get Legendaries.  That was the whole freaking point of them being Legendary.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

It doesnt matter. Since they put the fatty from Maple Story in charge of sales, their cash shop went downhill, their grind increased and the game became only fun for those who like PvP. Does it matter? No. The game was (and still is) unfortunately too easy. Dungeons are a joke, jumping puzzles are easy, killing undead gets old (I still have L4D2 installed),  going around the world is made to annoy you rather than make you enjoy it. Getting gear looks cool, but having to use the orbs only available through cash shops makes it not even worth it. I try to enjoy the game every time I log in, but its getting harder and harder.  The new island has harder mobs to kill... well longer, so after killing 2 or 3, you avoid everything because you'd rather be doing something else. But PvP has barely changed aside from a few balance changes like reducing timers on certain skills. Yes you do get paired with retards, it happens, but best just laugh it off when it does.

They never respected you.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

Originally posted by botrytis

Seriously? So they added an island and dungeon and I should be doing backflips of joy?  That's hardly any content at all.  It also doesn't change the fact that they have lied repeatedly.  That doesn't make them much different than any other company, but you folks are really drinking the ANet Kool-Aid. 

Rather than 2 one time events (Halloween + Lost Shores), a dungeon, and an island I'd rather see them do actually needed improvements to the game.  Like, hey how about more than just one mode of sPvP, or how about that player culling issue, or how about all the broken events that continue to persist, or the terribad balance between classes, or all the missing mini-games that were supposed to be in at launch, etc etc etc.  Nah we'll add some one off PvE content and a new tier of gear, that'll keep people playing........

AHH - please that is just 2 months after the game was released. NAME ONE sub MMO that has released ANY content other than patches in the first 2-3 months after release. You can't because there aren't any.

People wanted events that affect the world - One Time events do that and repeatable wouldn't do that.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

[mod edit]

I and several others posted months back to keep all your expectations in check, ANET is only a business afterall, not some benevolent diety, but here we are.

I never expected much from this game and have already gotten much more playtime out of it than I originally anticipated.  So, for me, it's a pleasant surprise.  I did not buy into all that propoganda about it changing everything or the people claiming "they knew exactly the game it was and would definitely be playing it for years and years."

In the end, they promised the world and delivered something very small...and rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  In future, I recommend to look past the hype.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

This post is about this

"Respect the player

For sheer aimless ranting this must score pretty highly. To extend the post to several paragraphs whilst still managing to avoid any degree of topic has got to be respected.

Also scores well on the Angst meter, as I nearly felt almost genuine sympathy for whatever the subject is.

Suggestion to obviously fraught poster - log off from the game for a while mate and take a break, it's obviously not doing you any good.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,764
    It's the end of the world as he knows it!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Well said.

This discussion has been closed.