Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet has no respect for its supporters

Comments

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    I don't post much at all so deal with it.  That being said, GW2 fits my playstyle perfectly.  Loving almost every minute of it.  That being said, this latest event opening up content and another zone (not sure if the current event is what the OP was driving at or not) has gone absolutely awful.  AWFUL!  The lag has made the game, even at the lowest graphic settings, unplayable at best.  On top of that, the bugs have made the the storyline also unplayable and frustrating.  I'm still am active GW2 player, but good lord this event was absolute garbage.
    Originally posted by Kilmaul
    I don't post much at all so deal with it.  GW2 fits my playstyle perfectly.  Loving almost every minute of it.  That being said, this latest event opening up content and another zone (not sure if the current event is what the OP was driving at or not) has gone absolutely awful.  AWFUL!  The lag has made the game, even at the lowest graphic settings, unplayable at best.  On top of that, the bugs have made the the storyline also unplayable and frustrating.  I'm still an active GW2 player, but good lord this event was absolute garbage.

Anet is my hero obviously.

/sigh

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by grimal

Originally posted by NBlitz

Originally posted by lestatt35 <> Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful? Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'. Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.   Does ANet deserve respect now?   They used us to herald the game and build the hype, now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.
    Someone fell for a company's marketing onslaught? Oh noes! The marketing people did their jobs. What do people think this is? Charity work?  I'm sorry, people like this do not deserve sympathy and yes, we DID tell you so MONTHS ago. Feel free to browse my history. One thing I cannot do is laugh though.  Since you stuck with the game far longer than others did because you genuinely liked it, had your expectations been levelled from the start, I strongly believe you wouldn't have gotten to this point ---> Making an alt to share this with us, because you're ashamed. Hence why I cannot laugh. It´s tragic.
    This.  Why can't those fans and defenders of the almighty GW2 just admit they bought into the hype?  Why the need to hide behind an alt?

@op

I have been wrong in many posts. Sometimes it involved arguing with someone else. many times, I totally misunderstood what someone said and commented on it. I was wrong and came clean. It's not really a big deal. Why create an alt? 

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by lestatt35

<>

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful?

Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'.

Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.

Does ANet deserve respect now?

They used us to herald the game and build the hype, now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.

Someone fell for a company's marketing onslaught? Oh noes!

The marketing people did their jobs. What do people think this is? Charity work? image

I'm sorry, people like this do not deserve sympathy and yes, we DID tell you so MONTHS ago. Feel free to browse my history.

One thing I cannot do is laugh though. 

Since you stuck with the game far longer than others did because you genuinely liked it, had your expectations been levelled from the start, I strongly believe you wouldn't have gotten to this point ---> Making an alt to share this with us, because you're ashamed. Hence why I cannot laugh. It´s tragic.

This.  Why can't those fans and defenders of the almighty GW2 just admit they bought into the hype?  Why the need to hide behind an alt?

Hype- "Verb: Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits."

GW1 already had a working example of the horizontal progression system ANet marketed for GW2. It was not 'hype' because they had already demonstrated it. In GW1 (and as described in the GW2 manifesto) there is a hard cap gear plateau that is easy to reach (equivalent of exotic in GW2). Beyond that any progression is PURELY in aesthetics. Legendary weapons were only aesthetic.

The introduction of ascended items has now introduced a grind for better stats rather than a grind for aesthetics. They've even said they plan to introduce even higher upgrades. That is a complete 180 from what GW1 had AND what was described in the manifesto for GW2. That is a fact, there is no 'hype' or interpretation involved. Whether they lied knowingly or not the game has deviated from it's advertised philosophy just 3 months post-launch.

The real issue here isn't the change itself anyway; it's that ANet hasn't seen fit to even acknowledge that they've changed their plans for the direction of the game. There is a thread on the official forums of over 10,000 posts objecting to this change and it hasn't even had one proper response that addresses the concerns of the community.

If a game that had been built on endgame raiding suddenly had all its raids deleted with no explanation from the developers, and all content was reduced to group content, don't you think players who had bought that game for its endgame would be a bit frustrated? This is pretty much the same thing.

Posters like the OP have every right to complain.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I've made this account to post this. It's the only one. They changed the foundations of the game they said they were gonna make. The ones who followed the game the longest and bought it upfront got shafted. Any trolls need more clarification?  They shafted us and they deserve no credibility and I will spread the word anywhere I can.

I fit into this category and don't feel shafted at all.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Hype- "Verb: Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits."

Fraud: In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual

Look i'm not a disgruntled kid whining for being overhyped, I got ripped off in the product's main features and I wll tell everyone I can they can't be trusted. If there's any chance for a collective lawsuit, i'll jump in.

I'm getting my refund, everyone who got bait and switched by them should get it  as well.

My post was agreeing with you. Players weren't just running on hype for GW2 as GW1 had already accomplished the major elements of the manifesto and proved that they worked. Quite how they got it so wrong this time though I don't know... :(

• grindwars2grindwars2 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah but who got scammed by this change, being it planned or a desperate move, shouldn't be that complacent. No compromise for this kinda bullshit. Either ANet or NCsoft or whoever came up with this sudden turn of events needs to feel it.  If you got scammed, get a refund! Hit their wallets it's the only place companies feel any hits. If a collective lawsuit is possible on any grounds there's plenty of evidence floating about (I'd be interested). At least get a refund people, don't be idiots! You have six months to get one, if you're past that you can still contact your credit card operator and arrange for that.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by grindwars2

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful?

The 'gap' was observed post launch. It's not "all of a sudden". 

Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'.

Which design philosophy is this? No item progression? No item grind? Both exist in the game before the introduction of Ascended items.

Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of disillusioned people who understood the manifesto wrong.

This is what happens when you get all hyped up. You fall a lot harder.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Yeah but who got scammed by this change, being it planned or a desperate move, shouldn't be that complacent. No compromise for this kinda bullshit. Either ANet or NCsoft or whoever came up with this sudden turn of events needs to feel it.  If you got scammed, get a refund! Hit their wallets it's the only place companies feel any hits. If a collective lawsuit is possible on any grounds there's plenty of evidence floating about (I'd be interested). At least get a refund people, don't be idiots! You have six months to get one, if you're past that you can still contact your credit card operator and arrange for that.

Grow up, you didn't get scammed. Nothing about the game has changed to any significant degree; that +4 precision is not going to make previous gear obsolete because gear is not the driving factor for encounter difficulty like in other MMO's. The Infusion slots are not so much gear progression as they an additional PvE mechanic.

In addition, even if Anet decided to make a gear-treadmill, the game has always been subject to change.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

I heard they're adding quest hubs in the new expansion.

True story.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    For one I was never hyped about the game, since there was no hype. I believed in the words coming from designers and developers, not some trailer. Taking interviews was the main source for new pieces of information beneath blog posts. Word-of-mouth is the most important form of advertising for ANet, if you don't believe that, just take a look at their ridiculously bad launch trailer.

I understand an MMORPG has to change in order to keep going, but changing content, skills, professions etc is one thing, changing the foundation it is built on is another. I am not angry, just sad and disappointed in ANet taking this specific route to split the playerbase and providing dungeon crawling as it is known to WoW-players or any other traditional MMORPG players. The only difference here is that The Agony-Systems prevents players from grouping up like they do in previous dungeons. You don't have to have specific gear in order to stand a chance against encounters in the original dungeons.

Obviously you would deal less damage or be able to absorb less hits with inferior gear, but that wouldn't stop people from forming random groups. Now with the Agony-System in place and the increased RNG for special drops the higher the level of Agony is, the lower is the tolerance for players to take pugs below a specific level (since levels are adjusted). This leads to a forced player segragation and breaks another theorem they advertised for the game: skill>gear.

Instead of designing content for high level characters that scales well with zergs and makes all content relevant, they specifically introduce an area where the player is bound to play in order to stay competitive (wvw) or relevant. Of course, this leads (until other ways to acquire ascended gear are introduced) to a forced playstyle. You can no longer craft your way to the top gear.

I could go on, but I think you get the message of why some players don't like the current direction ANet is taking for GW2. Needless to say, I played hundreds of hours and enjoyed myself so much during that time, but for a lot of things I loved GW2 and ANet, I am disappointed and don't see a lot of what was previously said about it in the game.

ANet always said they are iterating things. Iteration is the most crucial aspect of game development, since you don't know if it really works until you tried it and there is no common solution for all problems. However changing the design philosophy is another story.

If you don't believe in what a developer says about a game's features and see it incorporated mostly well in the game in both BWE and then release and then experience a total switch, how would you react? I understand that taking something somebody says with a grain of salt is a good way to filter a lot of potential disappointment, but once you've seen something realised and then turned into something else, it is hard to stomach. At least for me.

Edit: I need a new keyboard.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful? The 'gap' was observed post launch. It's not "all of a sudden". 

Which design philosophy is this? No item progression? No item grind? Both exist in the game before the introduction of Ascended items.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of disillusioned people who understood the manifesto wrong.  

This is what happens when you get all hyped up. You fall a lot harder.

Item progression is no gear treadmill if it stops at one point. Nobody is against gear progression if you actually progress. It becomes a treadmill when there is no end and you and the enemy just scale in power. When both scale in power, it is no progression anymore.

Everything they mentioned in the manifesto was true until the last update. Of course you can be cynical all you want. That doesn't change the fact the others like to listen to what someone else is saying.
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    I've made this account to post this. It's the only one. They changed the foundations of the game they said they were gonna make. The ones who followed the game the longest and bought it upfront got shafted. Any trolls need more clarification?  They shafted us and they deserve no credibility and I will spread the word anywhere I can.

*waves hand*

Hi, I am Paul. I followed GW2 since it was first announced and I feel like they have delivered exactly what they promised.

I also feel I don't have to support my statement with any facts since you didn't either. Farewell, go spread your hate if you feel it gives your soul some comfort. (Blowing this way out of proportion much?)

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

"At the core of Guild Wars 2 is this simple concept. Respect for the player's intelligence, respect for the player's time, respect for the player's investment, and respect, even reverence, for the genre."

What? lol

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Popori

I heard they're adding quest hubs in the new expansion.

True story.

yea, and i heard you have no idea what you are talking about.

truet story.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The change was made based on "feedback by players".

Since Anet didn't ask for any feedback from players since BWE the only conclusion is that the feedback came from forums and social networks.

Since posting in forums and social networks can lead to change of stances by Anet it becomes obvious if you dislike the changes made you should post.

The same people telling people protesting to shut up are the same that told people protesting about no gear progression and nothing to do to shutup before.

"We want gear progression." - player that wants gear progression

"Game is fine. Gear progression is bad.WoW is that way. Shut up" - dude that doesn't care and whatever is always fine + player that doesn't want gear progression and was the original target for the Guild Wars franchise.

Anet adds gear progression based on player feedbac.

"We don't want gear progression" - player that doesn't want gear progression and was the original target for the Guild Wars franchise.

"Game is fine. Gear progression is good. Go play GW1. Shut up" - dude that doesn't care and whatever is always fine.

To be precise, most didn't say gear progression is good. Most tried to say that either there was no gear progression or that it was just this time or simply tried to divert attention with the rest of the content patch as if criticizing ascended items somehow equates to criticize the rest of the update.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Since Anet didn't ask for any feedback from players since BWE the only conclusion is that the feedback came from forums and social networks.

Since posting in forums and social networks can lead to change of stances by Anet it becomes obvious if you dislike the changes made you should post.

The same people telling people protesting to shut up are the same that told people protesting about no gear progression and nothing to do to shutup before.

"Game is fine. Gear progression is bad.WoW is that way. Shut up" - dude that doesn't care and whatever is always fine + players that doesn't want gear progression and was the original target for the Guild Wars franchise.

Aned adds gear progression based on player feedbac.

"We don't want gear progression" - player that doesn't want gear progression and was the original target for the Guild Wars franchise.

"Game is fine. Gear progression is good. Go play GW1. Shut up" - dude that doesn't care and whatever is always fine.

To be precise, most didn't say gear progression is good. Most tried to say that either there was no gear progression or that it was just this time or simply tried to divert attention with the rest of the content patch as if criticizing ascended items somehow equates to criticize the rest of the update.

I keep reading that but i just can't buy that reason.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

"Game is fine. Gear progression is bad.WoW is that way. Shut up" - dude that doesn't care and whatever is always fine + players that doesn't want gear progression and was the original target for the Guild Wars franchise.

Aned adds gear progression based on player feedbac.

I keep reading that but i just can't buy that reason.

Buy it or not it was one of the two reasons given.

Between player feedback and a gap between exotic and legendary items, at least there was people shoutting for progression while the only gap between exotics and legendaries was a grind gap.

On the other hand dispite exotics being seen as easy to acquire, they had  made them easier to acquire (apparently player feedback was saying it was too hard to grind exotics and that it was too easy to grind exotics?) and there was an increase in resource generation with this patch, making again exotics easier to obtain.

Exotic items were “easy to obtain” if, and only if, you:

1) Refuse to play more than one character.
    2) Refuse to play more than one build on each character.
    3) Refuse to use anything other than the cheapest (profession-crafted) Exotics in the game.

It seems to me a big cluster fuck, with Anet trying to appease to two completely different group of players.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

While I was pissed about this totally messed up one time event too and I don't like the some of the changes that this Lost Shores update will bring, it makes no sense to assume that this is some kind of form of negligence from Arenanet.

The blog that introduced the ascended gear was already PR disaster and the bugged event totally messed up their free trials this weekend. I don't think that it was Arenanet's intention to show a buggy and laggy GW2 to potential new buyers lol and at the same time piss off the existing customers.

But yeah, the new gear changes they introduce makes me wonder whats left of the people at Arenanet who were so enthousiastic about the manifesto.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

ive spend 600 hours in WvW and was pro Anet the moment i heared about GW2.
    What happend to GW2 ? its just another carrot on a stick in no less then 3 months.

They promised not to do this, but what happend is my time spend in WvW is less returning less gear then some1 spending time in dungeons.
    And here we go again dungeon crawlers on top of pvp players, where have i seen this before :) ?

I have nothing against gear progresion !!! but i want to be on equal foot in a WvW setting versus people that join WvW.
    Now to be on par i am forced to do PvE...or accept iam on the weaker end of the stick if i dont want to pve.

My karma is worthless, my badges are worthless, but farming the new dungeons gives me better gear even in a WvW setting.

Planetside 2 on the horizon (24 hours)
    Eve always smile's back at me ;)
    And next year we can have a shot at mmo number 49582985792 who promise RvR / WvW namely Elders Scroll Online.

Rage is filling the forums and WvW players are mostly frustrated by their new vieuw on gear progresion.
    They will update WvW rewards, but it might take a month or 2 -_-

Time to pack me bags and leave GW2 for the time untill they sort this mess out.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372

"Read my lips, no new taxes" GWB Sr.

Some promises, much like ANET's are ill thought out and sometimes reality requires they be broken for the greater good of the situation.

No reason to get totally strung out over it, this is after all, a 60.00 video game and in the greater scheme of the universe, largely inconsequential.

I'm guessing if the game was enjoyable to you before, it will largely still be after these changes.

But of course, if you can't live with this, then stop playing is the right way to go, though I can't agree with the idea of asking for a refund if you've spent any amount of time on this game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Originally posted by Mothanos

ive spend 600 hours in WvW and was pro Anet the moment i heared about GW2.
    What happend to GW2 ? its just another carrot on a stick in no less then 3 months.

They promised not to do this, but what happend is my time spend in WvW is less returning less gear then some1 spending time in dungeons.
    And here we go again dungeon crawlers on top of pvp players, where have i seen this before :) ?

I have nothing against gear progresion !!! but i want to be on equal foot in a WvW setting versus people that join WvW.
    Now to be on par i am forced to do PvE...or accept iam on the weaker end of the stick if i dont want to pve.

My karma is worthless, my badges are worthless, but farming the new dungeons gives me better gear even in a WvW setting.

Planetside 2 on the horizon (24 hours)
    Eve always smile's back at me ;)
    And next year we can have a shot at mmo number 49582985792 who promise RvR / WvW namely Elders Scroll Online.

Rage is filling the forums and WvW players are mostly frustrated by their new vieuw on gear progresion.
    They will update WvW rewards, but it might take a month or 2 -_-

Time to pack me bags and leave GW2 for the time untill they sort this mess out.

If you don't want to do PVE to progress then don't play MMORPG's, stick to MMOFPS'ers like Planetside, but I'll bet even there some progression will creep in, players demand it these days.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

So we got a new random hater who created a new account with the proper hater name.

Nothing to see here move along.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

This discussion has been closed.