Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What killed your WOW account?

Comments

• ZoltosZoltos Member UncommonPosts: 60

Blizzards Greed and other more fun mmorpg´s...

I can´t see the reason to pay every month for a game and on top of that pay for the expansions. I mean we pay every month for the game so they can continue to develop and improve the game do we not? Or do we just pay so much for the service and the GM´s??

Playing now - GW2

Playing soon - GW2 and Darkfall 2.0 :)

Games Played: Anarchy Online,Star Wars Galaxies,WOW,Eve,Darkfall,Vanguard, Fallen Earth,SWTOR,GW2,Tera,ESO,Wildstar, Black Desert, Archeage & Albion Online
    Now playing: Conan Exiles & Rocket League
    Games looking forward to: Diablo 4! & Star Citizen?

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Pretty simple for me really. I was tired of playing it. Played it a long time, had a lot of fun, met a lot of nice people regardless of what everyone says about the community (remember folks assholes are everywhere not just in WoW). So I noticed I wasn't logging in anymore and quit. Not the first time that happened and I'm sure not the last.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by docshady
    What killed your wow account?  Real life?  Another MMO?

Cataclysm. 

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    WoW just got boring for me. I distinctly remember standing around Dalaran one day and thinking "Why do I even login to play this game anymore?". That was the day I quit.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    New games, WoW just became out-dated and worse as time went on.

• lootdudehahalootdudehaha Member Posts: 8
    well, i have switched to Guild War 2, i guess that's the reason that blizzard can't earn my bucks anymore.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Gear and reputation grinds killed it for me.
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by dzoni87
    Boredom of constant chasing neverending gear threadmill. That plus Cataclysm announcement :(

Exactly..  End game was a mind numbing meaningless treadmill..  One tier after another after another..  If the game promoted the OPEN world moreso then the private instancing, and focused on social gaming instead of cliques I'd still be playing.. but oh well..

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I got sick of scheduling my life around a game in order to get the best gear.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I found a direct correlation between the time I spent logged into World of Warcraft and the decrease of my ability to reason or perform simple tasks.

The more I played, the dumber I got.  So I quit before WoW removed enough of my neurons to render me incapable of saving myself from certain dumb.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Robokapp

there's something wrong with my wow account? Oh no!!!

@Kadepsyson: if you truly believe what you rote, you didn't remove yourself on time. Might as well keep playing.

I think what I "rote" and what you "rote" in response clearly substantiate my claims.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    When it became a second job and not a game. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• jimmyly86jimmyly86 Member Posts: 2
    when they made kungfu panda.
  • bigmuskbigmusk Member Posts: 1
    5 new level`s for $40 seems like a ripoff to me
  • dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    I felt Blizzard and it's developers had lost touch with what I enjoyed about the game. I also felt with the amount of money coming in they should have been providing conent on a much better release schedule than they were and had grown lazy overall.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    When my account was inactive, I was just a regular guy. Once I re-activated  I'm doing Quantam Physics. Go figure...
  • LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662
    Something much more rewarding: motorsports.
    I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I play currently, but have left the game for long periods of time. Each time it's either because End Game became boring, or (most recently) because they changed my class in a siginificant way to negatively affect the way I played with my friends. We had a decent 3's team, nowhere near top ranking but we had fun and we stuck around 1500-1600. Then Blizz changed each of our classes in a massive balancing sweep, and despite 3 weeks of trying to adjust we just couldn't seem to maintain an even win/loss ratio.

I'll likely leave again when they completely rework the classes for 'balance'. But for now the new content has been a blast.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Gonorrhea.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    WOTLK... Dungeon Finder, AOE Dungeon runs, Phasing, Nerfs to outdoor 1-60 leveling content, Account gear. It has been all down hill from there.
  • galphargalphar Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

What killed your WOW account?

Hackers, at least according to my email every other week.

This^^

But before that I left WoW a couple of months before Cataclysm because I was tired of the whole gear grind. Got sick of doing the same thing every day just to maybe get that one piece of gear I wanted(or needed according to all the elitists out there). 

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Burning Crusade. I miss vanilla WOW.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    The main reason why i quit was the introduction of the group finder...it made exploration and the whoal fun of getting sumwhere meaningless...that and Flying mounts...not to mention the whoal do thing over n over n over n over....WoW was the best and was only good when it was vanilla....
  • jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

I just stopped having fun. I did what the game offered extensively, and with all the new expansions, they never offered anything new to do.  I had fun while it lasted, but to be honest, all these themepark games are the same to me. You level, you dungeon grind,then  you raid with the tacked on addition of battlegrounds. The combat is mostly the same, most of the skills are copied and pasted from one another. It's just bleh. It has nothing to do with dungeon finder, or gear treadmills, or the community.  I quit wow for the same reason i stopped wasting my time on all themepark games...I just can't have fun in them anymore.

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

I already walk two treadmills, one at the gym the other is called my job.  WoW is just another treadmill.