Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta say i am hooked

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    There is a difference in sharing your opinion and harrasing all threads created related to xsyon.  Every post ive seen about xsyon, generally follows with a troll the tears it down.  Sure we all have different views where want the game to be, However harrassing every single thread about it, Yea thats beyond *expressing your views*.

Hey listen man, I paid $39.99 so I have every right to voice my opinions about the game. Wanna know why these threads turn out like that? Because others like me feel we got jobbed... and we did. And now Jordi wants to "kickstart" a product that we already paid for?

That's a scam man, regardless of whether you can see it or not, it's a scam.

i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state,

Give me a break!!! Its 100% his fault: from the crap code to having no vision.

So, do you know how to code? Obviously his vision is not one that you agree with, great, last time i check theres other sandboxs you can play, Let me guess there vision didnt agree with ya ethier, So mr, visionary, Wats your vision?

So what is the ultimate vision? We've been in prelude for 2 years with little progress and it obviously isnt working. image  (thus the trial and kickstarts) All games have their faults, but must "sandboxs"  keep peoples interest for longer than a few weeks.

Do I know how to code ? How cute....NO!  But I dont have to be a Doctor to know Im sick or be a Mechanic to know my cars broken. image

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    so you dont want to work for stuff ingame. IE, dont want to level your skills up, Find the materials to build your homes, tools,gears,weapons, carts with. You rather have it easy mode where a few clicks you get it? i never played UO so i cant say anything about it. However, Considering the past 2 years, the combat system, Scavenge system, Graphics system, Tree system, Animal AI systems, Entire crafting System, Hell the entire game was re-written to fix the game, Not to mention the constant bug fixs, He is just finally now ready to start rolling out wat we all heard at launch, Also forgot to add Skill and stat decay in there, Then we got the crafting update coming, adds artisan and master recipes and female armors and finishs the Stat buffs you can customize armors with.  Then comes cooking and ranged.   Considering most of this has been done solo,   Thats pretty fast if ya ask me! ohh year, carts, zombies, mutant animals, all nifty adds, then all the new arch stuff that came in over the year, Tool decay. the game is literally 100% different then it was on launch  and continues to get more added. Reason for Kickstarter is simple,  Now that the game is ready to get wat u all wanted in, its to do it at a rapid rate, The stuff most of ya wanted was partially ready, just never added and well with that giant tally list there he did, wasnt time to do it.  So these are the facts, the game is only gonna progress from here, with or without those that dislike it for w/e reasons. Its not going anywhere anytime soon and looking back at the past, thats alot!. :-)
    so you dont want to work for stuff ingame. IE, dont want to level your skills up, Find the materials to build your homes, tools,gears,weapons, carts with. You rather have it easy mode where a few clicks you get it?

What are you talking about? We had more materials than we knew what to do with and maxed most skills. The biggest time sink was sorting all the crap.  Regardless of the "fixes" its still boring and combat is still a joke.

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69
    Well said fatboy.
    hancakes game may be boring for you, but i didnt max all my skills out and keep focused on that. I actually played the game for 2 years, Exploring it, hunting, doing different builds to my home. The combat system seems perfectly fine to me, i have no problam pvping, didnt at launch nor with the new system, Though with the new system, animals are a hell of alot tougher to down now, thus a massive challenge :-). I am truly sorry you rushed the game like that, Anyone that focus's on maxing skills out and does nothing else will surely be burned out on the game whent here done, that happens in all mmos. The is no fix for being burned out :-(
    hancakes game may be boring for you, but i didnt max all my skills out and keep focused on that. I actually played the game for 2 years, Exploring it, hunting, doing different builds to my home. The combat system seems perfectly fine to me, i have no problam pvping, didnt at launch nor with the new system, Though with the new system, animals are a hell of alot tougher to down now, thus a massive challenge :-). I am truly sorry you rushed the game like that, Anyone that focus's on maxing skills out and does nothing else will surely be burned out on the game whent here done, that happens in all mmos. The is no fix for being burned out :-(

I didn't "rush" anything, my 2 accounts were shared by other guildmates on the other side of the planet.  The game has little to offer at any level of character developement and the world could be explored in a matter of days.  So youre saying there isnt  and wasn'ta desync problem with combat Pve or Pvp?

How is the number of left clicks doing mindless work advancement?

So bascially you walked around and rebuilt your house for 2 years? image

i never really had desync issues that every1 claims they got, seeing that your account was shared, hell ya ud be bored, ya didnt do much from the getgo..lol ive pvped off n on for 2 years, but seeing as pvp dont last here due to the loosing side always ragequits, The zombies took that job, they loot ya, if u run from them they get stronger, pretty fun stuff. and yes i randomly rebuilt my city, because in a sanbox thats wat a sandbox is for, to do anything and everything ya want,  If you ever played second life, who is champs of the sandbox world, you can literally do anything you want there in space or under ground and make anything. But requires a ton of work, A true sandbox  gives ya the tools to make awsome things. So hans, Go any pics of your tribes homes? How many stories in the air did ya makem? any hunting pics? Did ya happen to run across the 350-500 hps animals and zombies?  Games alot more different then you think :-P Sure ya click alot also, but your making each matieral , last time i checked with you mass make items say 50-100 at a time, thats handholding and not really a sandbox :-P
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

while im trying not to post just negatives anymore about games i cannot even think of one thing this game does right besides the post apocalypse land. I played this game at beta and the first two months of release , quit because it was just plain out boring as hell and clunky with archiac controls. I came back about 7 or 8 months later to see it again for a month sub and didnt even make it two weeks starting over fresh. Nothing at all really changed , combat was clunky and you died to rabid rabbits and hampsters..... I remember logging into mine and two buddies little tribe with walls around it and having mutant bears inside the fort near the green mists.

The dev behind this game is just clueless on systems and design even though he can be commended for making a game almost by himself like this. But there is just far better sandbox games than this including minecraft true survival servers and mods and SWG on a private server. This guy is asking for kickstarter money also a year after the game is released to the public and yet its still buggy and in a beta phase but people have to pay for it.  I mean i understand the concept of imagination and dreams but you just cannot release something as archaic as this and expect people to pay while key systems promised during beta still have never been released. I remember him promising mount and blade combat during beta yet the combat is still the same as it was on release just the animations are a bit smoother.

Like I said i do not want to hate on the idea of this game because it would be a good sandbox if he had a team and another year of alpha , but in its current state this game is not worth a sub nor even a cash shop for that matter. Hopefully he can hire on some more people and make the game to design standards of 2012 and 2013 instead of 2001 or 2002.

Cronius a lot of things have been taken care of that you mention. There are danger levels now as well which being near the mist it sounds like you are in high to extreme danger and creatures of a higher caliber migrate to these areas like the mutants you mention. Come on trial some time and give it a go.

The combat system is nothing like beta and is more like a mount and blade combat setup now more than anything. You can do directional and charged attacks, IMO I like this system far better than what was in beta.

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107

When was the last time you heard from anyone on the Xsyon team apart from Jordi and his cousins (AKA Guides)? He apparently has hired programmers in the past, has a few on the team at present, and has also recently contracted a marketing firm... and where is the evidence of all this? If these people ever actually existed, they sure didn't do much.

Last time Jordi hired a development team he hired Russians because he heard they were cheap. Well they are, but they're also less skilled and more difficult to manage being that they're in different continents. He started selling pre-orders and telling us the game was weeks away, and was 80% feature complete. A few weeks later, he tells us all the coding is wrong, that he has fired the team, and is re-writing most things himself.... He still travels to Russia regularly, apparently to work with whatever mystery team members still remain.

Miro, hes been solo most of the time, he is the marketing team. He travel to russian to see his wife, and worked ont he game while there. Now that his wife is in the us, he probally wont be going there that much anymore. i also know who you are ,  when we used to chat you used to never be the way you are  currently, So wat gives, wat turned ya to constatly harrass the game now?
    Actually, Reading Mirokatas posting history, iLLmaculate  <--- did buy the game, However the most tribe was banned from the game, and since has held a grudge and continued to harrass it.  Tribes name was 420. The was banned before launch, Thus they dont know how the game is, they just hate it and continue to harrass it. i do not troll fourms, However i am sick of every thread made about xsyon any and all new folks that ask questions about it are given false answer's and  trolled. This is harrassment and will end. :-)

1) I am not iLLmaculate

2) None of us were banned before launch

3) Our group of around 10 played at launch until we quit about 1-2 weeks later by our own choice

4) Our tribe name was Bad As Can

5) I've revisited the game a few times throughout the free-to-play period, and again during the welcome-back promo just before zombies

6) You still don't know what troll means

7) I haven't said anything on these forums that is false

Like I've told you before, you're really doing far more than I ever could to hurt Xsyon's image.

Originally posted by Mirokata
    Actually, Reading Mirokatas posting history, iLLmaculate  <--- did buy the game, However the most tribe was banned from the game, and since has held a grudge and continued to harrass it.  Tribes name was 420. The was banned before launch, Thus they dont know how the game is, they just hate it and continue to harrass it. i do not troll fourms, However i am sick of every thread made about xsyon any and all new folks that ask questions about it are given false answer's and  trolled. This is harrassment and will end. :-)

1) I am not iLLmaculate

2) None of us were banned before launch

3) Our group of around 10 played at launch until we quit about 1-2 weeks later by our own choice

4) Our tribe name was Bad As Can

5) I've revisited the game a few times throughout the free-to-play period, and again during the welcome-back promo just before zombies

6) You still don't know what troll means

7) I haven't said anything on these forums that is false

Like I've told you before, you're really doing far more than I ever could to hurt Xsyon's image.

So true, but good for a laugh!!!

Miro, hes been solo most of the time, he is the marketing team. He travel to russian to see his wife, and worked ont he game while there. Now that his wife is in the us, he probally wont be going there that much anymore. i also know who you are ,  when we used to chat you used to never be the way you are  currently, So wat gives, wat turned ya to constatly harrass the game now?

He hasn't been solo. He has stated on multiple occasions that he has a team in Russia. He wants more money to hire more Russian programmers. He was working with an ad agency, who "highly recommended" that he should redo his website (side note: the new website is horrendous).

Don't you find it a little concerning that superfan such as yourself didn't know any of this?

I remember a couple of programmers showing their face on the forums and IRC, and a few weeks later fading away without a word.

Do you really think Jordi will be able to hire and manage effectively this time around?

The russian developers you speak of went on to AAA companies, they just couldn't handle the work load and those companies have them working on more specific tasks.

None of the programmers hung around on IRC and the art team posted on the forum before launch, they never came on to IRC either.

Originally posted by nkitz

The russian developers you speak of went on to AAA companies, they just couldn't handle the work load and those companies have them working on more specific tasks.

None of the programmers hung around on IRC and the art team posted on the forum before launch, they never came on to IRC either.

Oh, how do you know this? Can you give us more details on the past/present team composition?

Originally posted by Mirokata

Oh, how do you know this? Can you give us more details on the past/present team composition?

I'm just making sure the facts are known than the lies you keep trying to spew here. Just because some developers were Russian does not mean the quality of work is less! that is farther from the truth, I told you the reason but some of them are working for triple A companies now and they didn't get those jobs because they were cheap or inexperienced. The workload was massive and they couldn't handle the amount of things that had to be done, as I have said before that I did developer work on Wurm and a lot of you don't understand the amount of stuff there is to do. That is ok, we move as fast as we can, trying our best not to hurry stuff out. I can't speak for Xsyon because I don't work as a developer but from prior experience I can honestly say I fully understand the challenges and time required.

• MoobaraMoobara Member Posts: 7

Don't want to be nitpicking now, but can't resist. I don't think Mirokata claimed the russian developers to have made a poor work on Xsyon. It was fatboy who did that....

(quote from an earlier note by fatboy)

"i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state, Not yours ethier. He has hired devs in the past, However they didnt do the job they was paid for. Costing him to get so far behind because he had to redo there work. Generally hes been solo trying to get the game where it needs to be, Most of this game since its creations has been funded out of his pocket."

• MoobaraMoobara Member Posts: 7

And in general...

I have played Xsyon on multiple accounts and I'm pretty clear over how I feel about the game. I just recently quit playing Xsyon so my experience is kind of fresh.

What Fatboy and Nkitz keep repeating is more misleading than what Mirokata and others keep bashing about. Let's take a few of the popular issues that is repeated over and over again...

Population

There are even text-based MUD's out there with much larger populations than Xsyon (Aardwolf for example). The fact that you claim that the population is rising isn't really saying anything. You can spend 2 hours ingame and not see even one chat-line on the global/local chat. You can walk 8 zones without seeing any player at all. That is not necessarily bad, but for those of you who require some social exchange you better think again before trying out Xsyon. If you are into PvP - stay out for now untill Xsyon attracts some more players.

Combat

Fatboy says he has no desync issues when in combat. Good for him. Personally I don't need desync issues to be turned off by the combat system. It is horrible and utterly horrible <PERIOD>.

Content

It has been said, even by those in favor of the game, that there is always things to do in the game. That is true. You can forage for herbs. Not that you can do anything with them, but you can forage them. You can plant trees, if you find a zone which hasnt reached its tree limit. You can chop down trees and fabricate the wood into ... lots of things. You can terraform the terrain and you will not be alone in doing that. The land is scarred by everyone's efforts in making ditches and towers of dirt.  You can craft armor and weapons in infinite quantities. Just don't ask yourself "Why?"

Environment

The weather and the seasons changes in the game. Warm summer days are followed by rainy autumn days and finally laid to rest under a blanket of snow in the winter. In the spring everything starts over again. To be more interesting it would have been nice if low temperature actually would be something else than a number on the minimap. If hunger and thirst would have meant something else but a littlel slower energy regeneration. Unfortunately that isn't the case. You can run around in your underpants without ever drinking or eating from day 1 untill you retire. Hardly a survival theme to me.

Animals

Sigh...always a problem with animals. During the year I played the Animals have been the longest ongoing problem that surely sucked up most resources/time of the developers. Either they don't exists or they swamp your place or they gang up on you or they run so fast up those mountains you have no way to follow suit. For a single player who want to do things on his/her own you can just forget about hunting. Small animals are (almost) impossible to catch. Large animals kill you.

Just wanted to clarify a few things about Xsyon. I don't consider myself a "hater" of "basher of games".

PS

Xsyon lowered the price for the game today to 30 dollars and the sub is down to 9,99/month.

my bad prokop, so i got your tribe wrong sue me. Its been  one of those weeks for me and my mind is out there, Considering i just found out yesterday my girlfriend is expecting a 2nd child.......  Anyhow, you never did answer my question Why do you keep harrasing the game? you made that account for the sole purpose of trolling any thread that appears about xsyon, Why? , You speak of jordi in bad ways, Yet you spend everyday trolling mmorpg Xsyon threads, Id say you got a grudge against the game and will do anything to hurt its image.  And yes you seen devs, Darkfire did talk witheveryone, But he wasnt a dev, he just worked on the new account system :-P  However he didnt stick around long. I never said he never had any,   i did state in above threads that *generally*, but seems u missed it :-P Also you are stating your opinions of the game, not facts, Each person has a different view, However your just like how a few rotten players i know used to be, Push your opinion over others and you prove this by posting in ALL xsyon threads, your post history gives that away. So yes i do know wat trolling is and a trolling account is :-p. Shame, we did have nice convos at point, but reading your history, you sir have goten very childish about it and turned your hate into an obssesion :-P 

No, you got everything wrong, because you simply made stuff up to suit your view of me. You even repeat bullshit that I already refuted, like that I made this account for use on the Xsyon board. We've been down this road of "Why do I still pay attention to Xsyon"; you're already looking through my post history, so how about actually reading them? Either your memory is terrible or you're simply baiting me into this bribblefest you're trying to put on -- either way, you're disqualified from a rational discussion on Xsyon (or any other topic for that matter).

I'm just making sure the facts are known than the lies you keep trying to spew here. Just because some developers were Russian does not mean the quality of work is less! that is farther from the truth, I told you the reason but some of them are working for triple A companies now and they didn't get those jobs because they were cheap or inexperienced. The workload was massive and they couldn't handle the amount of things that had to be done, as I have said before that I did developer work on Wurm and a lot of you don't understand the amount of stuff there is to do. That is ok, we move as fast as we can, trying our best not to hurry stuff out. I can't speak for Xsyon because I don't work as a developer but from prior experience I can honestly say I fully understand the challenges and time required.

No, I asked you "How do you know this?" and "What was the past/present team composition?" not "What did you say?". Care to try again?

What did I say that was a lie?

You do realize Jordi spoke very negatively about these programmers, right? You're here defending them, so why don't you care that Jordi apparently overloaded them with work and then, when they couldn't handle it, spoke poorly of them and fired them? "The old programmers did a bad job" was his go-to excuse for lack of development progress for a year before the official release.

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    There is a difference in sharing your opinion and harrasing all threads created related to xsyon.  Every post ive seen about xsyon, generally follows with a troll the tears it down.  Sure we all have different views where want the game to be, However harrassing every single thread about it, Yea thats beyond *expressing your views*.

Hey listen man, I paid $39.99 so I have every right to voice my opinions about the game. Wanna know why these threads turn out like that? Because others like me feel we got jobbed... and we did. And now Jordi wants to "kickstart" a product that we already paid for?

That's a scam man, regardless of whether you can see it or not, it's a scam.

i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state,

Give me a break!!! Its 100% his fault: from the crap code to having no vision.

So, do you know how to code? Obviously his vision is not one that you agree with, great, last time i check theres other sandboxs you can play, Let me guess there vision didnt agree with ya ethier, So mr, visionary, Wats your vision?

fatboy  i bet  my life  that you dont know shit bout programming  when it comes to creating games .

i never really had desync issues that every1 claims they got,

So everyone had the problem but you? Any idea how absurd that sounds? image

Hancakes, try upgrading your computer, youll find there is no desync then. i know people ingame runing i7s with 550 tis and have 0 desync issues, So sorry your systems now up to par, MiroKata, you post B/S not facts, However i  am done chating with you, Ill let the staff on these fourms deal with ya. and Pum your rite i dont know how to code, but wat i do know is its hard, takes alot of time and No one in these threads can code, yet they claim they know wat the game needs and that things are too slow forem.  Go learn to make a game and program, bet you come back with a different train of thought :-P
    Hancakes, try upgrading your computer, youll find there is no desync then. i know people ingame runing i7s with 550 tis and have 0 desync issues, So sorry your systems now up to par, MiroKata, you post B/S not facts, However i  am done chating with you, Ill let the staff on these fourms deal with ya. and Pum your rite i dont know how to code, but wat i do know is its hard, takes alot of time and No one in these threads can code, yet they claim they know wat the game needs and that things are too slow forem.  Go learn to make a game and program, bet you come back with a different train of thought :-P

You have no idea what you're talking about -- desync in Xsyon has nothing to do with the user's computer. The game has horrible underlying coding, which is why 99% of the development efforts have been "behind the scene" improvements that you can't notice. I know how to code, and the most important thing when starting a project is to establish the foundation and framework such that you can implement new features and content without having to rewrite everything that supports it -- that was clearly not done with Xsyon.

In any case, everything in life is hard to do and takes a lot of time if you're bad at it and you don't do it the right way.

Like I said before, you're doing more harm to the Xsyon image than I ever will. Anyone reading this thread is walking away with the impression that the community is composed of rambling defensive fanboys who will say anything to justify their addiction to digging virtual trenches, which it is.

Hancakes, try upgrading your computer, youll find there is no desync then. i know people ingame runing i7s with 550 tis and have 0 desync issues,So sorry your systems now up to par,

You just said EVERYONE but you had the issue, keep back peddling.image  Secondly, desync has nothing to do with the users specs. Not up to par? A  I5 @ 4.5Ghz, 16GIG, GTX680... is more than enough for xsyon, NIce try LMAOimage