Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta say i am hooked

Comments

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

alot of ya seen me ingame, or roaming these forms. Ive been with xsyon since beta and i shall stay with it perminatly. See slaping a tent on the ground, and then saying nothing to do, then obviously sandboxs are not for you. The main purpose of the sandbox is to give ya the freedom to get creative and xsyon does this. There is 5 -15 story buildings ingame that players made and spent months making, Hunting, hell its a challenge and there is folks the spent a year doing only that and they still do weekly hunts and love it. Zombies and mutants ingeneral added a ton of fun, The crafting patch coming up will add aton more to gameplay. Those that dont like the game and keep spaming everything about it is also probally the same that at one point got banned for esessive griefing or somthing that broke the EULA, so thus they troll here. Happens to all games folks Ignore the trolls, try the game You decide if ya like it,

Trial server is FREE so you  loose nothing to check it out. Also once kickstarter launchs, im gonna support it and givem my money,  I see the vision  and where this game can go and it will get there, and these trolls wont stop it from happening as unlike most devs these days, Jordi is loves his work, does it all day everyday and VERY RARELY gets a friggin break. Also those who keep flamin these threads, Unless you got an mmo you funded out of your own wallet and you code, No complaining as Developing a game is a ton of work and takes alot of time. Also unlike wurmonline, He has been keeping his promises, he puts up a todo list of wat the next round of updates will be, and he does them all, then does a new one n repeats, Not fill your heads with b/s and then never see anything at all. btw you should read wats coming soon, as those will be worked on and done, if you dont beleave well thats up to you but ive personally seen every list his posts completed :-)

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The problem Fatboy, isnt that there is nothing to do.   Its the price is to high for what is offered. 

When you can get a more complete sandbox game that has older graphics for a lot less. (cant mention it here even though the whole project has the written permission of the original publisher)

Xsyon is far from the bad if not horrible game it was on launch, it has improved greatly, if anything it would have my vote for most improved.   But its still far off from what SWG was, or even Roma Victor was, much less what newer games that are on the horizon like The Repopulation.  

As someone else said in another subforum here, "Developers are suffering from a lack of focus." 

And he is right, most devs these days are suffering from an extreme case of ADHD.

So much crap, so little quality.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by natonn
    Originally posted by natonn

I would agree with SabbathSMC.  If you like Wurm you'll like Xsyon.  If you're looking for something that requires a little personal RP (roleplay) then you'll like Xsyon. The game doesn't focus on telling you what to do. If you find it exciting to run around building things and then moving on -

I have to disagree with the comment about this not keeping someone interested for 6 months. There are a handful of games out there that only have building elements. It's really about the following statement about price. If it's worth it to you then get it. Same thing applies to the 6 months statement. If this is a game you like... for what it is - then you'll stay interested for more than 6 months. If it's not - then follow the Kickstarter and see if you want to join in in getting the game to the next level.

Unless you are into building things just for fun, this game WONT keep your interest for over 6 weeks, let alone 6 months.

I respect your opinion :) I believe there are more aspects to this game then just building.  Yes that seems to be the primary aspect but not the only.  

The game is most definitely a niche game and isn't for everyone. It seems you fall outside of that niche market.

So please enlighten me into the specfics that aren't  just building/crafting ?  What niche is Xsyon catering to? 

I also find it ironic you were peddling the same crap back in Sept.

General Discussion « Xsyon

9/02/12 5:14:21 PM

"Now is a great time to get in. MrDDT posted what is being planned. He neglected to mention that NG is also starting a kickstarter program so that they can hire additional Devs. I'm pretty excited about that and think things will really start moving in the next few months." http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5268640#5268640

Please...Its going on TWO YEARS!

Do you have any idea how much money Jordi made at the release of Xsyon? I promise any money made during the "kickstart" will go right back into his pockets.

Exactly.

It actually pisses me off that I PAID for the game and now he wants more cash to "kickstart" the game that he sold us. And what's worse is people are falling for this scam.

Sad. Very sad.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69

As I said before, you don't have to participate and those that do are perfectly able to make their own minds and are not sheeple. You bought a game and you were promised this and that but he didn't give you a timeline or set date either, so you have to understand that a small team like that and development is going to be slow as things take different amounts of time. You keep trying to make that decision and to convince people otherwise. Yes, you paid for the game and no one is telling you to kick in a dime of money and why you keep complaining about it as if someone is twisting your arm, making you kick in some money is beyond me. If kickstarter does well then you wont have anything to complain about and if it doesn't then you'll continue on as you are right now.

It's best just to click block above hancakes and this ones name and just ignore their posts. The game as Hodo said has come a long way in just a year and he's been working hard on it as Fatboy said. As I have said in a previous post, the game development is going as fast as it can because of the playerbase for sandbox mmo games. The playerbase is not the largest by any means and telling a developer to just stick with account sales and continue development with server cost and staff pay on that doesn't make good sense when there are options out there for the developer to tap for funds to speed up the development process. You are no authority on finance and you probably have someone else do your taxes, maybe even your bills but there are costs that are factored in along with development and I'm sure the server bill comes first. Whatever may be left over from all the operating costs could very well not even buy a few hours of dev time for another programmer or artist, so if he wants to go the kickstarter route then great or if investors would like to finance development that would also be dandy.

I think you few fail to understand the scope of everything as you've never been in a position to know what is going on with development and what all goes in to it. I've done developer work on Wurm and fully understand all the factors you must include and figure in but I digress.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Played the game early on, actually really like it. Clunky, laggy, bugged...but fun as hell. The main reason I stopped playing was lack of real motivation to do stuff. What the game needed (and may still need) is something to battle against or a goal to aim towards. The only real threat when I was playing was other players who were bored and decided to screw with other players. The game needed some major common enemy, like zombie armies or more wild animals or something, but when I played it was pretty much just a building and crafting game (which I completely loved, that isn't a negative).

Give the game a bit more polish and some form of danger and the game would be very enjoyable. I will be checking out the trial server again to see how things are now.

Originally posted by nkitz

As I said before, you don't have to participate and those that do are perfectly able to make their own minds and are not sheeple. You bought a game and you were promised this and that but he didn't give you a timeline or set date either, so you have to understand that a small team like that and development is going to be slow as things take different amounts of time. You keep trying to make that decision and to convince people otherwise. Yes, you paid for the game and no one is telling you to kick in a dime of money and why you keep complaining about it as if someone is twisting your arm, making you kick in some money is beyond me. If kickstarter does well then you wont have anything to complain about and if it doesn't then you'll continue on as you are right now.

It's best just to click block above hancakes and this ones name and just ignore their posts. The game as Hodo said has come a long way in just a year and he's been working hard on it as Fatboy said. As I have said in a previous post, the game development is going as fast as it can because of the playerbase for sandbox mmo games. The playerbase is not the largest by any means and telling a developer to just stick with account sales and continue development with server cost and staff pay on that doesn't make good sense when there are options out there for the developer to tap for funds to speed up the development process. You are no authority on finance and you probably have someone else do your taxes, maybe even your bills but there are costs that are factored in along with development and I'm sure the server bill comes first. Whatever may be left over from all the operating costs could very well not even buy a few hours of dev time for another programmer or artist, so if he wants to go the kickstarter route then great or if investors would like to finance development that would also be dandy.

I think you few fail to understand the scope of everything as you've never been in a position to know what is going on with development and what all goes in to it. I've done developer work on Wurm and fully understand all the factors you must include and figure in but I digress.

I don't fail to understand anything. He sold a game that was YEARS away from completion and it failed. He's now asking for MORE money to "kickstart" a game that was ALREADY SOLD.

That sir, is a scam.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Zekiah

I don't fail to understand anything. He sold a game that was YEARS away from completion and it failed. He's now asking for MORE money to "kickstart" a game that was ALREADY SOLD.

That sir, is a scam.

It didn't fail, it's still in development as are many other sandbox mmo games. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

That sir, is a scam.

It didn't fail, it's still in development as are many other sandbox mmo games. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

They're asking for "kickstarter" money TWO YEARS after charging customers for the game upon release! They've had TWO YEARS to deliver on their promises and have not done that. That is the definition of fail!

Lol. You've taken the definition of fanboi to a whole new level.

That is not the definition of fail but "Still in development" :P

Wurm has been in development for 8 years and it's no where near complete even though you could say certain parts are but a true sandbox mmo is never finished as there is always something you can add to the game. I'm not wasting anymore of my time trying to explain to you what a sandbox is and what kickstarter does for small game companies, so I'll just block your posts. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Ignore hancakes, he fails to understand a sandbox concept and what gameplay that brings. It's what you shape and mold it to be, no hand holding questfest here.

Funny ...I had no problem grasping the concept of games like Ultima Online, Shadowbane and Darkfall. I also dont remember any questing or handholding. image

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107

I don't respect, nor ever will, gamers who throw good money after bad supporting these incompetent game developers who continue to string people along for years with a shiny, gold carrot.

It's bad for the industry. It's bad for gamers. Period.

This is really all there is to say. He's gone from stringing people along with "upcoming content" to stringing people along with "upcoming ability to produce content" with this incredibly naive Kickstarter idea (protip: Kickstarter probably won't accept his project).

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I think we need to give credit to where it is due - at least it ain't Mortals Online :P

To be quite honest between the 2 I would much rather play Xsyon - at least it ain't 100% broken, lol.

Only Mortals Online would I truly consider bad and failed. Sandbox like Xsyon or Darkfall 1.0 I would consider "trying" and sandbox like EVE Online I would consider a "success"

Originally posted by Mirokata

I don't respect, nor ever will, gamers who throw good money after bad supporting these incompetent game developers who continue to string people along for years with a shiny, gold carrot.

It's bad for the industry. It's bad for gamers. Period.

This is really all there is to say. He's gone from stringing people along with "upcoming content" to stringing people along with "upcoming ability to produce content" with this incredibly naive Kickstarter idea (protip: Kickstarter probably won't accept his project).

If they do accept it, we'll know just how far gone the industry really is.

Actually, Reading Mirokatas posting history, iLLmaculate  <--- did buy the game, However the most tribe was banned from the game, and since has held a grudge and continued to harrass it.  Tribes name was 420. The was banned before launch, Thus they dont know how the game is, they just hate it and continue to harrass it. i do not troll fourms, However i am sick of every thread made about xsyon any and all new folks that ask questions about it are given false answer's and  trolled. This is harrassment and will end. :-)
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    Actually, Reading Mirokatas posting history, iLLmaculate  <--- did buy the game, However the most tribe was banned from the game, and since has held a grudge and continued to harrass it.  Tribes name was 420. The was banned before launch, Thus they dont know how the game is, they just hate it and continue to harrass it. i do not troll fourms, However i am sick of every thread made about xsyon any and all new folks that ask questions about it are given false answer's and  trolled. This is harrassment and will end. :-)

Ahh, the way you wrote that I thought you meant my account. No clue about his but I indeed did pay for that game, sad to say.

It really doesn't matter at this point anyway, Xsyon is well beyond the resurrection point. It's toast.

There is a difference in sharing your opinion and harrasing all threads created related to xsyon.  Every post ive seen about xsyon, generally follows with a troll the tears it down.  Sure we all have different views where want the game to be, However harrassing every single thread about it, Yea thats beyond *expressing your views*.
    There is a difference in sharing your opinion and harrasing all threads created related to xsyon.  Every post ive seen about xsyon, generally follows with a troll the tears it down.  Sure we all have different views where want the game to be, However harrassing every single thread about it, Yea thats beyond *expressing your views*.

Hey listen man, I paid $39.99 so I have every right to voice my opinions about the game. Wanna know why these threads turn out like that? Because others like me feel we got jobbed... and we did. And now Jordi wants to "kickstart" a product that we already paid for?

That's a scam man, regardless of whether you can see it or not, it's a scam.

Ahh, the way you wrote that I thought you meant my account. No clue about his but I indeed did pay for that game, sad to say.

It really doesn't matter at this point anyway, Xsyon is well beyond the resurrection point. It's toast.

its not beyond the ressurection point. Anygame can come back swining. Since launch alot of stuff has happend behind the scenes. Kickstarters whole point is to get a team together to get content to the game to try n repaidly get it where its suppose to be. Sure hes hired devs int he past, but things didnt work out the way they was suppose to. the game has a ton of potential, and i dont see jordi giving up anytime soon. Hell, not sure if you know of this game, Requiem this free to play game, was suppose to be dead 3 years ago, Yet its still alive and kicking and the content, you think xsyons major content patchs are slow,  it takes them 2 1/2 years to get out a new cap raise and a few mounts, Atleast with xsyon there has been a ton of changes since launch.

Bottom line... Xsyon is still half a sandbox

Hey listen man, I paid $39.99 so I have every right to voice my opinions about the game. Wanna know why these threads turn out like that? Because others like me feel we got jobbed... and we did. And now Jordi wants to "kickstart" a product that we already paid for?

i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state, Not yours ethier. He has hired devs in the past, However they didnt do the job they was paid for. Costing him to get so far behind because he had to redo there work. Generally hes been solo trying to get the game where it needs to be, Most of this game since its creations has been funded out of his pocket.  Kickstarter is to give him enough money to get a new dev team cept this time a better one who actually does there JOB. im sure you know how it feels, when you go to work and you see a co worker slacking and in the end there tasks are all left on you, It really sucks 

i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state, Not yours ethier. He has hired devs in the past, However they didnt do the job they was paid for. Costing him to get so far behind because he had to redo there work. Generally hes been solo trying to get the game where it needs to be, Most of this game since its creations has been funded out of his pocket.  Kickstarter is to give him enough money to get a new dev team cept this time a better one who actually does there JOB. im sure you know how it feels, when you go to work and you see a co worker slacking and in the end there tasks are all left on you, It really sucks 

When you hire someone, you are responsible for the job that person does or does not do. Just because he hired incompetent designers doesn't mean he's not responsible, it means he was incompetent in hiring competent people.

i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state,

Give me a break!!! Its 100% his fault: from the crap code to having no vision.  Two years later: combat is still a desynced afterthought and the game is still a buliding sim.
    you and i both know, someone could have the best resume ever, then ya hire them and then they dont do there jobs. It happens all the time everywhere.   Pretty often in mmos,  hell,  the shop my uncle works at, they hired this mechanic who was supposivly the best at wat he did,  They all bragged about him, after bout a month withem he got canned, he cost the company too much money and caused too many mistakes. These days people will lie ont here resumes to get a job, Cant really find out forsure if there telling the truth without a backround check and even then those cost money,  So its a really crappy boat to get tossed in
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I'm going to keep playing themeparks casually until some of the upcoming sandbox releases hit the market.  The Repopulation, Greed Monger, Black Desert and ArcheAge all have me pretty excited.

Xsyon was a little too clunky for me, and I love WURM if that says anything.

Joined - July 2004

i can understand your frustations, However,  its not his fault the game is in its state,

Give me a break!!! Its 100% his fault: from the crap code to having no vision.

So, do you know how to code? Obviously his vision is not one that you agree with, great, last time i check theres other sandboxs you can play, Let me guess there vision didnt agree with ya ethier, So mr, visionary, Wats your vision?