Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta say i am hooked

Comments

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    Originally posted by nkitz
    I'm hoping with kickstarter the pace changes at which development goes. It should help immensely I would think.

Kickstarter? The game has been out for two years!

They've had plenty of opportunity to fix the game but they're just flat out slow and incompetent. Any cash thrown their way would be a waste.

I know of games that have been out a lot longer and they just gradually go along adding stuff here and there, never really getting stuff added but yet people still play them and have grown to expect as much from them over the years. I would rather see him look for investors or try kickstarter than just do like other games on the market who are perfectly content with putting a carrot on a stick and dangling it in our faces.

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

imo thye got way over their heads .

I played the betas and was soo exited ....but on release

the 5 days server meltdowns  newbie  area insta ganking

bug ridden  , shit tons of rollbacks  , envirement rape (paving roads  over the lands been called by a player  taking an active role -.-)

"ELITE GUILDS"'  getting delusional thinking they have the right to shape the game to their likings

oh boy i could go on and on

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm hoping with kickstarter the pace changes at which development goes. It should help immensely I would think.

Kickstarter? The game has been out for two years!

They've had plenty of opportunity to fix the game but they're just flat out slow and incompetent. Any cash thrown their way would be a waste.

I know of games that have been out a lot longer and they just gradually go along adding stuff here and there, never really getting stuff added but yet people still play them and have grown to expect as much from them over the years. I would rather see him look for investors or try kickstarter than just do like other games on the market who are perfectly content with putting a carrot on a stick and dangling it in our faces.

Jordi can do whatever he wants but I've never seen a slower, less competent MMO company. They've had TWO YEARS to right that sinking ship so to hope that somehow things will get better now is just a pipe dream. Nothing more.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Xsyon would be the best sandbox MMO out there and there isn't really anything wrong with the game. Combat needs work but if you only judge games by combat just go back to these single player action advertures they are calling MMOs.

All Xsyon needs is more people playing a true MMO. Has more features now than anything out there and not all the featrues are in the game yet.

Its nothing more than "Bob The Builder Online",  its all rather pointless.  Are you referring to Xsyon as a true MMO? Because it had plenty of people, but they all left for the same glaring  issues Xsyon has today.

It is a true MMO because you play the way you want in a perssistant world. MMOs are not single player action adventures. It it still needs work but it has more features than anything else we have seen in 10yrs. Of course casuals would not want to play the game but than again casual MMO player is a oxymoron anyway.

If the community isn't going to support true MMOs there is no hope. You got Xsyon and Pathfinder Online or we continue to get what they are giving us not even worth the box price.

Xsyon would be the best sandbox MMO out there and there isn't really anything wrong with the game. Combat needs work but if you only judge games by combat just go back to these single player action advertures they are calling MMOs.

All Xsyon needs is more people playing a true MMO. Has more features now than anything out there and not all the featrues are in the game yet.

Its nothing more than "Bob The Builder Online",  its all rather pointless.  Are you referring to Xsyon as a true MMO? Because it had plenty of people, but they all left for the same glaring  issues Xsyon has today.

If the community isn't going to support true MMOs there is no hope.

People like myself supported this game TWO YEARS ago. I'd rather not add more deck chairs to that sinking ship, thank you. 

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Pumuckl71

imo thye got way over their heads .

I played the betas and was soo exited ....but on release

the 5 days server meltdowns  newbie  area insta ganking

bug ridden  , shit tons of rollbacks  , envirement rape (paving roads  over the lands been called by a player  taking an active role -.-)

"ELITE GUILDS"'  getting delusional thinking they have the right to shape the game to their likings

oh boy i could go on and on

That is all over and done with.

People like myself supported this game TWO YEARS ago. I'd rather not add more deck chairs to that sinking ship, thank you. 

No one is asking you to, If others want to then respect it.

I don't respect, nor ever will, gamers who throw good money after bad supporting these incompetent game developers who continue to string people along for years with a shiny, gold carrot.

It's bad for the industry. It's bad for gamers. Period.

I don't respect, nor ever will, gamers who throw good money after bad supporting these incompetent game developers who continue to string people along for years with a shiny, gold carrot.

Your opinion. I think raising enough money through kickstarter is better than continuing on as they have been and not trying to get funds by way of investors or kickstarter. More funds would bring in more developers which would mean faster feature implementation.

Your opinion. I think raising enough money through kickstarter is better than continuing on as they have been and not trying to get funds by way of investors or kickstarter. More funds would bring in more developers which would mean faster feature implementation.

They already raised money and it didn't work the first time! Like I said, throwing good money after bad. They have absolutely NO proven track record of delivering on their promises, let alone in a reasonable time frame.

It's this kind of string-a-long mindset that has helped wrecked this industry in the first place.

When did they raise money to begin with? I've been playing the game for a very long time and they never raised money before for development.

What industry? Are you talking about sandbox mmo's? I can name quite a few that are far worse and string along the playerbase when I haven't really seen that here. I can name games and show you countless posts by devs on promised updates that will never come including screen shots. I've never seen Jordi put a date on anything as you never know what you are going to run in to or how long it may take. I can name a few devs from other games that give timelines all the time and post screen shots of things to come and 6 years later I never did see any of it.

When did they raise money to begin with? I've been playing the game for a very long time and they never raised money before for development.

Um, right about the time that people paid for the game, ie, $39.99.

What industry? Are you talking about sandbox mmo's? I can name quite a few that are far worse and string along the playerbase when I haven't really seen that here. I can name games and show you countless posts by devs on promised updates that will never come including screen shots. I've never seen Jordi put a date on anything as you never know what you are going to run in to or how long it may take. I can name a few devs from other games that give timelines all the time and post screen shots of things to come and 6 years later I never did see any of it.

Then by all means, hand over more cash. Perhaps in another two years or so, and more of your cash, they'll finally fix the game.

Ah ok, what you just mentioned is people paying for the game not raising money for development through investors or kickstarter. Raising money through investors and kickstarter is a whole different animal than relying on sales of the game as with a lot of sandbox mmo's that usually doesn't work as the market for these types of games is very small. Lets use Wurm for instance, 3-5k player base and yet Rolf hasn't really gone far with the game or done all the things he promised years prior, even animations were shown and told a year prior they would be in at such and such date, of course that has been pushed back and more screen shots posted with nothing to show for it in game. This is what we like to call dangling a carrot on a stick just to get more players pumping money in to the game with no real work coming from it. Now Rolf has relied on his playerbase for a very long time and after 8 years of the game being on the market very little has really changed over the years and that has a lot to do with relying on a small market playerbase that is the sandbox mmo market.

If Jordi doesn't want to go down that road of relying on sales and after maybe 4-6 years of that we finally see progress then I give him props for trying anything and everything to spare his customer base that long drawn out process of relying on customer sales and monthly subs when you know for a fact it's a slow process when it comes to the sandbox mmo market. If things go as planned for kickstarter then I'm sure you and I will have everything we wanted out of the game. I would much rather have him try than do the same failed practices as so many other sandbox mmo's on the market, atleast he's trying all options.

Waiting on the "yeah, well it's been two years post".

Ah ok, what you just mentioned is people paying for the game not raising money for development through investors or kickstarter. 

The game has not stopped being in development.

It was back then. It was when it was sold. And it is now.

Ah ok, what you just mentioned is people paying for the game not raising money for development through investors or kickstarter. 

lol gratz on picking out one thing and commenting on it.

Yeah, yeah. Every sandbox mmo I know of is always in development, if they didn't stay in development they wouldn't have anything to keep people interested.

Next short witty reponse.

lol gratz on picking out one thing and commenting on it.

Yeah, yeah. Every sandbox mmo I know of is always in development, if they didn't stay in development they wouldn't have anything to keep people interested.

You want to support a "kickstarter" project for a product that's already been SOLD to consumers.

If you can't see the absolute absurdity in that mindset, there's really nothing more we can discuss. It's irrational and detrimental to the gaming industry to support such a scam.

• SabbathSMCSabbathSMC Member Posts: 226

I bought this game 2 years ago infact bought 2 accounts and gave one away to a friend.

It really has some great sandbox ideas. moveable terrain, the crafting is pretty good. Its comparable to Wurm online.

The thing is there is really nothing to do once you get a settlement built up. Sure they have added decay now and added more wildlife and some other things to kill, but is that really enough to keep you interested for 6 months?  I dont think so.

Is it worth the money? well thats up to you. If your a person who buys games plays for a few months or even 30 days then sure its not bad and you will have fun. But it needs more to keep people interested for any length of time.

But if you like Wurm online, your probably going to like Xyson.

played M59,UO,lineage,EQ,Daoc,Entropia,SWG,Horizons,Lineage2.EQ2,Vangaurd,Irth online, DarkFall,Star Trek
    and many others that did not make the cut or i just plain forgetting about.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Thats the concept you fail to grasp, a GOOD sandbox doesnt need further development.  Xsyon is half a sandbox, that why people get bored in a matter of weeks.

• natonnnatonn Member UncommonPosts: 21

I would agree with SabbathSMC.  If you like Wurm you'll like Xsyon.  If you're looking for something that requires a little personal RP (roleplay) then you'll like Xsyon. The game doesn't focus on telling you what to do. If you find it exciting to run around building things and then moving on - Go have fun!  If you need something that is going to map out how you play and what to do with your time... I'm sure you can find a Clan Leader who will do just that lol.

I have to disagree with the comment about this not keeping someone interested for 6 months. There are a handful of games out there that only have building elements. It's really about the following statement about price. If it's worth it to you then get it. Same thing applies to the 6 months statement. If this is a game you like... for what it is - then you'll stay interested for more than 6 months. If it's not - then follow the Kickstarter and see if you want to join in in getting the game to the next level.

Originally posted by natonn

I would agree with SabbathSMC.  If you like Wurm you'll like Xsyon.  If you're looking for something that requires a little personal RP (roleplay) then you'll like Xsyon. The game doesn't focus on telling you what to do. If you find it exciting to run around building things and then moving on -

I have to disagree with the comment about this not keeping someone interested for 6 months. There are a handful of games out there that only have building elements. It's really about the following statement about price. If it's worth it to you then get it. Same thing applies to the 6 months statement. If this is a game you like... for what it is - then you'll stay interested for more than 6 months. If it's not - then follow the Kickstarter and see if you want to join in in getting the game to the next level.

Unless you are into building things just for fun, this game WONT keep your interest for over 6 weeks, let alone 6 months.

I would agree with SabbathSMC.  If you like Wurm you'll like Xsyon.  If you're looking for something that requires a little personal RP (roleplay) then you'll like Xsyon. The game doesn't focus on telling you what to do. If you find it exciting to run around building things and then moving on -

Unless you are into building things just for fun, this game WONT keep your interest for over 6 weeks, let alone 6 months.

I respect your opinion :) I believe there are more aspects to this game then just building.  Yes that seems to be the primary aspect but not the only.  

The game is most definitely a niche game and isn't for everyone. It seems you fall outside of that niche market.

I respect your opinion :) I believe there are more aspects to this game then just building.  Yes that seems to be the primary aspect but not the only.  

The game is most definitely a niche game and isn't for everyone. It seems you fall outside of that niche market.

So please enlighten me into the specfics that aren't  just building/crafting ?  What niche is Xsyon catering to? 

I also find it ironic you were peddling the same crap back in Sept.

General Discussion « Xsyon

9/02/12 5:14:21 PM

"Now is a great time to get in. MrDDT posted what is being planned. He neglected to mention that NG is also starting a kickstarter program so that they can hire additional Devs. I'm pretty excited about that and think things will really start moving in the next few months." http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5268640#5268640

Please...Its going on TWO YEARS!

Do you have any idea how much money Jordi made at the release of Xsyon? I promise any money made during the "kickstart" will go right back into his pockets.

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

So please enlighten me into the specfics that aren't  just building/crafting ?  What niche is Xsyon catering to? 

I was actually playing it few months backs, met a group of couple who supported the game since day 1, i joined their tribe, settled somewhere in the center of the map~

one day i decided to travel, to see the world, so i took, no sh*t, 2-3 hours, climbing across mountains, every now and then i had to find water  to drink and fishing to eat, before i reached green mist, i thought no one could be here, then i saw a hut, and there was a dude scavenging and lumberjacking.. damn, i was thrilled to see ppl.

there was no detail map guides me, i just walk to where there's possible route, and i saw lot of crazy structure at lot of random places.. i was lost, but i kept on going.. so it took me 2-3 hours get to point B, and took me another 2-3 hours to get back to the camp, but obviously i lost again, dont even know where's my tribe, only thing tells me is the grid numbers.

this games has a very nice exploring feels to it. i really liked it. but again, lack of pve content droves me insane, but i liked the game. 

I also find it ironic you were peddling the same crap back in Sept.

General Discussion « Xsyon

9/02/12 5:14:21 PM

"Now is a great time to get in. MrDDT posted what is being planned. He neglected to mention that NG is also starting a kickstarter program so that they can hire additional Devs. I'm pretty excited about that and think things will really start moving in the next few months." http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5268640#5268640

Please...Its going on TWO YEARS!

Do you have any idea how much money Jordi made at the release of Xsyon? I promise any money made during the "kickstart" will go right back into his pockets.

I get it , you're emotional about the subject. You have the right to be upset ... hurt even. Xsyon has promised a lot of things out of the gate and they didn't happen. You've obviously made the choice to stop playing and remain a little scarred over the subject. I on the other hand am not. I'm optimistic about the entire thing. Has it been slow? Yup. Should it have been quicker? Yup.  Does it suck that I'm not rich? Ya. Oh well, you choose to move on or not.

So what else is there to do in Xsyon!?

As previously mentioned - Terraforming and Building. Yes you can do that over and over again. If you've played minecraft since the start you'll remember when that was about all you could do... people played for a very long time before the updates came in with more stuff to do (yes they were much faster).

Hunting: You can hunt... YOU CAN HUNT! Yes, you might not find people who want to buy your crap and if you're a master hunter you still might not find people to buy your stuff. This is where RP comes into play.

Exploration: Do you like to explore? Well you can do that as well. Would I personally recommend playing the game just for that? Nope, but it is your choice!

Helping: Do you play games to help people out and interact? Well you can do that as well! Go on hunting parties, help tribes build large structures... there are many things out there and if you have a rep of not ganking everything in site - you'll find work. (this is another RP thing).

Crafting: You can craft, YOU CAN CRAFT. Maybe you dont craft the best stuff, but you can still trade your goods. There's always someone about who needs something. Yes most every Xsyon player wants to be able to do everything theirselves... but it's just not that easy. -- Are there downfalls to crafting in the eyes of others? Yup! There is no such thing as a perfect system and Xsyon is making efforts to do what they can.

Are there other things to do? Ya there are. Am I going to list every single thing for the above poster? Na, you can view it on their website. You can also checkout their kickstarter to see what things are in game and what is planned. YES I know, a lot was promised at release - as I understand it... Xsyon ran out of his own personally invested money... it happens... it sucks.

So - Am I saying go out and play? Na. I am saying that I like the game for what it is and I will like it even more for what it will become.

Oh I forgot - What Niche Market? As I gather the market is the true sandboxer. Someone who wants to do things just to do them. To make something their own. To play the game the way they want to. Yes yes yes Hancakes there are things not in the game yet... that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it if you really REALLY fall into that group.

Thanks for reading!