Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta say i am hooked

muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

Well I tested out the trial server for a few days, and I just bought the game today, have to say its satisfying my sandbox itch :) minecraft with better graphics / depth.  If they keep adding content they will probably draw in more players.

I havent even scratched the surface but hopefully they have / will add the ability for players to construct very large buildings.

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Mirokata
    [mod edit]

Seriously? Is it that bad? I was thinking of trying but if it is like you say............. i will not waste the time.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Onomas
    [mod edit]

Seriously? Is it that bad? I was thinking of trying but if it is like you say............. i will not waste the time.

There's a free to play server. no restrictions but the content is wiped every Monday. No reason not to get into that and give it a go.

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    [mod edit]

Ouch.. I apologise for liking the game. I wont mention it again.

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

[mod edit]

Originally posted by CNUChavez

[mod edit]

you responded to my thread trying to mock me because I said i like the game.  No need to be a jerk =/

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    [mod edit]

it's ok.  if they improved combat it would be alot better.  i played for about 2 months (6 months ago) and have nevver killed a mob.  if a Rabbit attacks you,   you die.  Bear,  dead.  Deer,  death.  i can build a nice shack to live in but somehow i can't kill any wildlife. 

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69
    Creature AI was worked on a few months ago and there are a lot more creatures. You will need the skill, stats, and gear to kill the larger game and small at lower stat/skill level.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Yeah that game is (coud be) awesome. . I was hooked for about a month and a half because I ran solo. . if you are in a group it would likely last less time. 

They are adding to the game but the pace of development is sooooo slow.  They just didn't keep enough subs to keep the development progressing quickly. . which meant less subs etc. etc.

I still think for the price the game is worth the month or so that I played.  I kept hoping that they would add enough stuff that I could go back for a few months. .and it is almost at the point.  But then I would imagine I would be gone for a year or so.  the exploration and setting up is awesome.  They have a great start - it just needs to be continued.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

We get what you're saying, but the tone was "asshattish". That reply even more so.

• EvilskeyEvilskey Member Posts: 16
    O[mod edit]

you responded to my thread trying to mock me because I said i like the game.  No need to be a jerk =/

[mod edit]  if you enjoy playing the game, play it till the brakes fall off. I'm glad you found something you enjoy. I remember way back when Adam Tingle did his Survivor Guy series on it. I thought it sounded fairly interesting at the time but I was too busy to play. I actually forgot about it till this post. I think I'll give it a try now. Cheers.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i tryed the game long long ago....can u tell when what is changed? is it more stable? when i played it long ago i found it to be way way way to hard to get certain things...
    The lag issues that plagued the game during the initial launch was solved a very long time ago. A lot of new stuff has been added since then, the best thing I can tell you to do is log on trial and give it a try.
    Originally posted by nkitz
    The lag issues that plagued the game during the initial launch was solved a very long time ago. A lot of new stuff has been added since then, the best thing I can tell you to do is log on trial and give it a try.

What is "a lot of new stuff"?  I know they added carts.  I am guessing some recipies as well.  Totem decay is in as well, but is there anyting else major?  Just wondering.  I will likely go ahead on the trial server and check but I think it is wiped regularly right?

• nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89

Hi, yes every week it is wiped all new data afaik.

about news I think it is betterto read the patch notes on their forum, they added revenants, and improved Ai adding animal migration . Also now if you attack a pack of rabbits only one will face you back hehe.

*snip
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

What is "a lot of new stuff"?  I know they added carts.  I am guessing some recipies as well.  Totem decay is in as well, but is there anyting else major?  Just wondering.  I will likely go ahead on the trial server and check but I think it is wiped regularly right?

It is wiped every Monday, so tomorrow would be your best time to get on trial after the wipe. The trial is a exact copy of data from the main server.

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

It is wiped every Monday, so tomorrow would be your best time to get on trial after the wipe. The trial is a exact copy of data from the main server.

Thanks both.

I will give it a shot again on Monday.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    The lag issues that plagued the game during the initial launch was solved a very long time ago.

It was "solved" because people stopped logging in, yet even with little server load Desync is still prevalent.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Xsyon would be the best sandbox MMO out there and there isn't really anything wrong with the game. Combat needs work but if you only judge games by combat just go back to these single player action advertures they are calling MMOs.

All Xsyon needs is more people playing a true MMO. Has more features now than anything out there and not all the featrues are in the game yet.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Xsyon would be the best sandbox MMO out there and there isn't really anything wrong with the game. Combat needs work but if you only judge games by combat just go back to these single player action advertures they are calling MMOs.

All Xsyon needs is more people playing a true MMO. Has more features now than anything out there and not all the featrues are in the game yet.

The problem isn't the tools or the world.  The problem is that once you have done a fair share of crafting and getting your home set up, there's no reason to keep playing.  There's no gameplay drivers.  No faction wars, no meaningful PvP or PvE to speak of, etc.

Right now it's a great little crafting simulator and that's about it.  They need to work on the "survival" side.  Making mean deer isn't the answer.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Its nothing more than "Bob The Builder Online",  its all rather pointless.  Are you referring to Xsyon as a true MMO? Because it had plenty of people, but they all left for the same glaring  issues Xsyon has today.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

The problem isn't the tools or the world.  The problem is that once you have done a fair share of crafting and getting your home set up, there's no reason to keep playing.  There's no gameplay drivers.  No faction wars, no meaningful PvP or PvE to speak of, etc.

Right now it's a great little crafting simulator and that's about it.  They need to work on the "survival" side.  Making mean deer isn't the answer.

I find a lot to keep me playing but there is a pve and community aspect in the game now. I would like to see more in the way of content like furniture and I know all of that is planned. The one thing I want the most is healing which is on this round of development, so it's not to far off and that will solve my complaint on down time during hunts, we find a ton to hunt.

Player count is up and I've said this before but I always see new names on the main server coming over from trial. I've done a good bit of recruiting and that keeps things busy in village and we always have projects going on. I guess it depends on what you want out of the game if you are going to enjoy it or not.

I have no issues with lag or dysync issues as pointed out. Must be his connection or he hasn't played in a very very long time. :)

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

realy ? are there more then 100 ppl  in  the map size of Brazil ?

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

I find a lot to keep me playing but there is a pve and community aspect in the game now. I would like to see more in the way of content like furniture and I know all of that is planned. The one thing I want the most is healing which is on this round of development, so it's not to far off and that will solve my complaint on down time during hunts, we find a ton to hunt.

Player count is up and I've said this before but I always see new names on the main server coming over from trial. I've done a good bit of recruiting and that keeps things busy in village and we always have projects going on. I guess it depends on what you want out of the game if you are going to enjoy it or not.

I have no issues with lag or dysync issues as ddt pointed out. Must be his connection :P

I guess I don't understand why the PvE sucks, for starters.  I get what you are saying above, but it's still just crafting.  Considering the story and setting of the game, why aren't there some roving mutants or other monsters running around?  Why not some NPC camps and caves and such to attack?  The trouble is that the game fails to have even basic MMO activities to do.  It's all very flat from a gameplay perspective.

I can understand the fun of the community aspects you are describing.  This is a huge reason I love sandbox games, but you can't go without the other side of that coin too if you want people to stick around.  There needs to be some kind of upward mobility for people to strive for and fight over. 

Originally the devs envisioned people having to fight each other over resources, but that didn't really ever work.  That can be part of it, but that probably isn't going ot excite people for the sole combat gameplay driver.

The other thing these guys really need to overcome is the amount of time development takes.  It's just forever.  You can't expect people to hang around for things that are on the development list when there's a good chance you won't see any of it for a year.

I hate to be negative, but not much has really changed since the last relaunch.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

I'm hoping with kickstarter the pace changes at which development goes. It should help immensely I would think.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm hoping with kickstarter the pace changes at which development goes. It should help immensely I would think.

Kickstarter? The game has been out for two years!

They've had plenty of opportunity to fix the game but they're just flat out slow and incompetent. Any cash thrown their way would be a waste.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky