Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Darkness 2013 or 2014?

Comments

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181
    having followed this since i heard about it a few years ago. i thought for the most part it might have been vapor ware as there was nothing released ever about it apart from CCP was looking at making it. Now they are starting to release some info in small amounts its good. I would love it if this did come out 2014 (dont see it happening 2013), but more than likely it will be 2015 or beyond.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    I have a feeling that this game won't see the light of day.

good one

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    They lost their way with Dust 514, once they shake that off they can focus on this title which will be doing well to come out by 2015.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    They have already officially announced that it will not come out this year or next year so that means 2015. I'm too lazy to source it but there's been multiple interviews just google it and you'll see. It does suck but at least this way we know that will get a finished product
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Yeah 2015-2017 seems like a safe bet. I'm a tad sad about it. Not sure if to go full emo or dump some sparkle dust on my face. I hope people are not expecting to play this game on a single/dual core laptop in the year 2017... because if you are...

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426
    Best bet i think is Nov in this current year... will be playing it when the bells and whistles of X-mas are taking us to ease the burden and giving up our bed bears.

It is a question of fangs.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    what the fekk is taking so long. daddy wants to play!
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    dubble post.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

2016 ! Coming soon !

Holding breath now.. 3...2...1..

• indomitusindomitus Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid
    Hopefully by 2014 once they realize the waiting catastrophe that is Dust 514 and spend the money to develop WOD.

Dust 514 never had any real potential in my opinion, it's just CCP wanting to get into the console market. On the other hand, WoD surely has potential and I hope they put serious work and resources in it. gogo EvE with fangs!

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39

Chris said at the most recent Fanfest won't be coming out 2013 or 2014 so 2015 it is at best. FYI

See here for details; http://www.wodnews.net/FAQWiki.aspx

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I won't worry about when this game will release, but will just be happy if / when it does..

CCP has to get this one right. Another DUST 514 showing would not be a good look for such a solid development studio such as CCP..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    The fact is that no-one not even CCP really knows.

Fixed

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Im counting on 2015 in all seriousness..yes I know..but 014 is way too close to even consider next year a possibility.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    This game wreaks of vaporware to me.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Viper482

YOU wreak of vaporware..
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Ticklepink
    Im counting on 2015 in all seriousness..yes I know..but 014 is way too close to even consider next year a possibility.

The people that think 2014 are on some serious drugs, there is no way in hell.

Even 2015 is a pipe dream, sorry.

Anyone who follows MMO's and their development knows the hype-train runs for a good two to three years.

The hype-train may start running in late 2014 or early 2015 but not before. So that puts a expected release date in 2016 at best, and more realistically probably 2017 or early to mid 2018. Thats right, about 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 years from now.

My hope is Q1 or Q2 2016, but I know thats a pipe dream.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ChthonChthon Member Posts: 7

Here's the most recent official information as far as I know. 

http://youtu.be/vxC8vX2zAgY?t=24m59s

It's real.  It's eventually coming but no way it'll be this year.  I doubt even in 2014.  Maybe Beta.

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46

it is vaporware they are to busy making other games than to worry about this one.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Yeah the 2013;ish date was before the EvE community flipped the collective shit and told CCP they rather play Space Invader... So CCP pulled the panic strap and everything got put on hold. Now that Eve is sort of floating again i guess work will continue.

i think 15-16 is a good solid bet right now (unless the EvE crowd flip their shit again)

This have been a good conversation

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Dward127

it is vaporware they are to busy making other games than to worry about this one.

Every bit of "information" they have shown are just graphical program demos. I think they just want people on the leash to buy their new titles, new titles not WOD. DUST from what I hear is not even half as good as Planetside 2 but CCP believes all their ideas are better than a WOD mmo. So they will go ahead and make their new EVE Valkerie project  and not put any resources into wod to make that. 

WOD would be an instant draw with a great IP I said, hell we all said a FPS mmo even a good one is going to be average at best probably a 200k sub game. DUST is not even good enough for that. They made World of Darkness vaporware so they could make the Spruce Goose of mmorpgs. 

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    I really have high hopes for a WoD MMO, especially given CCP's outside the box outlook on things. This game is moving as slow as the dead however, and while it may not see the light of day soon I think we can assume it will rise up eventually. I just wonder if CCP will carry over its blood thirsty mechanics from Eve into a 3D ground based game. Eve's crafting is to die for and is really one of the best ever, and the only one to survive the last decade, one could argue however that a modern day MMO could not have the same level of crafting as a fantasy or futuristic MMO because honestly no on in modern day (or even a near modern) setting is sitting around his/her room crafting clothes...they go to walmart or marc jacobs depending on the economic status, as much as I love crafting I just don't see it as integral an aspect of a real WoD based MMO... even if the idea of a CCP game without crafting would have some EVE die-hards turning in the graves.
  • SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Really hope they are making great progress on developing this game with a 2015 or so release.

However, I have a bad feeling this game will end up as vaporware.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by SlothnChunk

Really hope they are making great progress on developing this game with a 2015 or so release.

However, I have a bad feeling this game will end up as vaporware.

unlikely. know why ?

those walking-in-station character thingies...the station itself is crap but the character itself looks super realistic. I bet this is because they copy-pasted it from WoD which will have actual characters. I feel too much work went into those characters to be simply developed just to sit in one room in stations.

I think that's WoD tech right there...and I think WoD characters will look a lot like EVE ones look in station.

It's just a tech demo of the engine which they are planning to use for several games. Doesn't show any significant progress on WoD itself.

• KempestKempest Member Posts: 10
    change the topic to 2015 or 2016 ^^