Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The F2P didnt change anything for me

IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

I played at launch and three weeks from that until i just couldnt take it anymore.

Running around in a sterile world along a yellow pathjust isnt my view of an MMO,

so i unstalled before the month expired. As it went F2P now, i decided to try it again,

but no, it still a sterile game. It just doesnt matter that its F2P, that was never an issue for me.

Comments

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    so lol if f2p was not your problem than there was no point for you trying the game again in the first place . 
  • tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    so lol if f2p was not your problem than there was no point for you trying the game again in the first place . 

He had to come here and say something.. He's feeling extra cool now... Yeah, you're ma man!!!!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by lotaparty

Yeah, i don't understand the point of his post either other than to say "it sucks and it still sucks" i guess?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by IG-88

I played at launch and three weeks from that until i just couldnt take it anymore.

Running around in a sterile world along a yellow pathjust isnt my view of an MMO,

so i unstalled before the month expired. As it went F2P now, i decided to try it again,

but no, it still a sterile game. It just doesnt matter that its F2P, that was never an issue for me.

Ummm i didn't read anywhere that BW is overhauling the game completely. All they did was change the paying model. So you went in wth false and mis placed expectations. It is pretty much the same game from release.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Yah, it wasnt an issue for millions that left, F2P isnt designed to bring in new players (starting areas are mildly more filled than before F2P) or bring back old players (since what made them left havent been fixed, well, nothing really has been done) but to milk current subs as much as they can.

Its gonna be very short ride :)

• uncleFesteruncleFester Member Posts: 38
    I love the fanboys' compulsive need to defend TOR, even in a thread like this. Maybe he hasn't played the game in the 10 months since he stopped....playing it? I had no intention of continuing to play it and that didn't stop me from trying out the f2p either, because it's free. And he's absolutely right, not a single thing has been done since the game was release to improve the quality of it. If it didn't say Star Wars in the title it wouldn't have even lasted this long.
  • GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79

This game is still an epic failure. F2P is not the answer. Millions didnt leave because of sub model...they left because the game simply....sucks. That hasnt changed, and nothing indicates that will change for the foresable future.

Short of a complete shutdown and another company with brains into making an mmo with star wars....or they bring in people who know how to make MMOs and take a complete different direction with this game....then it still, and always will be a failure.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

People, people.  Please!

The poster played the game likely because it was a Star Wars game.

When EA failed miserably at running their own game and keeping up with what fans wanted, can you really blame anyone for leaving?

When a fan comes back months later, looking for a Star War game, and they don't find it, will you still blame the potential customer?  Hey new customers supported your new content every few months, even if it was re-released beta conetnt.  You should support them.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I played at launch and three weeks from that until i just couldnt take it anymore.Running around in a sterile world along a yellow pathjust isnt my view of an MMO,so i unstalled before the month expired. As it went F2P now, i decided to try it again,but no, it still a sterile game. It just doesnt matter that its F2P, that was never an issue for me. 

So now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by uncleFester
    I love the fanboys' compulsive need to defend TOR, even in a thread like this. Maybe he hasn't played the game in the 10 months since he stopped....playing it? I had no intention of continuing to play it and that didn't stop me from trying out the f2p either, because it's free. And he's absolutely right, not a single thing has been done since the game was release to improve the quality of it. If it didn't say Star Wars in the title it wouldn't have even lasted this long.

Maybe it is not fanboys but people thinking the thread is kind of a pointless troll. Plus there has been more than a single thing done. eg the ui, so basically you are talking shit.

• KertKert Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Thebigbopper

Maybe it is not fanboys but people thinking the thread is kind of a pointless troll. Plus there has been more than a single thing done. eg the ui, so basically you are talking shit.

Nice job on pointing out a basic feature that should never have even been left out of the launch version of the game. How do you launch a game with a completely static UI.... oh... wait... that part just fit right in with the rest of it... Nevermind.

He's completely correct, if this game was just a generic SyFy game with "lightswords" and "PizzatheHut" it would already be dead... errr... deader... Is that a word?

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

At least you could install the game, I have been downloading it now at speeds varying between 0 kb/s and 150 kb/s

So far it has been downloading for 16 hours and it still has 8GB to go, I have even downloaded two other entire games in that period.

Gave up bothering now so I will probably just delete it. I thought the game would be worth trying because I don't NEED to pay, I thought the game was OK first time around but didn't merit a sub, but any game that takes me over 24 hours to download isn't worth wasting my time on.

They could have at least streamlined the giant download in the last 12 months.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Ive been Playing it quite alot the last couple of days.

When Group content is happening, it really is quite fun.

Having said that, it is a very poor game from a conceptual point of view making me ponder how they could ever get away with trying compete with wow.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
  • IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Karteli

People, people.  Please!

The poster played the game likely because it was a Star Wars game.

When EA failed miserably at running their own game and keeping up with what fans wanted, can you really blame anyone for leaving?

When a fan comes back months later, looking for a Star War game, and they don't find it, will you still blame the potential customer?  Hey new customers supported your new content every few months, even if it was re-released beta conetnt.  You should support them.

Correct.

I havent played in 10 months but decided to give it at try when it went F2P.

But yes, my expectations WAS totally off.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Because it's not the same 10 to 20 people jumping all over it for anything they can in almost any thread created...?

:)

From expecting the whole game free, to wondering why they have to pay since they paid before, to thinking f2p was NGE or something.

These same people pretty much post in each tor bash thread, patting each other on the back.

The game isn't great, sure.  I enjoy it since I play it rather casual.  And it's SW.  I would just think all these people would have made their points but just have to repost one more time to make sure the others here who agree with them already...know it again.

Of course, claiming not a single thing has been done since launch to improve the game is extremely shortsighted and troll worthy.

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Swanea

Of course, claiming not a single thing has been done since launch to improve the game is extremely shortsighted and troll worthy.

I express my personal opinion about a game i have played, and im trolling? Just because i didnt drool all over it?

Get real and let people have their opinions.

• klerkenklerken Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Swanea

I express my personal opinion about a game i have played, and im trolling? Just because i didnt drool all over it?

Get real and let people have their opinions.

if you check the post he quoted i'm pretty sure he didn't mean you was trolling, but more likely the person claiming nothing has been done to improve the game, which if you have at least tested the game know they have, better responsiveness, better UI modification and some other things, whether it has been enough or should have been in at launch is up for discussion but claiming the game is the same mess it was 8 months ago, is trolling and nothing else.