Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ridiculous New Ascended Gear (pictures)

taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

So ANet has gone back on the promise they made, another one of the lies they told everyone incl. the Press before release. Blatant lies and missinformation was spread:

Colin Johanson

The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.

Mike O’Brien

Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games – we leave the grind to other MMOs.

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71383-solaria-circle-of-the-sun-infused

All known Rings so far: http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/rings

And since you probably say its photoshopped here are some chat links you can use IN THE GAME to see these items for yourself. There are a lot more, just look on the web.

just paste it in chat and click on it:

[&Ag-gkAAA]

This is an example how ridiculous the new gear is. Please note that this is before using the Infusion slow which adds even more stats and attributes (no name appears to be a bug in game) : 

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Comments

• stormannnnstormannnn Member Posts: 31

It is indeed unfortunate that GW2 went in this direction.. I mean, gear grinding is what makes most modern MMORPGs fun honestly, but the fun isn't in walking through an instanced area that everyone's seen a thousand times; the fun is in the way you go about it, and the people you do it with. With GW2, you can't really take that direction because you have at most maybe 8 skill choices? 5 of which are set in stone depending on your weapon choice? Add the fact that the dungeons are only a 5-man endevour, and you can guess where this game is headed.

On a side note - most people who play GW2 aren't 'gamers' they're just normal people looking to be entertained. Companies that make mmorpgs these days are looking to appease your average person, not gamers. Gamers are the people who actually love to play a game and be the best. They devote time to actually learn a game and take it seriously. I hope one day someone will make a game for the real gamers, and realize that it's not gonna be a money-maker but not every game has to be World of Warcrap.

Sorry about jacking your thread! <3

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I don't know where you picked this screenie from but it screams photoshop to me.
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by Raekon
    I don't know where you picked this screenie from but it screams photoshop to me.

Of cause it does, it's however real.

That ring you’re looking at is basically an ascended ring of divinity with a jewel of divinity fitted; no such thing exists in PvE, but that is fundamentally what you’re looking at in terms of stats and why it looks so OP.

The Facts about the Grind:

Do you realize how LONG it will take to get each piece of ascended gear? It takes ~2000 fractal tokens to get the stuff required to craft each piece. 1350 for the exo backpiece then 500 for the asc gift.

Guess the rate at which you get fractal tokens. 

5 tokens every room, with every room taking 15-30mins to complete.

PLUS running into an agony-wall gear-check that will force you to spend time looking for someone who can allow you to enter the lower levels again (i.e. a newcomer who hasn’t played the dungeon to death that you have to ‘carry’). We are talking DAYS/WEEKS of grinding for each ascended piece, as opposed to getting exos with the choice of your stats for 1-5g a peice from TP or crafting them (lvl a craft 0-400 in 1-2 hrs, and ur g2g).

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    What is the name of the item?

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Yea....kind of odd the name is missing.  Hmmmmm.......HMMMMMMM.  image

• Zarak11Zarak11 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Ascended

Originally posted by Raekon

And since you probably wont beleive me here are some chat links you can use IN THE GAME to see these items for yourself.

just paste it in chat and click on it:

[&Ag-gkAAA]

[&AgEJkQAwDZWd0+4GAADzMS7fZRcAAA==]

[&Agj-kAAA]

[&AgHwKAAA]

I guess the fanbois will still defend this, but it is quite obvious where the game is headed now.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Why is the name missing?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

No need to compare pics, they're here:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/rings

Originally posted by Corehaven

Yea....kind of odd the name is missing.  Hmmmmm.......HMMMMMMM.  image

Some of the items have no names yet, it seems this is a bug or the name is dynamically created, maybe they are not available yet. My bet is on a buggy item database.

I have posted links you can use in game to verify.

Originally posted by RizelStar

Why is the name missing?

Bug, no surprise there. Here is a link if you still think these are all fake...also use my in game links i posted.

• JeauseoffJeauseoff Member Posts: 36

Troll's Adobe Ring of Photoshop

XD

Originally posted by Jeauseoff

XD

Unfortunately you seem to be unable to click simple links or confirm in game yourself. Nice try my friend. This is real.

Originally posted by KhinRunite

No need to compare pics, they're here:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/rings

Oh okay, for a second I was confused by the picture lol.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Why is the name missing?

Bug, no surprise there. Here is a link if you still think these are all fake...also use my in game links i posted.

Oh nah I saw the white added to it, I was like WTF?

Oh okay, not that bad to [me] though *Shrugs*

• GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68
    In case you don't know, gw2db NEVER shows the real data of gw2 item before they are released, before the firsts legendary weapons appeared in the game, gw2db showed the legendary weapons with more than 10% increase in stats in comparison with exotic weapons, something that we know it's false. So, i will wait until we see the item in-game.
    Originally posted by Geobardi
    In case you don't know, gw2db NEVER shows the real data of gw2 item before they are released, before the firsts legendary weapons appeared in the game, gw2db showed the legendary weapons with more than 10% increase in stats in comparison with exotic weapons, something that we know it's false. So, i will wait until we see the item in-game.

Use the in game chat links i posted on first page

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Anet didnt lie, they are reacting to feedback from the players. There are a zillion of threads requesting something between legendary and exoctic on this forum.

Personally I think we will be able to get the ascended gear easier after a while, but exo gear is a bit too easy to get.

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

An MMO is realeasing new armor with better stats!

What dark sorcery is this??

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Zarak11

Ascended

Your's is one that is believable, the other that the OP is posting is some bullspit Photoshop affair.  In fact, your's is  an item posted directly from the developers from a real in-game item.  The OP's is a no-name junk that is posted on gw2db, a NON-OFFICAL WEBSITE to stir up things even more.  I spit on that bunk and shun it forever more!

Originally posted by Loke666

Anet didnt lie, they are reacting to feedback from the players. There are a zillion of threads requesting something between legendary and exoctic on this forum.

Personally I think we will be able to get the ascended gear easier after a while, but exo gear is a bit too easy to get.

This is pretty much what I think.

lol amatter of fact 10 dollars could prolly net you a lot exotic stuff from TP.

• GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Geobardi

Use the in game chat links i posted on first page

I used the game chat links, as i did with the unique weapons to know how they look before trying to make them in the mystic forge, and you should know that some of the unique weapons changed their stats when you actually craft them, that chat links are used to access stored data into the game item database, but it means nothing, because they are not implemented yet. Also, for the first ring you bring in the first message, i only see a ring with a lot of crappy stats, i prefer to keep my own jewelry and hunt for those rings only to participate in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, the only place where i will need to equip those, and only after some rounds when the Agony starts to be unbearable. Seriously, you people are starting to be irrational about the "gear threadmill" nonsense, i completed all the explorable dungeons dying only a few times with full rare equipment and you should know how bad it is compared with exotic...

In a game where it's much more important your skills over your stats, whining about gear that have 3% more stats is a bit ridiculous...

• JeauseoffJeauseoff Member Posts: 36

XD

Unfortunately you seem to be unable to click simple links or confirm in game yourself. Nice try my friend. This is real.

I was just messing w/ you because you seem REALLY wound up about this.  I checked all the links and read everything, but I can still have a sense of humor about a screenshot that seems really questionable, (not sayin it IS, it just SEEMS it .)

On topic - Despite the stats on these items nothing if final until later today when the items start showing up in game.  Show me THOSE screenies and tell me how OP; game-breaking; gear-grindy; etc. they are compared to the other gear. 

Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by Zarak11

Ascended

Your's is one that is believable, the other that the OP is posting is some bullspit Photoshop affair.  In fact, your's is  an item posted directly from the developers from a real in-game item.  The OP's is a no-name junk that is posted on gw2db, a NON-OFFICAL WEBSITE to stir up things even more.  I spit on that bunk and shun it forever more!

Now tell me again it is photoshopped.

XD

I was just messing w/ you because you seem REALLY wound up about this.  I checked all the links and read everything, but I can still have a sense of humor about a screenshot that seems really questionable, (not sayin it IS, it just SEEMS it .)

On topic - Despite the stats on these items nothing if final until later today when the items start showing up in game.  Show me THOSE screenies and tell me how OP; game-breaking; gear-grindy; etc. they are compared to the other gear. 

It's all good my friend.

I don't really care for the game at all, i am not even playing it part from taking advantage of the broken Economy and adding about 100 gold per week to my bank account by logging in about 15 minutes each day.

I have no intention to play any of the new content at all since i have no time to grind this new dungeon system like a mindless drone.

In any case, my job is done here. Information has been pased on, do with it whatever you please. I am out.

Enjoy your weekend