Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mega Super Ultra Servers

2»

Comments

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by mnwild1998
    It's always something.

Your right there is always something for the haters to bit!c# about. 

I wouldn't consider pointong out an untruth bitching, but whatever floats your boat.

Server are empty...servers are dying..game is failing

Servers are full..... why are they so full? BW fail... and so on.

Saying a server consolidation isn't actually a server consolidation because you are implementing unfillable Mega-Servers in anticipation of FTP and then having those "Mega-Servers" fill to capacity hours into the FTP launch is a double fail. Parse it however you want though.

*slams head on desk*

That was my point. *Slams Head On Desk*

When you reduce your servers down to 20 and say, "No worries, they are Mega-Servers. What's more we expect millions of FTP accounts" Yes, *Slam Head On Desk*

They are not Mega-Servers. They don't have to be because they don't expect millions of new FTP accounts. In fact they purposively created a FTP system so restrictive it guaranteed they wouldn't get many new FTP accounts.

Why wouldn't they want a LOTRO influx of new players, because those new players would demand new content FTP or not.

Better to fend of new FTP accounts with horrendus restrictions and add a cash shop to milk the remaining subscriber die-hards who won't demand new content at any industry comparable rate.

Why spend millions in creating new content when there are a few who will spend hundreds of dollars on reskinned gear and vanity items?

No my reaction was more to do with your un realistic expectations and 'unfiliable Mega Servers. That is the most stupid thing i have ever read.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    I'm guessing the concept of poetic license is lost on you.
    No i just don't indugle in exaggerations to make a point.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I never understood how a game like this with channels/zones/instances what ever you want to call them, can ever be full.
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

No my reaction was more to do with your un realistic expectations and 'unfiliable Mega Servers. That is the most stupid thing i have ever read.

I'm guessing the concept of poetic license is lost on you.

No i just don't indugle in exaggerations to make a point.

Well good to know you don't stand for exageration, especially considering you just had to suffer through "the most stupid thing I have ever read."

Indeed. Thanks for understanding.