Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to Play Restrictions list

1235»

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Pandas,...Its all about the pandas,....
  • zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53

Do people even know what free players serve as in a mmorpg. They are needed so that your servers actively have players online playing so that it wont feel like a dead server and that will cause more players to leave making it more dead. Aint that`s why the reason EA bring F2P in, because the population is getting real low that existing players have difficulty looking for other players whether PVE or PVP wise.

Then making ex-players (preferred status) still having limitations on credits / limit FP &OPs / UI block / Purple gear block are just going to make them give up the idea of coming back to this game.

Yes you are correct, free loader players have no right to complain or demand more should be given to them. But for them they can just leave and go to another True Free to Play MMO. The only damage is to your own server population, because you implement a F2P option yet the playerbase is still low, go ask yourself the reason why.

If you wanna generate revenue from free players via cashshop. sell NON game breaking functions/ vanity items in the cash shop.

Subscribers could even have the privillege of getting those items thru in-game credits and all functions unlocked. So you will entice both subscriber & free players.

if you make core gameplay so limiting, free players wont even bother staying around to buy your other vanity or convenience items.

Having less slots inventory wise or bank or cargohold is ok, but not totally having no slot.

Having a credits cap on free players is ok but on players who have payed real money?? (prefered status) and having such a low cap, how are they going to buy for example a cash shop item in the Auction (GTN) which i predict some will be more than 350k. 

Buy a function to equip purple items? WTF

Buy a function to have more quick slots? 2 x WTF

Later access to mount/sprint, higher vendor price, lower xp gain, longer travel cooldown are all valid as they belong to convenience catergory. So if you want convenience pay to your needs.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

that feature list doesnt include one of main points, you cannot choose ehalf quest rewards, completed only few quests but in all of them i was locked out of choosing certain items, one group quest locked me out of quest reward all together,

you already gimped in all those instance limits, and roll limits, now you cant choose certain rewards, or in some qeusts choose any rewards at all..

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I think the most funny thing would be if they left space missions on there for free to play!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Smikis
    that feature list doesnt include one of main points, you cannot choose ehalf quest rewards, completed only few quests but in all of them i was locked out of choosing certain items, one group quest locked me out of quest reward all together,you already gimped in all those instance limits, and roll limits, now you cant choose certain rewards, or in some qeusts choose any rewards at all..

Being locked out of 'premium' rewards has been done before. It's not really a new thing. Being locked out of all the rewards kind of blows though. There should always be a tier of rewards that free players can choose from, even if it's a lower tier than the paying players.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Z3R01
    Originally posted by mikahr Originally posted by Z3R01 I'm playing this game with my small son and we are level 30 atm and both of us unlocked speeder Section X, Titles, crew slot and inventory space all with in game credits while playing. 
    Really? With 250k credit limit?
    My limit is slightly higher since i owned the game on release. I believe its 350k

But on Shadow lands NA pve server I purchased Section X for 120k credits and some of the others around 200-250k.

I have a knack for making money in MMOs.

Oi! That's the server I'm on! I'll have to check the GTN to see if there's anything I can unlock.

:-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Oi! That's the server I'm on! I'll have to check the GTN to see if there's anything I can unlock.

:-)

And? What have you unlocked?