Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Curious if you should try SWToR F2P?

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member

Here's your answer:

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

Comments

• SzkieletorSzkieletor CracowPosts: 33Member

are you serious?

no crew skills in f2p ?

• ZaltarkZaltark Lockhart, TXPosts: 421Member

"and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

That signature told me all I need to know about playing EA games for free.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Posts: 1,276Member Uncommon

FTP don't even get game log in.........that is harsh

and counter productive.  You can have the content on your hard drive, but don't think about logging in. 

Only download for you.

• grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,874Member Uncommon

Oh noes!

Yes. we need another of these threads.

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    Originally posted by grimal

Oh noes!

Yes. we need another of these threads.

Did you happen to notice that I made this thread over 2 weeks ago? At the time, it wasn't "another one of  these threads".

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

• XerenixXerenix BPosts: 235Member
    Originally posted by Szkieletor

are you serious?

no crew skills in f2p ?

One crew skill per character.

Grey Triangle = Limited restriction 

Yellow Triangle with hollow middle = Some Restriction

Full yellow Triangle = No restriction

Should actually look into this page on the website as it has actual information about the restrictions unlike this picture.

Originally posted by Xerenix

are you serious?

no crew skills in f2p ?

Should actually look into this page on the website as it has actual information about the restrictions unlike this picture.

Yes.   The OP intentionally left out information tjhat actually explains the chart.

• nolic1nolic1 Kingman, AZPosts: 687Member Uncommon

Its better if you look at it for real this does not tell you everything it does not allow you to mouse over the icons that tell you what each thing means.

Also look here it is new stuff coming to Free To Play preffered status.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121204

And heres the link to the real matrix not just the copy of it.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

So take a look at the real matrix that way you can see the truth and not just a copy of the picture that only shows but does not tell you what the free to play options really mean.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Xerenix

are you serious?

no crew skills in f2p ?

Yes.   The OP intentionally left out information tjhat actually explains the chart.

I left nothing out. I posted it exactly as it is on their own page, link in my last post. Also, this thread was made over 2 damn weeks ago.

Incorrect.  On their page, when I mouse over the icons, it gives the detailed explanation.

On your post, when I mouse over, it does not give any information.  You also failed to include any footnote or reference to said icons to explain.

So, no, it is not exactly as it is on their page.

And really.  Please. Just. Stop.

• DraronDraron A town in, KYPosts: 993Member
    Not trying to say you left out anything OP, but lol at the icon for "Character Creation" being blank under the first two tiers.
  • VarossVaross Nortonville, KYPosts: 485Moderator Uncommon
    Please dont necro old threads.
This discussion has been closed.