Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transmutation Stones

Who's noticed that you can only transmute Heavy to Heavy, Medium to Medium, and Light to Light?

Well I have and it sucks (I want my guardian to have a bandana not a very stupid Fine Scale Helmet :) )

Comments

• blooddrawingblooddrawing Member Posts: 12

and here is the link to my helm, a link some may call The Missing Link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Worn_Scale_Helm

I'ts kind of like my suckish helm but mine is Fine and it is a Scale Helm, not a Worn Scale Helm

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    dumb question. what is the purpose of transmutation stones? I never figured that out... I have tons in my bank

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Tokken
    dumb question. what is the purpose of transmutation stones? I never figured that out... I have tons in my bank

Let's you combine the looks of one item with the stats of another. For example, you can have a really good looking helm but it's a level 10 one with low stats, and an exotic one with great stats but that looks bad or just doesn't look good with the rest of your armor, you can use a transmutation stone to get an item with the stats of the exotic one but that looks like the level 10 one.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    That makes sense. Thank you.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

it's so that casters cant wear heavy armor skins and warriors can use caster robes
    it's to preserve the identity of the different armor classes
    i'm sure you know that

transmutation stones are great items in teh game that lets you look the way you want only with armor class restrictions.

i remember the time when the transmutation stone feature was announced and the forum naysayers were all up and about with their pitchforks saying that it'll be a cash shop item only

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

i've never gotten it to work

i guess a "long" coat and a "short" one are not similar enough even though they are both light armor

haven't tried anything else as it is the only thing i've wanted to change - really hate the look of the short coat but gotta wear it

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Originally posted by Cheboygan

i guess a "long" coat and a "short" one are not similar enough even though they are both light armor

haven't tried anything else as it is the only thing i've wanted to change - really hate the look of the short coat but gotta wear it

Eh, you shouldn't have any problem with that.  Double click on the stone, drag both coats in there.  Now you have three selections.  The top selection is the look of the item. CLICK on the coat with the look you want.  The last 2 selections are stat and generally slot stats.  CLICK on the ones you want, then click transmute or something.

Originally posted by bansan

Eh, you shouldn't have any problem with that.  Double click on the stone, drag both coats in there.  Now you have three selections.  The top selection is the look of the item. CLICK on the coat with the look you want.  The last 2 selections are stat and generally slot stats.  CLICK on the ones you want, then click transmute or something.

haven't tried it for quite some time now - i'll give it another shot today - as i recall it is pretty obvious what you have to do but maybe a bit of sambuca during my gameplay had an effect on the results :0

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by bansan

haven't tried it for quite some time now - i'll give it another shot today - as i recall it is pretty obvious what you have to do but maybe a bit of sambuca during my gameplay had an effect on the results :0

Actually first time I tried one I couldn't make it work either, since the "transmute" button kept grayed out, I hadn't realized I had to actually click on which looks I wanted and which stats I wanted to use it... maybe I'm just dumber than the average bear.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by blooddrawing

Who's noticed that you can only transmute Heavy to Heavy, Medium to Medium, and Light to Light?

Well I have and it sucks (I want my guardian to have a bandana not a very stupid Fine Scale Helmet :) )

Always have been like that.

The purpose is to keep classes recognizable, so I know just by looking what they are what they could possibly do, mostly in PvP situations like WvW but also during PvE.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• blooddrawingblooddrawing Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by illyana

it's so that casters cant wear heavy armor skins and warriors can use caster robes

That's stupid :(

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Also remember anything level 80 needs "fine transmution stone". You can aquire those in BL chests, as zone completion rewards, or purchase them with gems @ BL trading. I my self have bought some with gems, but I've also gotten plenty as reward. The regular transmutation stones only do gear from 1-79, and they are also aquired the same way.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Google and youtube are your friend.

If you don't know something don't go away without the knowledge of something and stick your head in the sand and pretend you don't need to know the answer.  Man its stuff like this that really makes me upset, and how in the world can people who want an answer to something just stick their head in the sand and not look up the information on something.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

well for  me when i first started, i had not planned on using google for anything in this game

since then of course i've googled vistas and points of interest - just hadn't got back to playing with look/stats

and it also turns out the length of the coat depends on your pants, not your coat - weird