Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom has hired a merger firm to price Funcom.

13»

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by muffins89
    im curious as to why you think EA or Activision would be interested

Because Funcom are the best and most innovative game developers on the planet, also they have the best MMO engine ever developed.

AoC is great, TSW is even better, Anarchy Online was the best SciFi MMO ever and gets a graphic update soon.

I´d buy them if I were Activision.

Or even better DISNEY should buy them, and give them a liscense to make a Star Wars MMO

One day when watching The Universe on the history channel they were talking about alternate dimensions, and how there is infinate dimension with every possible thing imaginable. Please inform me how you have mastered inter-dimension travel as I despriatly want to travel to different dimensions as well. I know you must come from a different dimension because in this one , Funcom is as about as worthless as gum is on the bottom of your shoe.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

No they aren't selling. They are doing fine. Nevermind TSW failed horribly in sales according to Funcom themselves , I like the game thus everything is fine and /covers ear nahh nahh nahh nahh.

That about cover the head in sand crowd who refuses to see the writing on the wall for Funcom ?

I always found it odd how people here were saying how great TSW was doing and how it was the greatest game ever, yet Funcom themselves said the game fell almost 500k sales short of expectations and they took a tremendous loss because of it....It sounded like Funcom was struggling before TSW launched and its failure was the final nail in the coffin......I think I'd look more at hiring some of the people Funcom had working on its games, but not sure I'd want any of its games....IMO AO was a great game but is horribly out of date for being competitive in 2012 and beyond.....The mistake Funcom made was never making AO 2.0 which with a nice graphiscs upgrade to the first would have probably have been a big hit.....AoC was all hype and no substance and TSW was just plain bad.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by toddze

Because Funcom are the best and most innovative game developers on the planet, also they have the best MMO engine ever developed.

AoC is great, TSW is even better, Anarchy Online was the best SciFi MMO ever and gets a graphic update soon.

Or even better DISNEY should buy them, and give them a liscense to make a Star Wars MMO

One day when watching The Universe on the history channel they were talking about alternate dimensions, and how there is infinate dimension with every possible thing imaginable. Please inform me how you have mastered inter-dimension travel as I despriatly want to travel to different dimensions as well. I know you must come from a different dimension because in this one , Funcom is as about as worthless as gum is on the bottom of your shoe.

Thats your opinion. IMO Funcom and Trion are the only AAA mmo devs currently moving away from pure themepark mmos. In tsw they are adding more rp stuff, open world lairs, skills wheel, new setting, and amazing stories. Trion is adding more open world events, rifts, housing, and more. So yes IMO Funcom is the best mmo dev currently. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Trion should buy them IMO. Or even ncsoft. But please no EA, Activision, or PWE.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Originally posted by toddze

Thats your opinion. IMO Funcom and Trion are the only AAA mmo devs currently moving away from pure themepark mmos. In tsw they are adding more rp stuff, open world lairs, skills wheel, new setting, and amazing stories. Trion is adding more open world events, rifts, housing, and more. So yes IMO Funcom is the best mmo dev currently. 

Oh they are moving away from MMO's in genral. Soon they might master the art of giving everyone their own instance! Then they might be able to pull off a good game like skyrim, where you really do have your own world to run around in. Funcom is a joke of an MMO developer. If you enjoy their online RPG's good for you. But a good MMO develpoer? Dont make me laugh to hard.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Really? Funcom is going on the auction block? First I have heard of this.

Funcom is my favorite MMO developer. They have a great MMO game engine with Dreamworld and  some great IP's. Funcom is the only major league MMO developer offering something like an alternative to the high fantasy, WoW template games we seem to be awash in.  I hope whoever buys them keeps the devs on because they have some vision and talent and the willingness to push the boundaries of current MMO fare. I haven't played AO or TSW, but I am a fan of AoC and I want to see it continue to expand and grow. Here is hoping all goes well if this sale rumor really comes to pass, and the buyer has lots of cash and are willing to put  some into Funcom's great MMO's !

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Sony have the best mmo engine
  • korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

Always makes me laugh when people bad-mouth Funcom.

They've been around forever. AO is *still* online. So is AoC. They made TSW. A very ambitious project considering the market's current trend towards WoW clones.

Say what you want, but these guys are making it happen. And every game they make, whether you like it or not, tries to do something a little different.

For that, I respect them.

How's the RPG gaming god, Bioware, doing? Oh yeah, the company co-founders quit this year..

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If perfect world bought them it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. They treat their western companies differently - look at runic, they have pretty much free reign. Also pw would be good for selling the game in Asia.

Ea would be much more interfering, its in their nature.
  • gamesrfungamesrfun Member Posts: 127

Complain all you want about the information that I have provided.

However, I have found out that EA has put in a provisional offer to buyout Funcom at approximately 2.20 NOK per share...or a solid 40% margin over existing trading cost.

My source has not given me any information with respect to the acceptability of this offer.

More to come.

P.S.: Buyout cost would be pegged at 37.5 million NOK.  I am not adjusting recent inflation in the global markets.

EDIT:  37.5 MIL NOK + INCLUSION OF DEBT