Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores Event Boycott

1235»

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I can't stop laughing at you. People leap at the opportunity to get free content and you want to boycott it bceause of some stupid gear thing.

People complain there's no progression / doesn't feel right.

Well you know what? Anet seem to have been working their asses off to give us FREE STUFF. I don't remember any sub MMO smashing content out this quickly. Fairly big chunks of content are being churned out on an almost monthly basis.

These aren't rehashed dungeons to give holiday loot. These are new dungeons with new artwork and possibly new assets.

Free.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

It is going to be interesting in around a month... When people have done these dungeons literally dozens, if not hundreds of times. Then we get to see how fun that grind really is. 

Personally I will just wait till they add it to WvW, because they have already stated they are going to do that. Thats half my problem with the system anyways... Originally it was do dungeons or don't get these items, but they changed that tone and said they would add it to WvW later. 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    nothing to boycott. the event sucks so far. The dungeon is good but thats the only thing happening.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

Loged in. Ported to Lions Arch. Event Started...so do lag. The ammount of lag was so freakin HIGH!!! After 10 mins of laging ive loged off

Nobody is messing with my brainz on my spare time. Fix your game before anything!!!

You sure your computer doesnt just blow donkey d**k? I had no lag at all..

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

Loged in. Ported to Lions Arch. Event Started...so do lag. The ammount of lag was so freakin HIGH!!! After 10 mins of laging ive loged off

Nobody is messing with my brainz on my spare time. Fix your game before anything!!!

You sure your computer doesnt just blow donkey d**k? I had no lag at all..

I had some lag, but only in the Fractal dungeon, and only in the part where my group was reenacting the fall of Ascalon.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

seems like the event is boycotting players more than anything..

every quest ive tried is bugged lol.

• Originally posted by Meleagar
    To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

*facepalm*  Great, you have fun with that. Like most forms of protest, it won't make any difference.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by Meleagar
    To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

While I understand how you feel and felt the same way, lately I just don't think GW2 is going to survive long term without proper character progression. "Proper" being the traditional gear progression. This is what a large percentage of MMO players are accoustomed to and they are bored once they hit 80. I don't think ANet would have had a sudden shift in their philosphy if so many players have become inactive. I think the other issue is, the MMORPG genre as a whole hasn't come up with any other interesting way to keep a sense of character progression going beyond max level. 

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by zenryoku

*facepalm*  Great, you have fun with that. Like most forms of protest, it won't make any difference.

wiat til next friday.  wal-mart employees are planning a walk out.  then you'll see how protests can be effecctive.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Tutu2

While I understand how you feel and felt the same way, lately I just don't think GW2 is going to survive long term without proper character progression. "Proper" being the traditional gear progression. This is what a large percentage of MMO players are accoustomed to and they are bored once they hit 80. I don't think ANet would have had a sudden shift in their philosphy if so many players have become inactive. I think the other issue is, the MMORPG genre as a whole hasn't come up with any other interesting way to keep a sense of character progression going beyond max level. 

It's also not going to survive if they keep shooting themselves in the foot like they're doing right now with this fucking fail event they hyped to hell and back and released during their 'free trial' weekend. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

It is going to be interesting in around a month... When people have done these dungeons literally dozens, if not hundreds of times. Then we get to see how fun that grind really is. 

Personally I will just wait till they add it to WvW, because they have already stated they are going to do that. Thats half my problem with the system anyways... Originally it was do dungeons or don't get these items, but they changed that tone and said they would add it to WvW later. 

You can enjoy the dungeons without doing them hundreds of times. I couldn't care less about the items, the dungeon is fun to do, that's what matters to me.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I don't think a small boycott will work, no offense. However, if you refused to spend real money on gems or buy the expacs, and furthermore let ANet know why, that might be more effective. Sure, GW2 is B2P, but they are fully expecting people to spend more money than the initial price for either services, fluff, keys, and expacs. I doubt highly that their main goal is to turn off players so much that they never spend anymore money than the initial price of the box.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

You can enjoy the dungeons without doing them hundreds of times. I couldn't care less about the items, the dungeon is fun to do, that's what matters to me.

In around 1 month the Wintersday Event will be up, so new content to do!

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    boycott all you want, you're not missing anything important or getting AN's attention.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by zenryoku

wiat til next friday.  wal-mart employees are planning a walk out.  then you'll see how protests can be effecctive.

Well, considering I never go to Wal-Mart and never will, I don't think I'll be overwhelmed by their walkout. I've actually heard that it's a pretty bad place to work, so I'm not surprised to hear it.

• SarielleSarielle Member Posts: 91
    I'll join you OP...except I'm just not logging in anymore, period. Don't listen to the people who don't understand they've been conditioned by Skinner Box tactics. It's a worthwhile goal.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Sarielle
    I'll join you OP...except I'm just not logging in anymore, period. Don't listen to the people who don't understand they've been conditioned by Skinner Box tactics. It's a worthwhile goal.

LOl - what? It is a game. If I enjoy it, I will play. If I don't enjoy it, I won't play. Not so hard with a B2P.

Seems to me this protest is a waste. Don't log in - A.Net has plenty of people playing right now.

• SarielleSarielle Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Sarielle

LOl - what? It is a game. If I enjoy it, I will play. If I don't enjoy it, I won't play. Not so hard with a B2P.

Seems to me this protest is a waste. Don't log in - A.Net has plenty of people playing right now.

Heh, it's not my logging in so much I think they'll miss, it's the steady income they were getting from me. I dropped a lot of money early on, and continued to buy costumes and consumables.

If I want gear progression, there are other games I could be playing that do it better. If you don't understand why stat creep is bad, watch this video. If you don't understand what shady psychological strings gear grinds and RNG take advantage of, read this article].

Anet is going away from one of its main selling points for me (Well, 2 actually; no gear grind and emphasis on personal skill over gear). I just plain don't care to log in.

Edited to fix links