Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores Event Boycott

Comments

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by ExpiredLife
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Xerith
    I will be too busy neck deep in the new content to be boycotting. 

But only because of the new items with bigger stats. :)

That's what people who don't understand how the stats works in GW2 are saying, also the noobs who don't know how to play who think because they have the new set, they will be able to be better and kill people in WvW more easily. Which is just plain false.

It doesn't matter how much of a diminishing return things have, if two equally skilled players are pitted against each other, the one with higher stats will win the majority of the time.

Not to mention ANet made one of their main selling points being that the game had no gear grind, no vertical progression.

I agree, and that exactly why there's some sPvP, to be able to have a clean and more balanced fight. WvW is a more casual PvP form, so even if you don't have the "best" gear, it doesn't change anything, you will still be able to stay competitive. You will still have a chance to put up a good fight against someone with the "best" gear and maybe even win.  Compare this to an MMO like WoW (and every other one for that matter) where if you have the gear 1 tier below the top, even if you're a better player, you won't even have a chance since the difference in stats is ENOURMOUS. But people don't understand that, they're all being blinded with something that doesn't change anything at all.

And the selling point stand still, it's just that people don't understand it at all.

Have you seen how gigantic some of the stat differences are now?

Go follow the thread on the official forums, people are digging through finding the items. The jump from exotics to full ascended is going to be like going from masterwork to exotics.

Just look at the pic of the ring and tell me the difference is gigantic lol. I doubt people are digging to find items that aren't even created yet. Care to link your sources please? Because I won't believe it until I saw it. The jump from exotics to ascended will stay the same as rare to exotics.

Oh, okay. Here you go.
    http://www.gw2db.com/items?filter-item-rarity=8

Lets compare this http://www.gw2db.com/items/71366-red-ring-of-death to this http://www.gw2db.com/items/12818-berserkers-ring

Plus, you know, having the slot for the infusions as well.

http://i.imgur.com/MV1Vt.png

Item code: [&AgEJkQAwDZWd0+4GAADzMS7fZRcAAA==]

Thats a fine by the way. Since we know how gear scales, we can assume that an exotic level one will be higher than that of, say, a ruby orb.

Well, thanks alot for the links, but it's irrelevant for me since there's some items on this site that are really in the game but have the stats wrong (some Legendaries especially). So I really doubt the stats are right and even if they were, from the links you gave me, the only difference in stats to those rings are a small +7 to stats. You call this enourmous?? When you have around a 1000 points in this stat, getting +7 to it won't change anything at all. Bear in mind that the stats you see at the bottom of the red ring of death (the stats in white) are the upgrade slots integrated into the Ascended items. So yeah even if they had a +15 difference in every stats, its still nothing when you have 1000 points in those stats. It's nothing game breaking whatsoever.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I actually wonder if the community would do a complete 360 if arena came out and said: "were just pullin your leg, there is, and never will be any form of item progression".

"I never doubted arenas ability, bestest dev studio ever!"

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Sounds like quitting the first month was a good idea.

*pats self on back*

• ExpiredLifeExpiredLife Member Posts: 20

Well, thanks alot for the links, but it's irrelevant for me since there's some items on this site that are really in the game but have the stats wrong (some Legendaries especially). So I really doubt the stats are right and even if they were, from the links you gave me, the only difference in stats to those rings are a small +7 to stats. You call this enourmous?? When you have around a 1000 points in this stat, getting +7 to it won't change anything at all. Bear in mind that the stats you see at the bottom of the red ring of death (the stats in white) are the upgrade slots integrated into the Ascended items. So yeah even if they had a +15 difference in stats, its still nothing when you have 1000 points in those stats. It's nothing game breaking whatsoever.

Again, you're leaving out the infusions.

Along with the fact ANet refuses to promise that Ascended is the last tier.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    I'm going one better. I'm uninstalling the game.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Gw2 being a btp game makes it difficult to boycott. With a subscription game you are more likely to be listened to as you can cancel your subscription in protest and get better service and results. Arenanet will do whatever they like.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Well, thanks alot for the links, but it's irrelevant for me since there's some items on this site that are really in the game but have the stats wrong (some Legendaries especially). So I really doubt the stats are right and even if they were, from the links you gave me, the only difference in stats to those rings are a small +7 to stats. You call this enourmous?? When you have around a 1000 points in this stat, getting +7 to it won't change anything at all. Bear in mind that the stats you see at the bottom of the red ring of death (the stats in white) are the upgrade slots integrated into the Ascended items. So yeah even if they had a +15 difference in stats, its still nothing when you have 1000 points in those stats. It's nothing game breaking whatsoever.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

That still doesn't change anything. I said +15 exactly because of the infusions that may add some +5 here and there. Don't tell me you think +15 out of a 1000 is still a big deal...Hell even +30 isnt really a big deal when you think about it.

As for their refusal to promise that Ascended is the last tier, it surely won't be since legendary is the ultimate goal and they didn't release any legendary armors yet. And the legendaries that will be released later will be on par with the Ascended gear.

• ExpiredLifeExpiredLife Member Posts: 20

That still doesn't change anything. I said +15 exactly because of the infusions that may add some +5 here and there. Don't tell me you think +15 out of a 1000 is still a big deal...Hell even +30 isnt really a big deal when you think about it.

As for their refusal to promise that Ascended is the last tier, it surely won't be since legendary is the ultimate goal and they didn't release any legendary armors yet. And the legendaries that will be released later will be on par with the Ascended gear.

Go get yourself a superior sigil of bloodlust. Get 250 more power, see how much of a difference it makes for high coefficient skills.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by fundayz
    It's funny to see people overreadting like this.The ascended gear has been shown to be only a few stat points higher than exotics; not even stronger than Legendaries.

I'd love to know how you figured that, given that (a) legendaries and exotics have identical stats, and (b) there are no gear slots which have legendary items available (weapons) which also have ascended items available (rings and cloaks).

So, basically, no such thing has been shown, you're either lying or repeating a lie that was told to you.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Phry
    if your serious about it, you should take a leaf out of the goonswarms book, when they take action, its not to stay away, its to turn up in a highly disruptive fashion, usually in a highly public and interesting way.. in game of course image

That was tried in GW1 to the detriment of the game (the healer protests at THK for example).

The point is, is that no matter what people complain about in forums, official ones or otherwise, it can be ignored as a 'vocal minority' thing, which often may well be the case, for it to be really taken seriously, then a massive in game protest of some kind has to take place, but yeah, no guarantees it will have the desired effect.image

That could also be called terrorism - not a good play in my book. Just saying....

A protest isnt terrorism, not even a little bit

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Meleagar
    To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

You do realize that the majority of the players don't visit or post on forums right :P.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    You realize majority of the players rofl at this post lol......Good luck with the drama queen parade its gonna be lonely judging by how full the servers are.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

Loged in. Ported to Lions Arch. Event Started...so do lag. The ammount of lag was so freakin HIGH!!! After 10 mins of laging ive loged off

Nobody is messing with my brainz on my spare time. Fix your game before anything!!!

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Originally posted by Z3R01
    Dude my friends list has over 40 people on it that havent logged in since hitting max level.I know A-net is trying to offer a different experience in GW2 but we need some type of pve progression.Just be happy it isn't raiding...
    or maybe you and your friend should change your mindset and stop being slaves to the treadmill

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    What are you going to do?  Cancel your sub?

You make me like charity

Originally posted by xpiher
    I'm going one better. I'm uninstalling the game.

[mod edit]

Go get yourself a superior sigil of bloodlust. Get 250 more power, see how much of a difference it makes for high coefficient skills.

Irrelevant. This has nothing to do at all with what we talked about. Ascended gear won't ever give you a +250 to stats compared to exotics, even with full gear. Try harder next time.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

The fact that so many people stopped playing is most likely why they are adding this gear now. 

So if more people stop playing after they add ascended gear you have a chance!

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

The fact that so many people stopped playing is most likely why they are adding this gear now. 

So if more people stop playing after they add ascended gear you have a chance!

Have you seen what happened in Halloween?

Servers broke.

What is going to happen with Lost Shores and free trial?

Servers will break.

Basic differencial diagnosis:

Test 1 variable at a time.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Im not boycotting and the event has started - come kill the giant crabs and get your loots from the new dungeon. dont waste time reading a QQ thread,come in game and get your stuffs
  • MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

Good, that'll help cut down the lag.  

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

LMFAO makes no difference man. You already paid for the game so they got you wheather you log in or not. It really makes no difference..

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Why NOT have some kind of gear to work for? I do feel that it should be seperate from WvW at least, but still it gives people something to do besides just grinding the same mobs over and over repeatedly as a sort of pve aspect.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455

People participating in this boycott are only hurting themself - this is the best dungeon of the game, it's a lot of fun, we had several groups doing it in my guild and all had a blast.

I'm still keeping a highly critical eye on the gearflation trend - but content wise, this is a total success for now. I love every single bit of it.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

People participating in this boycott are only hurting themself - this is the best dungeon of the game, it's a lot of fun, we had several groups doing it in my guild and all had a blast.

I'm still keeping a highly critical eye on the gearflation trend - but content wise, this is a total success for now. I love every single bit of it.

the dungeon is awesome !!!

i love it

you miss something good but yeah keep doing your childish boycott

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Tonin109
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

the dungeon is awesome !!!

i love it

you miss something good but yeah keep doing your childish boycott

Dungon is good. Power creep is not. Have to see how much better in stats the upgrades are. Its possible that Ascended is worse, in stats, than a full set of sigil stacked exotics.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher