Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores Event Boycott

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Good less lag, hope more of you don't log on so there is less bitching and whining in map chat.
  • Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512
    Originally posted by Meleagar
    To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

Well it might get busy with all the trial accounts, so you're only helping make the lost shores weekend go smoother with this action..

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    i'll be there, causing havok among the knees of unwary eager explorers.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    I lol'd at this. Well there are always other games for you.. I hear WOW is pretty good. You should go check that out.

I concur.

I wlil aslo be byoctotnig any crorcetoins or eidts to tihs psot utnil the 19th to porstet this trhaed.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

You can always talk with your wallet and cancel your subscription....ah wait..

I meant don't buy from their CS.

But the best statement of all is don't buy their expansions.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    PFFFFT i like how they are attempting to do something to bring back the people who wanted gear progression and tho this is their goal....we wont come back and they are now pushing their current fans away.
  • huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
    ..........crickets
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Dont know if anyone posted this but i may do it (didnt bothered to read all the pages between first and this one)...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6187-Why-Boycotts-Fail-Where-Whining-Tantrums-Win

Boycotts are bad idea... you will achieve nothing with that, OP....

Showing your dissatisfaction in public is another story. Do it on official forums, which had the topic with like 200 pages already.

That actually matters...

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Xerith
    I will be too busy neck deep in the new content to be boycotting. 

But only because of the new items with bigger stats. :)

That's what people who don't understand how the stats works in GW2 are saying, also the noobs who don't know how to play who think because they have the new set, they will be able to be better and kill people in WvW more easily. Which is just plain false.

• ExpiredLifeExpiredLife Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by SirFubar

That's what people who don't understand how the stats works in GW2 are saying, also the noobs who don't know how to play who think because they have the new set, they will be able to be better and kill people in WvW more easily. Which is just plain false.

It doesn't matter how much of a diminishing return things have, if two equally skilled players are pitted against each other, the one with higher stats will win the majority of the time.

Not to mention ANet made one of their main selling points being that the game had no gear grind, no vertical progression.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    So, if I understand this, They got your sixty bucks and now you don't want to log in?
    Originally posted by ExpiredLife

It doesn't matter how much of a diminishing return things have, if two equally skilled players are pitted against each other, the one with higher stats will win the majority of the time.

Not to mention ANet made one of their main selling points being that the game had no gear grind, no vertical progression.

I agree, and that exactly why there's some sPvP, to be able to have a clean and more balanced fight. WvW is a more casual PvP form, so even if you don't have the "best" gear, it doesn't change anything, you will still be able to stay competitive. You will still have a chance to put up a good fight against someone with the "best" gear and maybe even win.  Compare this to an MMO like WoW (and every other one for that matter) where if you have the gear 1 tier below the top, even if you're a better player, you won't even have a chance since the difference in stats is ENOURMOUS. But people don't understand that, they're all being blinded with something that doesn't change anything at all.

And the selling point stand still, it's just that people don't understand it at all.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Dude my friends list has over 40 people on it that havent logged in since hitting max level.

I know A-net is trying to offer a different experience in GW2 but we need some type of pve progression.

Just be happy it isn't raiding...

It is essentially raiding. The worst part of raiding. Raiding would be fine without the gear grind.

People haven't logged in because the game wasn't well designed, especially in the RvR area.

Putting in one of the worst MMO features to try to get people to log in is moronic.

I agree, and that exactly why there's some sPvP, to be able to have a clean and more balanced fight. WvW is a more casual PvP form, so even if you don't have the "best" gear, it doesn't change anything, you will still be able to stay competitive. You will still have a chance to put up a good fight against someone with the "best" gear and maybe even win.  Compare this to an MMO like WoW (and every other one for that matter) where if you have the gear 1 tier below the top, even if you're a better player, you won't even have a chance since the difference in stats is ENOURMOUS. But people don't understand that, they're all being blinded with something that doesn't change anything at all.

And the selling point stand still, it's just that people don't understand it at all.

Have you seen how gigantic some of the stat differences are now?

Go follow the thread on the official forums, people are digging through finding the items. The jump from exotics to full ascended is going to be like going from masterwork to exotics.

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407
    Originally posted by dzoni87

Dont know if anyone posted this but i may do it (didnt bothered to read all the pages between first and this one)...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6187-Why-Boycotts-Fail-Where-Whining-Tantrums-Win

Boycotts are bad idea... you will achieve nothing with that, OP....

Showing your dissatisfaction in public is another story. Do it on official forums, which had the topic with like 200 pages already.

That actually matters...

I've contributed many posts to that thread.

Unfortunately, after the reading dev answers on Reddit, I realize they are now "all in" with power creep/gear treadmill being a standard feature going forward.  So it's not so much a boycott on my part any more - it's just me not being interested in playing GW2 any more.  This has ruined my ability to enjoy any aspect of the game.

I did at least get my money's worth, even with the $100 I spent on extra character slots and bank space upgrades.  440 hrs of joyful fun in the game of my dreams for $160 was a pretty good deal.  At least now I know that it's more than a "theory" that such a game can be made, be successful and enjoyable to play, even if this one was  - for whatever reason - decided to make a drastic change from their original philosophy.

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

Also, since I realize that ANET has made their decision, and since I probably won't be playing GW2 any more,  I will now abide my policy of not posting criticisms in the forums of games I don't play.  IMO, these game forums should be reserved for people that actually play the game.

For those who will still be playing and enjoy GW2 and the new path they are taking, I bear no ill will. It's a good thing to have a MMOG you really enjoy playing.

Peace.

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Dude my friends list has over 40 people on it that havent logged in since hitting max level.

I know A-net is trying to offer a different experience in GW2 but we need some type of pve progression.

Just be happy it isn't raiding...

It is essentially raiding. The worst part of raiding. Raiding would be fine without the gear grind.

People haven't logged in because the game wasn't well designed, especially in the RvR area.

Putting in one of the worst MMO features to try to get people to log in is moronic.

ROFLMAO! What is moronic is people that think they understand when in fact they have no clue.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    I will join your boycott!  I will be in the woods deer hunting for the next nine days, I hope ArenaNet can survive the loss of me :(

Go follow the thread on the official forums, people are digging through finding the items. The jump from exotics to full ascended is going to be like going from masterwork to exotics.

Just look at the pic of the ring and tell me the difference is gigantic lol. I doubt people are digging to find items that aren't even created yet. Care to link your sources please? Because I won't believe it until I saw it. The jump from exotics to ascended will stay the same as rare to exotics.

Just look at the pic of the ring and tell me the difference is gigantic lol. I doubt people are digging to find items that aren't even created yet. Care to link your sources please? Because I won't believe it until I saw it. The jump from exotics to ascended will stay the same as rare to exotics.

Oh, okay. Here you go.
    http://www.gw2db.com/items?filter-item-rarity=8

Lets compare this http://www.gw2db.com/items/71366-red-ring-of-death to this http://www.gw2db.com/items/12818-berserkers-ring

Plus, you know, having the slot for the infusions as well.

http://i.imgur.com/MV1Vt.png

Item code: [&AgEJkQAwDZWd0+4GAADzMS7fZRcAAA==]

Thats a fine by the way. Since we know how gear scales, we can assume that an exotic level one will be higher than that of, say, a ruby orb.

• huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
    it's kind of like a "take my ball and go home attitude"..so many people are mad pissed over a game that noone is being forced to play. the key ingredient to these mmo's is progression..wether it be new areas,more skills,higher levels it's all about moving forward..anet seems to be a company that knows whats its doing and for those who disagree there are games that may be better for you(like Wow) lol..a mmo will NEVER be what you want it to be on all levels..so you take the good with the bad or you don't play.. Anet offers no p2p devices so you lose nothing,plus they update more regularly than most p2p games..but go ahead,boycott,which is stupid to begin with,and i'll see ya when you eventually log in bitching that you missed the event lol
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

It's funny to see people overreadting like this.

The ascended gear has been shown to be only a few stat points higher than exotics; not even stronger than Legendaries. In addition, we know infusions/agony are PvE only mechanics and thus have no effect on WvW.

From everything I've seen so far, having Ascended gear is not going to let players do anything they couldn't have done with exotics.

Originally posted by fundayz

It's funny to see people overreadting like this.

The ascended gear has been shown to be only a few stat points higher than exotics; not even stronger than Legendaries. In addition, we know infusions/agony are PvE only mechanics and thus have no effect on WvW.

From everything I've seen so far, having Ascended gear is not going to let players do anything they couldn't have done with exotics.

Yet they have a slot for infusions, which with the way gear scales will make a difference of a whole hell of a lot.

And infusions WILL affect WvW.

"I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.

Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores.

Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director"

Page 118 of https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/page/204#post750363

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

To register my displeasure at ANET for abandoning its core anti-gear-treadmill philosophy with Ascended gear, I won't be logging back in to GW2 until the 19th. I invite anyone similarly dismayed by this new direction to do the same.

Whats the point. They have your money already, and you have announced your going to return anyway?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

Have fun with that.  I have never seen this kind of immaturity from a playerbase, and i have played nearly every mmo out there.  Is this your way of "unsubbing" to a non-sub game?  I'm sorry but this behavior is rediculous.  None of these changes are as horrible as you people are making them out to be.