Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet answers to all this forum whining ;) it's on official GW2 forums

Comments

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by skydiver12

Nope that's not an answer. (i don't expect any - Anet is like every bad company out there)

They need a LOGICAL step from Exotic to Legendary.  So they're doing it with Ascended.    They've told you this.   It is the answer and it does answer the question. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'la la la la' and pretending they didn't answer the question doesn't change it.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by MosesZD

Nope that's not an answer. (i don't expect any - Anet is like every bad company out there)

They need a LOGICAL step from Exotic to Legendary.  So they're doing it with Ascended.    They've told you this.   It is the answer and it does answer the question. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'la la la la' and pretending they didn't answer the question doesn't change it.

No, they didn't need it, they could have make all steps above exotic on par with exotic with only significant cosmetic differences; however, this direction is something that anyone should have expected as a possibility. So to everyone complaining: make your research better, all information was out there; it was easy to see that this was a possible scenario and therefore your purchase should have taken this scenario into account.  If you still took the risk and bought the game, then you have none but yourself to blame if things don't go as you had hoped to.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The reasons they gave for this choice of action on are very poor - it is based on feedback by players (considering I wasn't asked for feedback since BWEs, I wonder where was this player feedback collected, forums vocal monority maybe?) that were getting bored because there was nothing to do once you got exotics.

Do you agree with them, that there is nothing to do once you hit level 80 and get exotics?

See gamebreaker.tv Guildcast of this week to see the same concerns raised, even if without the over the top comments of some people.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Masa1
    So no new tier every 3 month, but every 4 month?

Arenanet would never do that. 

They already adding 2 tiers - ascendend without infusion slots and ascended with infusion slots.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

They already adding 2 tiers - ascendend without infusion slots and ascended with infusion slots.

It is not anywhere near WoW tiers, it is like calling slap on the wrist "murder".  It takes a hell lot more for Arenanet to even get close to WoW standard tiers. 

It is not anywhere near WoW tiers, it is like calling slap on the wrist "murder".  It takes a hell lot more for Arenanet to even get close to WoW standard tiers. 

No, but they started a precedent.

Worse than that is that they stated it is because of feedback of those bored with nothing to do once they got exotics.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    As long as progression doesn't boil down to a single play style, then I would be happy.   Who knows, maybe if they continue to make a lot of improvements and some changes, I might even come back to the game, heh.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

No, but they started a precedent.

Worse than that is that they stated it is because of feedback of those bored with nothing to do once they got exotics.

exactly....

I would love to know where all these bored people are that they got there feedback from?

I just don't understand they think this ascended gear is gonna keep people from being bored, hell I was bored within two weeks had nothing to do with gear tiers lol....

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    I don't understand why they even bother. Two things may happen, some will go /nerdrage, others will go /ragequit and ANet won't care either way. It's an MMO, deal with it and enough QQing.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Never seen so much crying from adults, its like little babies getting off the bottle and moving to a pacifier. I myself will never grind to get a legendary, for one they look aweful and another its the same stats so whats the point. I'm glad they are adding new gear because right now I just level alts because there is no reason to hop my 80's both with full exotics that I got right when I hit 80.

WvW should get some kind of overhaul because it is boring as hell and was the only reason there is for me to play my 80's. Each Friday there is less and less people on and rarely ever see a que longer than 10 minutes anymore to get in. sPvP is not for me and is nothing more than a bunkering death match, so all that is left right now is leveling alts. 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

How are infusion slots, or the lack there of considered separate 'tiers'.

I know you know how they work, and that you're familiar w/ the infusion mechanic from GW1. Did you consider that a new 'tier'? Cause I can't think of anyone who did.

Again, the ascended gear (based on what Anet has shown us) has stats in between an exotic and a legendary. Considering how close the stats are between legendaries & exotics, the difference is actually quite negligible. Furthermore the infusion slot doesn't give you any stat bonus', it gives you resistance to a new PvE debuff called agony, which you also already know. It doesn't make anyone more or less powerful, it makes them able to handle the new content, and that content alone. It won't make you stronger in WvW, and it's not even usable in sPvP. It won't even make you better at the dungeons that are already out.

Lets get realistic for a moment. Look at the difference in tiers from WoW gear for a sec. The power jump is around 10-30% per item in most cases, sometimes even larger than that. Ascended armor is a power jump of about ~4% per item from exotics (if you include the magic find as a power increase), and are still less powerful than legendaries.

Quite simply, they are a step in between what's currently available.

The content update is releasing a massive amount of new, free content. Giving players new gear, giving players more options to get the cooler gear, and yet players are acting like the sky is falling. Entitled much? If a treadmill actually starts to appear, then hell yes cry foul. Send angry emails, w/e you fancy. But crying foul everytime Anet tries to give us new content for free, is not helping anyone. I know if I was the developer, and my fans started bitching everytime I gave them new, free crap. I'd eventually stop giving them new free stuff.

The irony of all this, is many players have used this as an excuse to leave GW2 in favor of games with actual treadmills.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Anaba77

Well, this guy is talking about no treadmill and that new gear will be available from more content (new and old) so it doesn't feel a grind.

For me that's an answer and tbh I hate it when ppl whine before content is released.

/my 2 cents

agreed.

I'll wait until I see it all play out before passing judgement. You all can put your soapboxes and microphones away.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    Originally posted by Anaba77

Well, this guy is talking about no treadmill and that new gear will be available from more content (new and old) so it doesn't feel a grind.

For me that's an answer and tbh I hate it when ppl whine before content is released.

/my 2 cents

agreed.

I'll wait until I see it all play out before passing judgement. You all can put your soapboxes and microphones away.

+1

When I see Anet actually making mistakes, I have no problems talking about it. However, until then I'll just wait and see. When I first heard about ascended gear it sounded far worse then what I actually ended up reading. I'll wait to pass judgement as well.

Originally posted by aesperus

I know you know how they work, and that you're familiar w/ the infusion mechanic from GW1. Did you consider that a new 'tier'? Cause I can't think of anyone who did.

Again, the ascended gear (based on what Anet has shown us) has stats in between an exotic and a legendary. Considering how close the stats are between legendaries & exotics, the difference is actually quite negligible. Furthermore the infusion slot doesn't give you any stat bonus', it gives you resistance to a new PvE debuff called agony, which you also already know. It doesn't make anyone more or less powerful, it makes them able to handle the new content, and that content alone. It won't make you stronger in WvW, and it's not even usable in sPvP. It won't even make you better at the dungeons that are already out.

Lets get realistic for a moment. Look at the difference in tiers from WoW gear for a sec. The power jump is around 10-30% per item in most cases, sometimes even larger than that. Ascended armor is a power jump of about ~4% per item from exotics (if you include the magic find as a power increase), and are still less powerful than legendaries.

The content update is releasing a massive amount of new, free content. Giving players new gear, giving players more options to get the cooler gear, and yet players are acting like the sky is falling. Entitled much? If a treadmill actually starts to appear, then hell yes cry foul. Send angry emails, w/e you fancy. But crying foul everytime Anet tries to give us new content for free, is not helping anyone. I know if I was the developer, and my fans started bitching everytime I gave them new, free crap. I'd eventually stop giving them new free stuff.

The irony of all this, is many players have used this as an excuse to leave GW2 in favor of games with actual treadmills.

Please stop posting wrong information.

Legendary items have the same stats as exotic,

50/48 is 4%, but 18/15 is 20%, 10%MF/7%MF = 30%.

See, not as clear cut.

I can understand the wait and see opinion, but please don't try to sugar coat the discussion with wrong information to try to invalidate my rational concerns.

And which one is better Ascended item with infusion slots or Ascended item with no infusion slots?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

See, not as clear cut.

I can understand the wait and see opinion, but please don't try to sugar coat the discussion with wrong information to try to invalidate my rational concerns.

Legendary weapons have a little better stats than exotic.

Incinerator

Dark Asuran Dagger

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

The reasons they gave for this choice of action on are very poor - it is based on feedback by players (considering I wasn't asked for feedback since BWEs, I wonder where was this player feedback collected, forums vocal monority maybe?) that were getting bored because there was nothing to do once you got exotics.

Do you agree with them, that there is nothing to do once you hit level 80 and get exotics?

See gamebreaker.tv Guildcast of this week to see the same concerns raised, even if without the over the top comments of some people.

I agree that this may be the result of the vocal minority trying to make this game fit their mold of what an mmo should be.  I am hoping this is the last time Anet makes a tier change like this.  That's where the wait and see part comes in for me.  If they start adding tiers on a regular basis, I'm out.

However, there is a way to combat the vocal minority (and, yes, I think it's safe to assume they are vocal on the forums - that's what the forums are there for).  The "silent majority" needs to get vocal about what they want.  Anet can't read minds.  If they hear people tell them they want something and no one else tells them differently, how are they supposed to know?

Either way, I personally think the argument is silly at this point.  We don't know many things about this new tier and we don't know if this is a one time deal or not.  Maybe we should chill a little, let Anet know (calmly!) what we want, and see what they do with it?

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Originally posted by colddog04

See, not as clear cut.

Legendary weapons have a little better stats than exotic.

http://www.gw2db.com/items/56208-incinerator

http://www.gw2db.com/items/69477-dark-asuran-dagger

Those tooltips are wrong.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incinerator

Or from Anet own mouth, https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

"Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game"

It is mind numbing how many times I had to link this type of information to correct people that are saying I'm overreacting or misinformed or that there is not enough information and it is all speculation.

As you can see the sunrise has the same stats as others exotics greatswords (couldn't find a screen shot of the incenerator).

*snip*

See, not as clear cut.

And which one is better Ascended item with infusion slots or Ascended item with no infusion slots?

My understanding is that Ascended items come with infusion slots (as will Legendaries).  And the only time you will need the infusions is in the further reaches of the new dungeon.  And.....you will pick up the items and infusions during normal gameplay or make them in the Mystic Forge.  So, before you even get to the dungeon area where you need infusions, you'll already have them.

Originally posted by evolver1972
    *snip*

See, not as clear cut.

My understanding is that Ascended items come with infusion slots (as will Legendaries).  And the only time you will need the infusions is in the further reaches of the new dungeon.  And.....you will pick up the items and infusions during normal gameplay or make them in the Mystic Forge.  So, before you even get to the dungeon area where you need infusions, you'll already have them.

"Ascended gear works a little bit differently than other gear types. The stats and functionality normally added to gear through upgrade components are actually built into Ascended items. Instead of upgrade slots, Ascended gear has Infusion slots, and rarer versions of the items also come with additional Agony Resistance built into them. Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes."

Actually, yes, all bring infusion slots, but "rarer ascended" items come with aditional Agony Resistence.

So Ascended items and rare Ascended items.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Yeah, I agree with you after looking at that screen that the database has it wrong. My mistake. I'm actually happy that there is no difference.

And personally? I don't like that they are adding ascended items. 

*snip*

See, not as clear cut.

"Ascended gear works a little bit differently than other gear types. The stats and functionality normally added to gear through upgrade components are actually built into Ascended items. Instead of upgrade slots, Ascended gear has Infusion slots, and rarer versions of the items also come with additional Agony Resistance built into them. Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes."

Actually, yes, all bring infusion slots, but "rarer ascended" items come with aditional Agony Resistence.

So...kind of like some exotic items have different stats than others?

Yeah, I agree with you after looking at that screen that the database has it wrong. My mistake. I'm actually happy that there is no difference.

I was expecting higher level caps (and so item stats) with expansions.

With content updates and for the reasons presented, I wasn't.

I'll wait and see how it goes, but I think protesting without going nuts that it is the end of the world, or anet is a bunch of greedy aholes, or it was all lies, is not only my right but it is useful as feedback.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    It's all being explained away and rationalized now. But just imagine the sheet storm that would have stirred up if someone had posted a thread saying "ANET is going to cave and start introducing gear with increased stats" even as recently as a few weeks ago.
    *snip*

See, not as clear cut.

So...kind of like some exotic items have different stats than others?

It doesn't read like that to me.

Additional suggests on top of.

And there are no rarer exotics based on stats.

I don't really care yet....of course, I just hit 80 and don't have even exotics yet anyway.

Either way, Legendaries are as far away from me as they ever were.  Now there's another armor option between exotics and legendaries.  Not really concerning to me at this point.  It will concern me if this is the beginning of a pattern.  Though, one instance doesn't make a pattern.