Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet answers to all this forum whining ;) it's on official GW2 forums

Comments

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

If you can read between the lines and know a bit about game development, design and community management, it pretty much answers everything everyone has been whining about.

I still don't understand what gets people so up in arms about complex ideas they don't immediately agree with or understand that they generalize and simplify it down to what they think they disagree most with ... just so they can start whining and bashing away at it. Get a grip. oO

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

[ ... ]

The problem is that they made a tier with better stats.

[ ... ]

And it has been said multiple times already that exotics will be upscaled. RTFM

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Anaba77

Well, this guy is talking about no treadmill and that new gear will be available from more content (new and old) so it doesn't feel a grind.

For me that's an answer and tbh I hate it when ppl whine before content is released.

/my 2 cents

I don't care about the content. I care if there will be new gear after ascended that will be required to do future content. And it doesn't answer anything because 

" We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features." 

This could mean anything! It could mean more gear, it could be Ascended armor with future upgrades that can placed into that slot. I want to know what they exactly plan! 

And like my edit says. ITS NOT ABOUT THE CONTENT.  I care about direction!

you talk as if theres a huge difference in all of the gear. Seriously...go look at the stats on each tier of gear. It's like a 2 point difference on each. Lets be realistic here. I've been wearing lvl 60 cultural armor forever and I'm level 80 now....Is my gear outdated? Nope the stat difference between it and the level 80 cultural are stupid minimal and not worth me spending 20+ gold on the next set. You sound like someone who wants the next shiny thing because its new and slightly better. I'd be willing to bet that if Apple released the iPhone 7 right now you'd buy it without even considering the differences between it and the current revision of iPhone that you currently have(it's slightly thinner...congrats).

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

The problem is not the infusion.

They just came and said - "see your exotic rings? they are filler trash now. And in aometime all of your exotics will be.Ah we did this because some people were complaining there was no progression after exotics. we are sure those people wont be bored in 3 months again"

May I ask you (pls be honest) how long did it take you to get a full set of exotics ?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Indrome

If you can read between the lines and know a bit about game development, design and community management, it pretty much answers everything everyone has been whining about.

I still don't understand what gets people so up in arms about complex ideas they don't immediately agree with or understand that they generalize and simplify it down to what they think they disagree most with ... just so they can start whining and bashing away at it. Get a grip. oO

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

They said legendaries will be upscaled. If they said exotics would be then there wouldn't be any complaining. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The problem is not the infusion.

They just came and said - "see your exotic rings? they are filler trash now. And in aometime all of your exotics will be.Ah we did this because some people were complaining there was no progression after exotics. we are sure those people wont be bored in 3 months again"

May I ask you (pls be honest) how long did it take you to get a full set of exotics ?

For my 8 caracters? Multiple sets for different builds?

Work in progress I'm affraid.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Well, this guy is talking about no treadmill and that new gear will be available from more content (new and old) so it doesn't feel a grind.

For me that's an answer and tbh I hate it when ppl whine before content is released.

/my 2 cents

I don't care about the content. I care if there will be new gear after ascended that will be required to do future content. And it doesn't answer anything because 

" We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features." 

This could mean anything! It could mean more gear, it could be Ascended armor with future upgrades that can placed into that slot. I want to know what they exactly plan! 

you talk as if theres a huge difference in all of the gear. Seriously...go look at the stats on each tier of gear. It's like a 2 point difference on each. Lets be realistic here. I've been wearing lvl 60 cultural armor forever and I'm level 80 now....Is my gear outdated? Nope the stat difference between it and the level 80 cultural are stupid minimal and not worth me spending 20+ gold on the next set. You sound like someone who wants the next shiny thing because its new and slightly better. I'd be willing to bet that if Apple released the iPhone 7 right now you'd buy it without even considering the differences between it and the current revision of iPhone that you currently have(it's slightly thinner...congrats).

It doesn't matter how much better the gear is. It matters if they added better than ascended gear, in stats, in the next update and if Ascended gear is needed to even have a chance at doing the next content update. Thats the issue. Thats the reason I dont play games like WoW. I hate gear treadmills. GW2 wasn't suppose to have them. 

Also, your math is wrong. Once the entire set, and entire set of ascended armor will be nearly 40% better than an entire set of Exotics. Futhermoe, its currently 5 points better, not two.  

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

If you are going to make posts about other people bashing stuff they don't understand at least make sure you have actually understand what Anet said.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

ofc for one char ... don't fool me, pls

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by aesperus

Well, we are going to have to wait and see. However;

While I was initially very concerned over what I was hearing about ascended armor, the more info I see, the more it seems like they are doing the same thing they did in GW1.

Mainly, in GW1 there was a portion of the game in which you had to get help from the Seers to infuse your gear. Infusing your gear 'made it more powerful', by giving it resistance to a specific buff called 'Spectral Agony'. Without fully infused gear you would take so much damage that even the most defensive skill combinations couldn't keep up and you would just die.

What's important to note about this is both 1) Infused gear wasn't a higher tier of gear. 2) It existed within the same realm of gear available, and what made it stronger was it's resistance to a very specific, pve-only buff.

This isn't to say that people shouldn't be following this new update with eyebrows raised. Anet used some very poor wording imho. However, I will say that, based on the information given, they aren't doing anything different (gear-wise) from what they did in GW1. While they called it a 'tier', it's sounded much less like a tier, and more like a PvE buff to allow players access to very specific PvE content.

I think people need to hold off on judgement until the weekend when we know the facts.

In GW1 infused never increased item stats.

When GW1 released Sword Max damage was 15-22. Today the max sword damage is 15-22.

In GW1 max Armor defense was 80 for heavy professions, 70 for medium and 60 for light. When I infuse the armor the defense remains the same.

So yeah they are doing something completely different - they are increasing the max stats of gear rendering all the exotic gear (eventually when all the ascendent items are released) obsolete.

They are making max stats items obsolete.

The ascended items stats are in between exotics & legendaries. They posted some of the stat comparisons, and so far they are extremely minor. If they keep going w/ that trend, then yes it's definitely cause for alarm. But I'm not about to call foul over a ~10 point increase to a stat when I'm sitting at 3000. It'll be hard to notice that extra ~20 dmg on a 1700 dmg hit, tbh.

I'm not sure how that really makes max stat items obsolete, either. What they are doing isn't 100% identical to the infused armor from GW1, however the implementation / function / wording that we've been given so far is very much the same.

Hence the 'wait and see' statement before crying wolf.

Not done yet because i only have 1 set of exotic armor and need more than 1 set to have fully completed character that can play more than 1 build. I currently only have my PvE set. I need 2-3 sets for WvW and dungons 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

They said legendaries will be upscaled. If they said exotics would be then there wouldn't be any complaining. 

My bad. Then... where's the problem again? Where's that "tier with better stats"? If up to now you could only get legendary weapons, then you can start getting "legendary" armor now. ... I'd call that pretty sweet since in a huge event like this it'll be very easy.

There was always supposed to be legendary armor at some point... well this is it.

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

My bad. Then... where's the problem again? Where's that "tier with better stats"? If up to now you could only get legendary weapons, then you can start getting "legendary" armor now. ... I'd call that pretty sweet since in a huge event like this it'll be very easy.

There was always supposed to be legendary armor at some point... well this is it.

You really don't understand.... Legendary armor, if it existed right now, would have the same stats as Exotics. 

Anyways, the problem is with trend. If new gear/upgrades are added in the future that are better than we have after a full set of ascended is obtained then its gear treadmill. If they add new armor/upgrades with the same stats as ascended that only work with the new content, then its not tread mill (because don't need the previous set to do the new dungeon). They need to be clear were they are going with it.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Actually, I'm fairly certain they said it was exotics that would be upscaled. Based on the stats they leaked in response to the outcry, Ascended gear isn't going to be any better than current legendaries (aside from the infusion socket).

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

How pathetic how entitled some people are to their "currently max stat" gear.

How much effort was it to get that full exotic set... not much really. Yesterday I upgraded my aquatic weapons to exotic, even knowing they will add ascended in the future.

What content is really that challenging that your personal skill can't overcome it? You could do everything at lvl 80 with rare gear if you are not a crappy player, you don't even need exotic. Exotic gear was there to make it just more chill and comfortable, and for the people like me who like to max the stats anyway.

Now it's okay, you also want to max your stats... so you feel the need to have ascended. But then why do you think you have to get everything without any effort. Cmon it's silly. First you guys complain there's nothing left to obtain after you have your character on exotics, now you cry and be lazy. In this weekend's update there will ascended rings added and an ascended backpiece.

Sooo... they add a very good version of a backpiece, which people complained about there wasn't an exotic version from it. So you don't have to replace that exotic... the best one was a gold or a green one before.

You only have to replace 2 exotic rings, by 2 ascended rings. For each character if you rly have multiple lvl 80's. Wow... what a freaking stat increase right now and what a huge effort... yes they will add more ascended in the future but what do you wanna do all day? Dance in Lion's Arch? There's more then enough time to aquire the optional stat increase items. For all we know your exotics might not even be obsolete but required to upgrade them to ascended, we don't know yet how the aquireing works for these new items.

Sometimes i rly hate this MMO community. Full of entitled pricks who are never pleased and always whine. You guys are silly.

And let me tell you. Within a few years, when you move on to another game and never play GW2 again. All your achievements and aquired gear will be obsolete anyway. It's a game... go with the flow of the game or quit, don't cry about it as if your life achievements depend on it.

I'm sorry games based in gear treadmills the normal is to have a main.

I love GW1 because all the characters are my main.

I have 1 set only not runned and not every weapon - warrior was my first profession and they have a ton of weapons.

I'm not bored because opposed to gear treadmill "players" I do plan to level all the 8 professions to 80 and deck with multiple sets and then legendaries

That is work for months and months.

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

You really don't understand.... Legendary armor, if it existed right now, would have the same stats as Exotics. 

Ooph, I see where the hairsplitting is at. Sorry, I don't care about this enough to really get into the discussion any further.

I'm out. Sorry you don't like it when games evolve a tiny bit.

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Legendary gear (all legendary gear) has slightly higher stats than exotics atm. It's been this way for a while. However, the difference is so small it's more or less insignificant.

Personally, I wish they'd just makem all the same stats, to quite all the whining. It really  doesn't effect anything in it's currently implementation (for good or bad).

Originally posted by aesperus

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Legendary gear (all legendary gear) has slightly higher stats than exotics atm. It's been this way for a while. However, the difference is so small it's more or less insignificant.

Personally, I wish they'd just makem all the same stats, to quite all the whining. It really  doesn't effect anything in it's currently implementation (for good or bad).

No, it doesn't have.

It was planned to have - that is why certain tooltip tools in certain websites are wrong but they changed because of the outcry.

Man, stop doing wrong statements.

By the way:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

New Rarity Type: Ascended

In November we’ll unveil the first Ascended items. This new rarity type falls between Exotic and Legendary on the spectrum of rarity and has slightly higher stats than Exotics.

Ascended gear works a little bit differently than other gear types. The stats and functionality normally added to gear through upgrade components are actually built into Ascended items. Instead of upgrade slots, Ascended gear has Infusion slots, and rarer versions of the items also come with additional Agony Resistance built into them. Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes.

The Future of Items Progression

This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.

You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be"

In red for you.

Originally posted by Ethos86

How much effort was it to get that full exotic set... not much really. Yesterday I upgraded my aquatic weapons to exotic, even knowing they will add ascended in the future.

What content is really that challenging that your personal skill can't overcome it? You could do everything at lvl 80 with rare gear if you are not a crappy player, you don't even need exotic. Exotic gear was there to make it just more chill and comfortable, and for the people like me who like to max the stats anyway.

Now it's okay, you also want to max your stats... so you feel the need to have ascended. But then why do you think you have to get everything without any effort. Cmon it's silly. First you guys complain there's nothing left to obtain after you have your character on exotics, now you cry and be lazy. In this weekend's update there will ascended rings added and an ascended backpiece.

Sooo... they add a very good version of a backpiece, which people complained about there wasn't an exotic version from it. So you don't have to replace that exotic... the best one was a gold or a green one before.

You only have to replace 2 exotic rings, by 2 ascended rings. For each character if you rly have multiple lvl 80's. Wow... what a freaking stat increase right now and what a huge effort... yes they will add more ascended in the future but what do you wanna do all day? Dance in Lion's Arch? There's more then enough time to aquire the optional stat increase items. For all we know your exotics might not even be obsolete but required to upgrade them to ascended, we don't know yet how the aquireing works for these new items.

Sometimes i rly hate this MMO community. Full of entitled pricks who are never pleased and always whine. You guys are silly.

And let me tell you. Within a few years, when you move on to another game and never play GW2 again. All your achievements and aquired gear will be obsolete anyway. It's a game... go with the flow of the game or quit, don't cry about it as if your life achievements depend on it.

They promised a game that wouldn't have a gear tread mill. If they continue realeasing better armor/upgrades stat wise and if you need preivous armor/upgrades to do new content then they officially added gear tread mill. Its not about how long it takes or how much better it is. Its about what game they sold us. 

I've stopped playing already (as of the finding out about ascended gear). I already gave ANET $200+ (I like to gamble). If they clearify this issue then it will be good for everyone because we will know if gear treadmill is in or not.  If they say say progression is content locked (meaning it has no affect on future content) thats the best of both world IMO and I will happily spend more money in the future. If gear treadmill is here to stay, then telling everyon now will prevent headache later when people lose ALL TRUST in ANET for not being clear on the subject.

EDIT: I wasn't one of the peopel who cired about not having anything to work towards after getting a full set of exotics. I was telling those people to STFU and play a different game because the game was markted as not having gear treadmills. You want something to work towards, go after dungeon armor or legendaries was my response. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Whether you call it "treadmill" or "progression", it's still the same thing. We got a screw-you answer we all expected.

And this answer yet again confirms that all modern game developers and publishers care only about money and totally disregard their fanbase. EA and BioWare are just ahead of the curve with their blatant greed and arrogance but other companies aren't far behind.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

Originally posted by Ethos86

Another person that doesn't read all Anet post and then comes bashing.

Another person that doesn't make informed buys so he doesn't care if the product he boughts behave like was described or not.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Too late to cover up where this game is heading. Exactly what many were expecting.

Game was grindy anyway, grinding DEs, grinding hearts, grinding vistas - not much difference imho

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

/my 2 cents

It doesn't matter how much better the gear is. It matters if they added better than ascended gear, in stats, in the next update and if Ascended gear is needed to even have a chance at doing the next content update. Thats the issue. Thats the reason I dont play games like WoW. I hate gear treadmills. GW2 wasn't suppose to have them. 

Also, your math is wrong. Once the entire set, and entire set of ascended armor will be nearly 40% better than an entire set of Exotics. Futhermoe, its currently 5 points better, not two.  

Oh wow, five points, I better rush out and get some redbull. I'll need to pull several all nighters to get that stuff! Seriously dude, calm your britches. Chances are, no you wont and if you do...you'll already have it by some odd means. I'd be willing to bet that Anet will hand you an ascended ring for shits and giggles. This is no different than getting ascended in GW1. You talked to some dude in a mission and bam. Sure you had to work to get there, but it took little time/effort. The ascension was needed to fight the mursaat and it had a viable purpose. It wasn't some "you need this to compete in PvP" or "you need this to enter this zone and live" bull crap that you're probably worried about.

it took me no time at all to get exotics and will take no time to get this new gear as well. I didn't even lose sleep over that stuff. And what's so wrong about having something that's needed to fight a certain enemy. Would you fly to the middle east with a butter knife and ask to fight insurgents? No you'd probably want to bring a gun or maybe a few of them and a tank. Theres a process to purchasing a gun - getting the liscense - concealed carry - etc.

Honestly I see this as being no different from GW1 and the mursaat.

Originally posted by FromHell

Too late to cover up where this game is heading. Exactly what many were expecting.

Game was grindy anyway, grinding DEs, grinding hearts, grinding vistas - not much difference imho

No it wasn't. A full set of crafted exotics with custom stats (not fully customizeable but close) could be bought on the AH for about 10gold. All the other stuff was optional to have a fully "maxed" character. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

/my 2 cents

Oh wow, five points, I better rush out and get some redbull. I'll need to pull several all nighters to get that stuff! Seriously dude, calm your britches. Chances are, no you wont and if you do...you'll already have it by some odd means. I'd be willing to bet that Anet will hand you an ascended ring for shits and giggles. This is no different than getting ascended in GW1. You talked to some dude in a mission and bam. Sure you had to work to get there, but it took little time/effort. The ascension was needed to fight the mursaat and it had a viable purpose. It wasn't some "you need this to compete in PvP" or "you need this to enter this zone and live" bull crap that you're probably worried about.

The problem is I don't know if it stops here. I played GW1 for years becaue I hate gear treadmills. When they added that aspect in, you didn't get better armor stat wise for adding it to your armor. You simply could complete those missions easier. ANET choose to add higher stats to placate the "I NEED TO BE MORE POWERFUL!" crowd. Their response doesn't say if this will be the last time they add im better. I'm fine with progression. I'm not find with vertical progression in the form of getting new gear all the time, especially when it involves RNG. If new content gives new gear that makes that content easier without adding to your power (no more adding more stats to gear) then it would be the best of both worlds

it took me no time at all to get exotics and will take no time to get this new gear as well. I didn't even lose sleep over that stuff. And what's so wrong about having something that's needed to fight a certain enemy. Would you fly to the middle east with a butter knife and ask to fight insurgents? No you'd probably want to bring a gun or maybe a few of them and a tank. Theres a process to purchasing a gun - getting the liscense - concealed carry - etc.

Again, its not about time. Its about will new content require me to have this new gear to start off with and give me better gear on top of it later. Will they then make that new gear required for even NEWER content.

Honestly I see this as being no different from GW1 and the mursaat.

See orange. Also that if ANET doesn't use these mechanics to gate content then I'll be happy. If new content is simply made easier by gear you get in said content that doesn't futher add to your power (which would make ascended gear from FOTM no longer the best gear stat wise) then its a perfect system IMO. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher