Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet answers to all this forum whining ;) it's on official GW2 forums

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Raekon
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Originally posted by xpiher Didn't answer anything. See my post on real answer
    Why you people don't read properly is really beyond me: - Ascended gear = agony resistance - Agony abilities only coming from certain enemies in certain areas This already answers that you can even stay in your exotics and enjoy future updates as long as you don't go after these types of mobs in the parts of the areas they are. You can even risk to go there with a group that has ascended gear and try your luck as also maybe survive if you manage to stay out of harm (or interupt when they try to use this skill on you). Was the  same against the Mursaat in GW1. You could survive even without infused armor but it was very hard cause you could die very fast through their agony skill. Same thing applies here. The main difference is only that in GW1 you could infuse your current armor and only need to reinfuse if you changed to a other one while in GW2 you need the ascended armor and it's defensive ability slot for that. Hope this makes it a bit more understandable.
    You would be right IF THEY DIDN'T ADD HIGHER STATS TO ASCENDED GEAR and then say "We will continue with this type of progression in the future" Its not clear at all. This isn't the same as Agony from GW1 either. In GW1 you could Ascend any gear in the game. This gear is tied to RNG as well. 

Higher stats comparison in PVE

You can live longer than a level 11 in a level 11 area if you play properly and can withstand more damage after you got scaled down then someone with lower armor - You can also do so in level 80 areas.

Higher stats in dungeons

Applies to the same comment I did about PvE as long as you are playing equally good to the guy with the lower armor

On the top of it your whole team benefits from it which is a good thing.

Higher stats in WvsWvsW

If you get zerged by a team you will die the same way others with lower armor die.

If you come across a very skilled player than you, you will die even in a 1vs1 no matter if he has blue gear on or not because of the scaling and the buffs depending on how good your server does

Higher stats in spvp

not existant so it won't make any difference

Difference between exotics and ascended

- gem slot vs infusion slot - Stats given by gems, runes and sigils are base stats inascendant items.

- ascended higher stats in vs exotic more flexibility - more flexibility at the cost of lower power.

- ascended boosts 3 stats only vs exotics can boost up to 6 stats through the upgrade slot at the same time -ascended can boost 6 stats as well, vide picture.

The design decision was good because

- it gives level 80s more to do -doesn't need stats for that.

- it doesn't break the game - changes game core filosophy

- it doesn't make exotics or legendaries useless unless you are up against opponents that are using agony - legendaries are fine, exoctics are less powerful.

- the addition isn't random but rather connected to the lore which opens more possibilities for future content --no reason it had to require a slot.

- adding new gear with new looks  and more skins gives people that like to collect more to do aswell (yeah I know they could do that with new skins only aswell) exactly

- the exotics and all the other armor have an upgrade slot, replacing these with a infusion after millions of people are having on would lead only to issues that the developers and players would have to endure - you could make it an aplied property, a la GW1, you could make it a rank

Adding a new item instead is giving them more control over it, less coding issues which means less players affected if at all. - they are upgrading legendary items aswell, could be another alternative method

There is no sugar coating it - Arenanet added stats because, and they say so, want to give progression players more progression.

Of course progression players will get Ascendant items and demand more progression stats.

What will Anet do then?

(that is assuming the progression types actually come back for a +10% boost everyone else can get aswell -progression types always strike me as exclusivist, they want the best items in the hands of only a minority).

I'm not sugar coating anything and you didn't even bother to understand half of what I wrote.

The games philosophy didn't change nor do the ascended give you 6 stats either.

Flexibility at the cost of power = balance and I'm sure we all prefer balance to overpowered stuff.

Alone your "you can do the same in the level 80 zones" shows it cause I'm pretty sure a level 11, stays as level 11 in a 80s zone.

The problem here is that you went on a witch hunt the first time you read the first article and holding upon your opinion no matter what others say or prove to you while even ignoring what the devs themselves are telling through their blogs all the same.

If you wanna be THAT stubborn and think you know it all better, trying to counter every valid argument from everyone without having a clue about game development yourself, then go ahead and do it.

You are doing well in it in the several threads by putting down anyone that says otherwise to what you have setup your mindset upon anyway.

For me is this discussion with you over, cause I'm not willing to waste my time talking to a person with a tunnel view that doesn't allow himself or others to look left or right but rather only in one direction.

The direction he choose to look only.

Have a great day.

The ascended have the gems stats as base stats - if an exotic with a gem can boost 6 stats so can an ascended with that gem as inherent stats.

Additionally instead of having 2 rings with same base stats and then add different gems, you might as well just add the 2 different rings and let the higher stats make up for it.

I'm pretty sure a level 80 in a level 80 zone with better gear can durvive better than a level 80 with lesser gear- obvious is obvious.

By the way, people will be boosted to level 80 in lost shores.

I've read the devs blogs - they say the sky is still blue even though it is red now. What they say and what they are doing is a different thing.

You just want to say they didn't change the direction of the game for some reason.

Of course it changed, I can see it.

Yes, I put down wrong arguments.

If you want to say they didn't change direction then use correct arguments, draw correct paralels with GW1.

Which one is better?

68 power vs 63 power, 68 precision vs 63 precision, 10% MF vs 7% MF.

It is even more curious because Anet says Ascended items themselves are better than exotics.

You can look left or right, just don't tell me what is in front isn't there because it goes against what you believe and are things you think it is negative (that is why you are trying to say the ascended items aren't better).

Ascended items are better, ascended items are gear progession

You ok with it?

Awesome.

Just don't tell me Arenanet didn't defended a cosmetic progession over stats progression and that the items aren't better (which is stupid since it is fairly easy to see that 50>48, 18>15, 10%>7%).

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Isn't ascended in between exotic and legendary? What kind of treadmill is that it's going backwards lol

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Isn't ascended in between exotic and legendary? What kind of treadmill is that it's going backwards lol

Legendary are a cosmetic reward only and they will always have the same stats as the previous tier.

That means up until (and atm as well since there are no ascended weapons yet) now legendary stats=exotic stats and now it will be legendary=ascended.

If you post the wrong tool tip image from guildhead or guildwars2guru database or something of the sort I'll slap you.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    "I'll slap you."
    Why is this tickling me more than it should? xD
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

As an ex-GW1 player and current GW2 player, I am rather dismayed by this change. I don't really like gear progression and since my early raid days in AO, DAoC, and the like, I vowed never to waste that much time again acquiring uber loot in an MMORPG.

GW1 had the perfect system in my opinion: the more expensive armor looked nicer but that was it. Max armor was max armor whether it looked the same as something a level 1 character wore or not, and it was easy to obtain a max stat set. Sure there were some different tiers of weapon quality, but generally weapons with max stats and all of the bells and whistles were pretty easy to acquire.

GW1 PvE was all about acquiring new and powerful skills and exploring the world.

People are now going to be actively playing to acquire new sets of gear because it makes them more powerful, the entire focus of the game shifts away from the virtual world that I thought was supposed to be the main point of playing GW2 as it was advertized. Instead of catering to explorers and killers, the game is targetting mainly achievers. Even though people here are claiming that the differences between the exotic and ascended items is only 5 points (that was for only one stat I noticed), who in their right minds would not get a full set of ascended and PvP with it? All the PvPers I know go for things that will slant the odds in their favor, and in a game like EVE people pay hundreds of thousands of ISK for ship modules that seemingly have a minor bonus to them.

How easy will it be to acquire the ascended stuff? How many hours of gameplay will be required to obtain enough to go deep into the dungeon that basically requires it? How penalized will players be that do not want to engage in this sort of content? Will I be left completely behind by my guildies because I do not want to do this type of content?

The whole thing smells fishy, and the ANet response really does not answer anything very clearly and is worded in such a way that it leaves open many possibilities, including the addition of a full blown raiding style endgame if they deem it as appealing enough.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Thats nice. PVP is still a broken morass and should have been addressed first that last patch was a joke, and they had the audaicity to waste our time making some shiney new progression gear, when half the classes have broken mechanics. Sorry I am not in this for dungeon hopping, stop making fluff crap for carebears and fix the damn pvp or dont waste our time.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    "I'll slap you."
    Why is this tickling me more than it should? xD

Er...are we playing slap and tickle now?  Thought that was a British thang.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish
    Thats nice. PVP is still a broken morass and should have been addressed first that last patch was a joke, and they had the audaicity to waste our time making some shiney new progression gear, when half the classes have broken mechanics. Sorry I am not in this for dungeon hopping, stop making fluff crap for carebears and fix the damn pvp or dont waste our time.

I am in total agreement with this person's sentiment. Short and to to the point!

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by MosesZD
    Originally posted by skydiver12

Nope that's not an answer. (i don't expect any - Anet is like every bad company out there)

They need a LOGICAL step from Exotic to Legendary.  So they're doing it with Ascended.    They've told you this.   It is the answer and it does answer the question. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'la la la la' and pretending they didn't answer the question doesn't change it.

The reasons they gave for this choice of action on are very poor - it is based on feedback by players (considering I wasn't asked for feedback since BWEs, I wonder where was this player feedback collected, forums vocal monority maybe?) that were getting bored because there was nothing to do once you got exotics.

Do you agree with them, that there is nothing to do once you hit level 80 and get exotics?

See gamebreaker.tv Guildcast of this week to see the same concerns raised, even if without the over the top comments of some people.

I agree that this may be the result of the vocal minority trying to make this game fit their mold of what an mmo should be.  I am hoping this is the last time Anet makes a tier change like this.  That's where the wait and see part comes in for me.  If they start adding tiers on a regular basis, I'm out.

However, there is a way to combat the vocal minority (and, yes, I think it's safe to assume they are vocal on the forums - that's what the forums are there for).  The "silent majority" needs to get vocal about what they want.  Anet can't read minds.  If they hear people tell them they want something and no one else tells them differently, how are they supposed to know?

Either way, I personally think the argument is silly at this point.  We don't know many things about this new tier and we don't know if this is a one time deal or not.  Maybe we should chill a little, let Anet know (calmly!) what we want, and see what they do with it?

What ever happened to game companies having in game polls at login?  If they really wanted our feedback with a good slice of the subscriber base, they'd go back to that practice.  They listen to the vocal minority because they're lazy and the casual majority rarely if ever fights back.

Originally posted by Vorthanion

What ever happened to game companies having in game polls at login?  If they really wanted our feedback with a good slice of the subscriber base, they'd go back to that practice.  They listen to the vocal minority because they're lazy and the casual majority rarely if ever fights back.

The curious thing is that during the BWE, you would have pop ups asking how hard or easy, interesting or dull, you find this or that event, what you thought about the first 10 levels and such.

It was all 1-5 and you could also add a comment.

The curious thing is that during the BWE, you would have pop ups asking how hard or easy, interesting or dull, you find this or that event, what you thought about the first 10 levels and such.

It was all 1-5 and you could also add a comment.

And who exactly are the type of people to do betas?  That's why ou do the polls at the release of a game in order to get a wider cross section of the player base which would give developers a better way to determine the game's future direction and verify if your audience likes the current direction or choose a new one based on broad consensus with development filters of course.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I really don't have anymore desire to play GW2 anymore, the game is a mess with broken stuff everywhere, even the new dungeon kicked our party out when fighting the ascalon boss, the npc as part of the chain event is also broken, Ive grinded hours to get all my exotics and now they come up with a new set for me to grind all over again.  I stopped playing WoW years ago because of all that nonesense, I'm sure not going to do it in another game which sold me on the idea there was no grinding.  Before the fanbois tell me that I don't have to grind, you don't get any where if you don't grind.

These one off events should run over a week, not everyone has the time to devote to 3 or 4 specific days, not that the event is running as it should in the first place.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Anaba77

Well, this guy is talking about no treadmill and that new gear will be available from more content (new and old) so it doesn't feel a grind.

For me that's an answer and tbh I hate it when ppl whine before content is released.

/my 2 cents

I don't care about the content. I care if there will be new gear after ascended that will be required to do future content. And it doesn't answer anything because 

" We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features." 

This could mean anything! It could mean more gear, it could be Ascended armor with future upgrades that can placed into that slot. I want to know what they exactly plan! 

And like my edit says. ITS NOT ABOUT THE CONTENT.  I care about direction!

What would make any new gear "required " in order to complete new content? Your own mind? I don't believe there's a game mechanic that checks your armor to see if it's top end before letting you in to play that content... I think this is more of a need to keep up with the joneses, which is a personal flaw, and not a game flaw.

If you think others won't let you group with them because of your gear, then group with like minded players that already have the same gear as you, there are apparently enough of you out there. Play the contents as if that armor/weapon doesn't exist and take as long is it would have taken you to kill those stronger mobs, and take as much damage as you would have IF that other gear didn't exist.

And who exactly are the type of people to do betas?  That's why ou do the polls at the release of a game in order to get a wider cross section of the player base which would give developers a better way to determine the game's future direction and verify if your audience likes the current direction or choose a new one based on broad consensus with development filters of course.

In this case people that pre-purchased the game.

Originally posted by Emeraq

Well, this guy is talking about no treadmill and that new gear will be available from more content (new and old) so it doesn't feel a grind.

For me that's an answer and tbh I hate it when ppl whine before content is released.

/my 2 cents

I don't care about the content. I care if there will be new gear after ascended that will be required to do future content. And it doesn't answer anything because 

" We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features." 

This could mean anything! It could mean more gear, it could be Ascended armor with future upgrades that can placed into that slot. I want to know what they exactly plan! 

What would make any new gear "required " in order to complete new content? Your own mind? I don't believe there's a game mechanic that checks your armor to see if it's top end before letting you in to play that content... I think this is more of a need to keep up with the joneses, which is a personal flaw, and not a game flaw.

If you think others won't let you group with them because of your gear, then group with like minded players that already have the same gear as you, there are apparently enough of you out there. Play the contents as if that armor/weapon doesn't exist and take as long is it would have taken you to kill those stronger mobs, and take as much damage as you would have IF that other gear didn't exist.

"New Condition: Agony

In the upcoming Fractals of the Mists dungeon, we’ll introduce a new monster condition called Agony.

This extremely dangerous condition ticks percentages of player health away and can’t be cleansed by normal means. Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must. The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions, a new type of upgrade component that can be acquired in the Mystic Forge."

We can discuss what is optional content, what isn't, whatever.

But lets not pretend that:

a) Not using max stats is gimping yourself. Anet also knows that, that is why in sPvP everyone starts with everything available (actually an improvement over GW1);

b) That they didn't say that they will be introducing mechanisms that will hamper progression once you inside the content.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

/my 2 cents

In the upcoming Fractals of the Mists dungeon, we’ll introduce a new monster condition called Agony.

This extremely dangerous condition ticks percentages of player health away and can’t be cleansed by normal means. Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must. The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions, a new type of upgrade component that can be acquired in the Mystic Forge."  I stand corrected, and will agree that if they do not add infusion slots to exotic gear, that they are in fact making new content that is not playable without acquiring the new gear... I wonder though did they indicate the content absolutely, positively could NOT be completed without this gear?; perhaps they anticipate a group of good players can get through the content fast enough to survive?

a) Not using max stats is gimping yourself. Anet also knows that, that is why in sPvP everyone starts with everything available (actually an improvement over GW1); I am currently in gear 6 levels below my character level, so I completley understand that I'm gimped, but I'm not crying about it, I'll do something about it but on my own terms. If new gear didn't exist in PVE and the mobs grew stronger with new content naturally you'd be weaker compared to the new mobs (even in current top end gear), so  isn't it completely normal to want an edge? If new gear didn't exist would these same players that like their current exotic gear being top end start crying for changes? Would they be crying for them to either gimp the new mobs because they are too powerful, or would they cry for an improvement in gear (either their current gear or a new tier)? Agony aside, It seems to me that the issue remains in the players mind and the need to have the best.... Armor/weapon progression exists from character level 1-80, if 80 is to remain max level for us but mobs continue to grow stronger say level 100+ comparitively, won't we want something to offset that?

b) That they didn't say that they will be introducing mechanisms that will hamper progression once you inside the content.  From what you linked above, yes I gather your progress would be hampered but many players are saying MMO's now-a-days are too easy, so this hampering could be an added degree of difficulty... but my question about whether they indicated it absolutely could NOT be completed without the gear stands.. I didn't read that in the above text, and I'm searching the web for answers.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Love the first comment. If what they are added is an 'expansion  pack worth of content' then holy crap, those are tiny expansion packs. XD

Anet Redrick asside, I really don't see where they are getting how it really dispells what everyone isn't happy about. I'm one for earning loot mind you, but taking a stance from a person who isn't about working to earn something (aka a sense of accomplishment) it just feels a bit lack luster and more so a "We are adding it no matter if you like it or not, and its going to involve grinding" which to be fair, is what keeps people involved. Its going to be the same farming you have been doing (grinding for cash) but just involving more specific and new content. 

Again, I'm the type that feels like working for gear helps build a sense of achievement, so I'm for that change (granted I'll admit I have 0 plans of playing the game ever again) but as for an answer, while its nice to hear from them, it seemed to mostly push redrick and just push them off in a 'its not going to make you that much better' argument that people will likely just not like considering how bipolar it can be where it 'exists fully or exists not at all' (which btw, it EXISTS RIGHT NOW). I get people like to get all of the gear and be done, but really then what? My only issue is the WvW advantage it could give for having it, outside that it at least has something to work for in pve

/my 2 cents

This extremely dangerous condition ticks percentages of player health away and can’t be cleansed by normal means. Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must. The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions, a new type of upgrade component that can be acquired in the Mystic Forge."  I stand corrected, and will agree that if they do not add infusion slots to exotic gear, that they are in fact making new content that is not playable without acquiring the new gear... I wonder though did they indicate the content absolutely, positively could NOT be completed without this gear?; perhaps they anticipate a group of good players can get through the content fast enough to survive?7

a) Not using max stats is gimping yourself. Anet also knows that, that is why in sPvP everyone starts with everything available (actually an improvement over GW1); I am currently in gear 6 levels below my character level, so I completley understand that I'm gimped, but I'm not crying about it, I'll do something about it but on my own terms. If new gear didn't exist in PVE and the mobs grew stronger with new content naturally you'd be weaker compared to the new mobs (even in current top end gear), so  isn't it completely normal to want an edge? If new gear didn't exist would these same players that like their current exotic gear being top end start crying for changes? Would they be crying for them to either gimp the new mobs because they are too powerful, or would they cry for an improvement in gear (either their current gear or a new tier)? Agony aside, It seems to me that the issue remains in the players mind and the need to have the best.... Armor/weapon progression exists from character level 1-80, if 80 is to remain max level for us but mobs continue to grow stronger say level 100+ comparitively, won't we want something to offset that?

b) That they didn't say that they will be introducing mechanisms that will hamper progression once you inside the content.  From what you linked above, yes I gather your progress would be hampered but many players are saying MMO's now-a-days are too easy, so this hampering could be an added degree of difficulty... but my question about whether they indicated it absolutely could NOT be completed without the gear stands.. I didn't read that in the above text, and I'm searching the web for answers.

There is no denying gear progression already existed.

The content, aside explorer dungeons, is fairly easy and clearly not built to punish a player not fine tuned.

Still, a player with gear around his level will have an easier time, especially against mobs 5 level higher. After levelling alts I can see the difference.

The offset to the gear progression present is that maxing stats wasn't that hard and you only had to do it once per character.

Difficulty based on stat buffs to mobs offset by player gear stats is basically a zero sum.

I would rather see better team coordination and combos as a requirement to defeat higher dificulty content.

In this case people that pre-purchased the game.

You are being wilfully obtuse.  Hardcore gamers are the primary beta testers and not representative at all of the majority of MMO gamers and certainly not representative of the casual gamers GW2 is suppose to be targeting.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I havn't read this whole thread but thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

From Anet's reply it just seems they consider smaller progression to be less of a treadmill than larger progression.. which doesn't really help their position here. Just because the reward bonuses are smaller doesn't it make it any less of a treadmill.. now it's becoming the same old treadmill we are used to but we get even less out of it compared to what we already had. ANet's approach here is actually worse than what we had before... because at least we get substantial rewards the old way. Very, very poor system design imo.

The carrot is still there.. we will all seek out any and all minor gear improvements.. just like we will seek out any and all major gear improvements. We can't help ourselves.. it's not optional, human nature goes against ignoring self improvement. Since it was concieved, the whole RPG genre goes against ignoring better gear, even pen and paper RPG's. If better gear is there, it is not optional to go seek it out. You are doing it wrong if you don't.

Doesn't matter how they wrap it up.. this is a carrot on a treadmill just like everything else, but being on this treadmill offers you less.

Raid gear in other RPG's isn't required if you don't raid.. GW2's gear isn't required if you don't do their new dungeons. There is no difference.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by Skymourne

i'm sorry but that is a great answer.  I'm not sure how much more you want from them without them spoiling the entire event.  You guys aren't happy about ascended gear.  it's not that big of a deal.

Umm I want to know if Ascended gear is the final tier or not. I want to know if I'll need Ascended gear and the agony resistence to even have a chance at completing the next content. I want to know if my gear will be outdated in the future.

Its not a real answer since they don't address the communities concern about gating content, gear grind treadmill, or gear orrinatated character progression. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EVENT

They will tell you..... when they feel like it.

There you go answer recieved.

lock thread

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Looks like our fears were justified. From reports:

Ring get awared after you complete level 10 fractal, in the bouns chest

Condensed essence is a random number generated drop throughout the entire dungeon that is account bound. If you want the back piece (which will be needed for future content updates) then prepare to mindlessly run fractals all day. 

So not only is there treadmill and its grindy, its the worst kind of grind: Random drops :/

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125

Condensed essence is a random number generated drop throughout the entire dungeon that is account bound. If you want the back piece (which will be needed for future content updates) then prepare to mindlessly run fractals all day. 

So not only is there treadmill and its grindy, its the worst kind of grind: Random drops :/

I believe you only need one condensed essence to make the acended back piece and its probably the easiest material you need to get. 

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Condensed_Mists_Essence

I got it just after completing level 1 fractal.

I don't think you need to be worried about them adding multiple tiers of gear. There was definately something missing between exotic and legendary and they're trying to bridge that gap. Exotic is too easy to get. Just get to 80 and buy full exotic off tp. Bam. Best gear. There should be more to aquiring the gear with the best stats than just that and that's what I think they realized after they launched the game.

So if they every announce a tier beyond ascended, then ok you can start complaining again, but until then I think your fears are unjustified. I definately felt like there was something missing and now I'm very happy they are adding the ascended gear.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by fayknaym

I believe you only need one condensed essence to make the acended back piece and its probably the easiest material you need to get. 

I don't think you need to be worried about them adding multiple tiers of gear. There was definately something missing between exotic and legendary and they're trying to bridge that gap. Exotic is too easy to get. Just get to 80 and buy full exotic off tp. Bam. Best gear. There should be more to aquiring the gear with the best stats than just that and that's what I think they realized after they launched the game.

So if they every announce a tier beyond ascended, then ok you can start complaining again, but until then I think your fears are unjustified. I definately felt like there was something missing and now I'm very happy they are adding the ascended gear.

Yeah but that would make more sense if Legendary had higher stats than exotics which caused a huge gap of missing stats. But that was not the case now is it? Legendary were only different because they were more flashy. That was the only difference.

So why try to fill the gap which never existed in terms of stats?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by fayknaym

Execpt essence is a random drop. I've spent a little under 10hrs in fractals already. I have yet to get one. Apparently they increase in dropping chance once you hit level 10 and at level 10 you get an ascended ring after completing the daily. Assuming your group is godly, you can get to level 10 in 10hrs. I'm level 6. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher