Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet missinformation and censorship on the official forums

13»

Comments

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by MsGamerlady

I'm thinking they're deleting post that aren't constructive. They're similar to these forums where you have many post by frustrated consumers who don't know how to breach an issue with out being overly dramatic. Tactful well thought out post go a long way in relations to a company. If one can't do that any clamoring will be by and large non-productive.

*bows* perfect. Best response award.

Really, I was thinking *the opposite*, considering how the OP in question was the most constructive, well thought out post I've seen in years.

Originally posted by MosesZD

Here's a post on the official server that's soon to be deleted....    The kind of 'innocent post' people come here to complain about:

Okamakiri.8746

The idiocy and fanboism in this thread is astounding. Not releasing planned changes WEEKS in advance is a terrible practice in any game. In 10+ years of MMOs, I have seen countless of examples of terrible design decisions being reversed or changed prior to patch going live because people were given ample time to discuss them, do the math, and bring to light issues with them BEFORE the devs just push them live and potentially cause permanent damage to the game. Using “get rich quick” schemes as an excuse to avoid this common industry practice is just pure stupidity.

Btw, it’s also a terrible practice to NOT have a scheduled down time for patches and hotfixes and to feel it’s perfectly fine to kitten on your customers with a 3 minute notice before you boot them from the game while they’re in the middle of an event or a dungeon run. Anyone defending such practice is either ignorant or blinded with their infatuation for the game.

This post will probably be deleted for making too much sense and being too blunt for this sensitive community.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Where-are-the-patchnotes-for-the-nov-15th-patch/first#post730043

At least he's self-aware he's gone too far.   But not self-aware enough to understand he's a complete jerk.    I'm sure, in a day or two, he'll start a thread about how 'mean' ANet is on some forum somewhere...   And a bunch of people will, as always, fall for it...

An intelligent person would see past the *slight* attitude and see the rock-fing-solid point he just made.

Banning him for being confrontational while ignoring his message is akin to grammar nazis. A devolution of reason.

It's a bit frightening to witness this, to be honest.

Originally posted by Popori
    I wonder what ANet is doing to cause such anger and distrust amonst its userbase?

While you make a clever point, it's unfair because you'll always get users who feel this way, no matter what you do.

Originally posted by SirFubar

I'm just glad they are banning all the QQers. I just hope to see all these people out of the game asap, seriously. Those people are the plague of every single MMO because most of them are MMO hoppers and they won't ever be happy with any kind of MMO because they don't know how to love a great game for what it is, even if they clearly bought a game that wasn't for them.

This is true.

These people ruined WoW for me by DEMANDING homogenized classes (if that class has this skill, so should I!)

But the fault lies with the developers for listening to them. Never forget that.

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by dimnikar
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion Originally posted by MsGamerlady I'm thinking they're deleting post that aren't constructive. They're similar to these forums where you have many post by frustrated consumers who don't know how to breach an issue with out being overly dramatic. Tactful well thought out post go a long way in relations to a company. If one can't do that any clamoring will be by and large non-productive.
    *bows* perfect. Best response award.
    Really, I was thinking *the opposite*, considering how the OP in question was the most constructive, well thought out post I've seen in years.

My statement was a general one. Not naming names here nor was it pointed to the OP.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Sounds more like youre grasping at straws to me. Anet is sticking to their game plan and keeping the game as grind free as possible. But at the same time they want to deliver new content and new things to work towards for the players who like shiny things. Trying to find a happy balance between the two is hard - hell, I'd like to see you try it in practice.

But what's most astounding is that people are doing all this whining, bitching and moaning and are totally forgetting one fact. We're barely 3 months into the game's release and they're already bringing us new content.

On top of that their time table was very tight. They had August to release, september to prepare for the Holloween event, and then octover/early november to prepare for this. The fact that they are so organized internally that they can pull all of this off in a timely manner is quite impressive. Three months into release most other games were still fixing class balance issues and terrain glitches.

Which is what they should be doing since there are still hundreds of class bugs, balance issues and terrain glitches!

Not to mention them spending time on developing a "diminishing rewards system" to make up for their bad dungeon design that was so full of holes (literally) that every single dungeon had a shortcut. Yes, every single one had at least one exploit or still has them.

Screw the new content, fix the game.

Or have both, you self centered gamer.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

At least half of the things you are pointing out as "truth" on the first post are straws you are grabbing so you can use it as a valid point and things that actually the players and their behaviour are responsible off instead of the game itself.

Sit down and think for a minute, then read carefully again and check the backgrounds of your posting, then you might understand what's wrong with it.

While you are at it, you should also think about your overgeneralization of things you did here by lenghts, that are not as bad as you portray them in game.

I helped level 30s to finish the story, I helped 35s in explorable modes aswell.

The beauty of this game is that you can indeed beat the dungeons with ANY type of team as long as you play properly.

By that I don't mean graveyard runs either.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by taus01

This thread has been deleted from the official forums without any reason. Banns have been issued to the people posting. Please spread this information.

I did not get banned, i am merely reporting this to the various gaming press outlets. I know friends in game that have been banned for as little as quoting an ANet developer.

I think you have issues. You flail FFXIV around as the best and shiniest release up to date when its having clear issues and it has not even officially launched (for the second time) yet, and then you criticize how the other company makes their business?

Let Arenanet do their business the way they want, if it is bad business model then their income will dry up at some point anyway. Your word has no effect on the outcome what so ever, what you are doing here is just looking for others acceptance of your thoughts because you cant come to terms with them yourself. Please grow up.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

maybe a mis-reply?

this thread is 9 months old

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Nadia

maybe a mis-reply?

Nah this thread was linked in another active post where the OP of this thread was white knighting FFXIV.   

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

maybe a mis-reply?

Indeed. But also my bad for replying here, I didnt realize it was this old of a thread. However my claim still stands about him.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by evilastro

maybe a mis-reply?

Nah this thread was linked in another active post where the OP of this thread was white knighting FFXIV.   

White Knighting FFXIV Version 1.0 was just... think of it like the planets aligning in our solar system... it was special.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please do not necro old threads.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.