Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet missinformation and censorship on the official forums

taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

This thread has been deleted from the official forums without any reason. Banns have been issued to the people posting. Please spread this information.

I did not get banned, i am merely reporting this to the various gaming press outlets. I know friends in game that have been banned for as little as quoting an ANet developer.

=== Snip ===

*1. “The game will be released when it’s done”. Yet at release date several of the things that were promised and were sometimes even indicated as being ‘top priority’, weren’t “done” (and several of those still aren’t available):*

• account security measures (these were only implemented after launch, when the damage was already done) 

Eric Flannum

security is a big, big priority for us.

Martin Kerstein

We are taking account security very serious and there will definitely be ways to protect your account.

• measures against botting (still being implemented) 

Eric Flannum

Discouraging the use of third party programs that exploit the game and negatively impact the experience of others is a top priority for us.

• no guesting (still not available)… which is becoming more and more of a concern now that world transfers are limited to once a week: 

Martin Kerstein

When Guild Wars 2 launches, you will also have the option to play with your friends on another world with our free “guesting” feature.

• no rollback functionality for accounts (still not available)

And I won’t even mention spectator mode or ladders for pvp, as ArenaNet has been evasive about when those would be made available from the very start (and I’m not much of a pvp person anyway). 

*2. Dyes are character bound, not account bound.*

In short: a lot more grinding is required (or cash shop purchases) to get all the dyes you want on all characters.

Eric Flannum

And what we do is, as you find sets of dye, you unlock them for your account. So as you unlock dyes for your account, your characters just have them available for them.

Kristen Perry

Once you unlock the color, it will be available across your entire account, not just the individual character.

3. No dedicated healers, every profession was supposed to be equally viable in all roles, and every profession would be equally welcome in a party.

Yet (for example) the guardian (with most of its stills being support/healing based) is so close to a healer that he is always welcome in a party, 90% of his skills are support oriented, whereas a thief or ranger (with much less support options) are often refused from parties and are much harder to spec for support (with far less options). In short: ArenaNet’s implementation of professions failed to make them all truely equal.

*4. No need for “LFG” for hours to get into a group.* Yet the cities and the lower level zones are filled with people just looking for a group who wants them so that they can play through a dungeon in explorable mode. This is actually a follow-up to the previous point… if all professions would be equally effective at all roles, then nobody would have a reason to refuse people from their party because they are a ranger and not a guardian.

Also, there isn’t enough motivation to play through story mode dungeons with lower level players. A level 35 player wanting to do Ascalonian Catacombs will have to spend a long time looking for a group, because very few groups actually want a level 35 stranger in their party when they do dungeons. There isn’t any kind of reward for the party for playing with lower level players.

*5. Ever branching story:* with only 1 ending and several knots where branches come together again, these story branches are extremely disappointing. 

I would at least have expected different endings if you choose The Vigil, the Durmand Priory or the Order of Whispers.

Colin Johanson

Every race has three branching dynamic stories right off the bat where they can pick from. So, for example, the humans you can pick to be from the city streets, the city nobility, or a commoner, and based on that choice you get a completely different personal story than somebody else. And then within that story, there are more branches that you can make decisions that further branch the story in other directions. So, I can be from the commoner class and you can be from the commoner class and we might experience a different story because of that. And then if you take that and say, all those options are available just for humans, then the other four races all have all these other completely different branching stories you can do as well.

This is just plain misleading. Very few of the branches are only available to one race, most of the branches actually are identical and not race dependent at all.

It’s not a branching story, it’s a ‘merging’ storyline… it starts off with a couple of different branches per race, but it quickly merges into one main storyline, with a few very small branches (paths) along the way that quickly merge back into the main story. After the first few levels, what race you took and what options you chose at character creation quickly become irrelevant, and you are all merged back into the one story thread.

*6. No grinding dungeons for tokens. Earlier on in the development, PC Gamer spoke to Eric Flannum, and he confirmed:*

Eric Flannum

“It’s more of a badge system, so this is something that we did in Guild Wars 1 as well. Our basic philosophy is that you should never complete a piece of content and get something you don’t want. So it’s going to be the case where you go through and are guaranteed to get a piece of gear that you didn’t have before, and that you’re going to want.” So, you’re guaranteed to get a piece of gear every time you do a dungeon? “Yes.” Sweet.

By now we all know how much grinding is required to get the dungeon pieces.

In fact, there wasn’t supposed to be any need for grinding at all. 

On top of that, there is a severe lack of personal goals once your have reached max level and you have explored all the zones. There aren’t any long-term goals worth going for, other than the dungeon gear (or the legendary gear). So if you don’t want to pvp, all that’s left to do at max level, is the repetitive grind.

Colin Johanson

Most MMOs these days make you grind and do really repetitive, boring content over and over again. There are moments of fun, but then you’re back swinging your sword over and over again, chasing around a moth or an ogre that’s standing around in the world doing nothing. That’s the part of the genre we think players are done with. We want to make something that’s better than that.

Eric Flannum

I think MMOs have two primary stigmas attached to them that non-MMO gamers hear and drives them away. The first one is the ‘grind’, the idea that you’re going to have to do a repetitive task over and over again… we wanted to eliminate that.

We don’t want the player to ever have to grind and do something they don’t want to do to progress in the game.

Isaiah Cartwright

We expect content—not long, grindy progression—to be the deciding factor that keeps people playing our game. We want everyone to stick with Guild Wars 2 because our content is fun and enjoyable, not out of some dogged determination to slowly, slowly advance.

*7. No gear treadmill...* yet after we reached max stat gear (exotics), ArenaNet first introduced Legendary weapons, now Ascended armor, and in the future Legendary armor… all with better stats. The rare gear (legendaries) was supposed to differ only in skin, not in stats:

Colin Johanson

The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.

Mike O’Brien

Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games – we leave the grind to other MMOs.

*8. Zones remaining “relevant”:* although the level scaling is a great idea, as it is right now, the game encourages grinding in only 1 zone: Orr. If you’re playing in Orr, you can easily make 6+ gold per hour and you can work on gathering resources that can be used to craft legendary gear. If you’re playing in any other zone in the game, then you can count yourself lucky if your “scaled up” rewards net you 2 gold per day, and you can forget about those legendaries.

Which is the main reason why Orr is still full, and most of the other zones are almost empty. There is nothing in those zones to entice players to keep coming back and do the events there again. Meaning that in many zones (even on full servers), a player playing through those zones will never be able to do the group events or take on the champions… because there’s simply no one else around to help out.

So please up the rewards in all other zones in the game and give every single zone something unique and worthwhile, to make it more interesting for max level players to return to every single zone and replay them over and over again.

On top of that, the scaling still doesn’t work too well, making lower level content far too easy if you’re scaled down from level 80 in full gear… even more so if you’re in a group. It doesn’t “remain challenging” as was the intention.

Right now, instead of addressing this problem of replayability, ArenaNet is spending most of its time into making new and higher level content to give players something new to grind for… and if that works, then Orr could soon see a significant drop in population as well.

*9. No crafting of throwaway items.* As it is, the tradingpost is a joke. Some higher level items are in huge demand and cost a fortune, while the TP is filled with loads of lower/medium level items that nobody wants. Players who want to level up their crafting skills are forced to make a fair amount of throwaway items.

Eric Flannum

Our goal with our crafting philosophically is that you’ll never make an item that is a throwaway item. You’ll always be making something that is going to be valuable to someone. Whether it’s for yourself, whether it’s to put on the auction house, whether it’s a consumable that people want, there’s never a time when you’re just making something to increase your skill and then you’re just going to vendor it or chuck it or whatever else you’d do with it afterwards.

And finally, a few more of my concerns:

• The rates on the trading post and the currency exchange (gems) are ridiculous (15%/36%). Have a look at the rates on auction sites like ebay, as they are much more reasonable. 

• Inflation on gem prices is ridiculous. On release date you could buy 100 gems for around 25 silver. Right now you’ll need closer to 90 silver for those same 100 gems. And still very few people actually consider it worthwhile to pay real money for gems to transfer them to gold.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Comments

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Yeah, it's getting ridiculous over there. Don't feel bad for being banned.
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by IPolygon

I did not get banned, but some people i know did. I am merely spreading the word to make people aware how they run the game and forums.

• RomeuFCRRomeuFCR Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by taus01

I did not get banned, but some people i know did. I am merely spreading the word to make people aware how they run the game and forums.

You mean like every other company out there?

Yeah, these companies today... not being all honest and stuff. Damn our high expectations, I was promised a pink unicorn that shat fudge cake, they better deliver it fast if they know what's good for them, I'm one step from writing a very angry QQ thread myself.

Oh wait I'm just being intentionally silly... like I said, this is the same pattern observed in countless other MMOs... so, better stop playing MMOs entirely if you don't want to deal with this.

Just my 2 cents.

Playing:

RIFT, EU Blightweald Server

Waiting to see:

ToR, TERA, GW2

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Oh stop it with the QQ already. If I were ANet I'd be sick of it by now, too.

Developing a game takes time, maintaining a game takes effort and time, perfecting a game takes effort, time and will never be possible as long as some people are never satisfied.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Indrome

Developing a game takes time, maintaining a game takes effort and time, perfecting a game takes effort, time and will never be possible as long as some people are never satisfied.

I was about to say that you shouldn't use words "ANet" and "perfecting" in the same sentence but then I noticed you didn't.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Game is a few months old, it just starting to craw, after the crawling they can learn to stand up, then they can learn to walk, and finaly after learned that they can start to run.

MMO development are never done, always room for improvements and things to learn.
    When their reaching their 1st year things will be improved alot.

DOnt expect mmo's to launch with 8 year of development like wow had.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by RomeuFCR

Yeah, these companies today... not being all honest and stuff. Damn our high expectations, I was promised a pink unicorn that shat fudge cake, they better deliver it fast if they know what's good for them, I'm one step from writing a very angry QQ thread myself.

Oh wait I'm just being intentionally silly... like I said, this is the same pattern observed in countless other MMOs... so, better stop playing MMOs entirely if you don't want to deal with this.

Just my 2 cents.

No, it's not the same.  I thought TOR was bad, TSW (beta) was bad, but neither of them compare to ANet.  The GW2 forums are the worst I've ever seen for this sort of thing.  It's a terrible way to treat customers, and its probably costing them.  

Maybe its because of being B2P, they can't stop people from posting, who don't play anymore.  Maybe that's why they were reluctant to have a forum at all.  I can just imagine how ugly that could get, but I think they really need a better solution.  Maybe disable forum accounts of people who haven't logged into the game within a week, or something like that, I dunno.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, don't you hate when people complain about things. I want them all to be mindless slaves of the corporations and accept everything they say for face value. That is how things should be run, after all: 

The Company is the King, not the customer!

Don't you hate people QQ'ing about QQ'ing? Man that is such a drag and these companies are all right and we need to protect them from the bad customers that want to harm them.

Originally posted by Mothanos

Game is a few months old, it just starting to craw, after the crawling they can learn to stand up, then they can learn to walk, and finaly after learned that they can start to run.

MMO development are never done, always room for improvements and things to learn.

And WoW was utter shit when it got released (and still is). Figures...eyh?

PS: I am not QQ'ing or complaining, i just copy pasted an article that got censored and people got banned for it. If you want to attack someone please complain to the original creator over at the GW2 Forums. Thank you.

• RomeuFCRRomeuFCR Member Posts: 58

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, don't you hate when people complain about things. I want them all to be mindless slaves of the corporations and accept everything they say for face value. That is how things should be run, after all: 

Don't you hate people QQ'ing about QQ'ing? Man that is such a drag and these companies are all right and we need to protect them from the bad customers that want to harm them.

PS: I am not QQ'ing or complaining, i just copy pasted an article that got censored and people got banned for it. If you want to attack someone please complain to the original creator over at the GW2 Forums. Thank you.

If you relay something that is crap onto others, you're just as responsible as the original creator of the crap. Or just like those corporations you mentioned, you also don't like to admit your responsabilities?

And yes, corporations are Kings, you're just a worthless pawn with a wallet, the sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

And yes, I do hate when people complain... complaining is for the weak. Action is what makes things happen... logic huh?

I'm here for constructive discussions, not mindless whining and qqing. If I could I would delete all those threads, people need to rise up and fight, not sit around writing angry threads... like that's going to change anything ahahah :D

Playing:

RIFT, EU Blightweald Server

Waiting to see:

ToR, TERA, GW2

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Just my 2 cents.

Well, I am one who likes to believe someone's word. If a company praises a game's design in each interview and builds upon their loyal fanbase with philosophies they think are great, and then burn the foundation of their own game to the ground, one would at least expect some kind of dignity. I haven't had unreasonable expectation for their game, just a good game with a soul that reminded me of GW1, but taken a step further.

With the upcoming update that soul is lost and GW2 moves behind WoW and into the ranks of all the other sub-par MMOs that tried to do something on their own, but then turned to be like WoW...and fail(ed). The way how mods on the official forums handle stuff is bad, really bad. They merge threads that originally have not much in common but use the upcoming content update as a start. If you merge all threads together, everything falls apart. You won't be able to follow the initial discussion.

A lot of those threads were constructive and expressed an important point. The reason why so many people feel hurt is because ANet broke an important promise that was literally presented in your face in a couple of blog posts. Even by ANet's own studio head. I still like the game for its gameplay, but it has lost its touch or at least will with the upcoming update.

If you relay something that is crap onto others, you're just as responsible as the original creator of the crap. Or just like those corporations you mentioned, you also don't like to admit your responsabilities?

And yes, corporations are Kings, you're just a worthless pawn with a wallet, the sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

And yes, I do hate when people complain... complaining is for the weak. Action is what makes things happen... logic huh?

I'm here for constructive discussions, not mindless whining and qqing. If I could I would delete all those threads, people need to rise up and fight, not sit around writing angry threads... like that's going to change anything ahahah :D

This is the best fake angry ranting i ever read, you sir are one hell of a comedian, well done! Me and a few work buddies are in tears laughing.

Oh my god, the way you snuck in that "rise up and fight" quote is pure genius!

Double plus good!

Just my 2 cents.

Well, I am one who likes to believe someone's word. If a company praises a game's design in each interview and builds upon their loyal fanbase with philosophies they think are great, and then burn the foundation of their own game to the ground, one would at least expect some kind of dignity. I haven't had unreasonable expectation for their game, just a good game with a soul that reminded me of GW1, but taken a step further.

With the upcoming update that soul is lost and GW2 moves behind WoW and into the ranks of all the other sub-par MMOs that tried to do something on their own, but then turned to be like WoW...and fail(ed). The way how mods on the official forums handle stuff is bad, really bad. They merge threads that originally have not much in common but use the upcoming content update as a start. If you merge all threads together, everything falls apart. You won't be able to follow the initial discussion.

A lot of those threads were constructive and expressed an important point. The reason why so many people feel hurt is because ANet broke an important promise that was literally presented in your face in a couple of blog posts. Even by ANet's own studio head. I still like the game for its gameplay, but it has lost its touch or at least will with the upcoming update.

Agree, if it says "Made with 100% pure Orcish meat" on the tin i expect no Goblin meat in it. What has happened to holding up the companies to their word?

I understand that things take time, but if it is been advertised as "In the Game" or "On Release" on multiple sites and in Interviews with the Gaming Press then it better be there.

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

Our Studio Design Director Chris Whiteside just posted this:

“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
    Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."

Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Sounds more like youre grasping at straws to me. Anet is sticking to their game plan and keeping the game as grind free as possible. But at the same time they want to deliver new content and new things to work towards for the players who like shiny things. Trying to find a happy balance between the two is hard - hell, I'd like to see you try it in practice.

But what's most astounding is that people are doing all this whining, bitching and moaning and are totally forgetting one fact. We're barely 3 months into the game's release and they're already bringing us new content.

On top of that their time table was very tight. They had August to release, september to prepare for the Holloween event, and then octover/early november to prepare for this. The fact that they are so organized internally that they can pull all of this off in a timely manner is quite impressive. Three months into release most other games were still fixing class balance issues and terrain glitches.

Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Sounds more like youre grasping at straws to me. Anet is sticking to their game plan and keeping the game as grind free as possible. But at the same time they want to deliver new content and new things to work towards for the players who like shiny things. Trying to find a happy balance between the two is hard - hell, I'd like to see you try it in practice.

But what's most astounding is that people are doing all this whining, bitching and moaning and are totally forgetting one fact. We're barely 3 months into the game's release and they're already bringing us new content.

On top of that their time table was very tight. They had August to release, september to prepare for the Holloween event, and then octover/early november to prepare for this. The fact that they are so organized internally that they can pull all of this off in a timely manner is quite impressive. Three months into release most other games were still fixing class balance issues and terrain glitches.

Which is what they should be doing since there are still hundreds of class bugs, balance issues and terrain glitches!

Not to mention them spending time on developing a "diminishing rewards system" to make up for their bad dungeon design that was so full of holes (literally) that every single dungeon had a shortcut. Yes, every single one had at least one exploit or still has them.

Screw the new content, fix the game.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Just my 2 cents.

Agree, if it says "Made with 100% pure Orcish meat" on the tin i expect no Goblin meat in it. What has happened to holding up the companies to their word?

I understand that things take time, but if it is been advertised as "In the Game" or "On Release" on multiple sites and in Interviews with the Gaming Press then it better be there.

I can understand your points entirely, as I have stopped playing GW2 awhile back, it just lost it's edge on afew things.
    I kind of find it funny the other guy stating that WoW had a eight year devolpment cycle, that is dead wrong, basicly trying to stick up for GW2 , even though the game is the same old same old nothing new at ALL, and any veterans of the MMORPG genre, ( Not the ones who only play WoW ) will understand where I am coming from, Shadowbane , SWG Pre NGE , UO , EQ, Merdian , DAoC ect ect those had different mechanics , play styles ect , but GW2 is the same as any other new mmorpg to be released , save for TSW , Tera .

So did Anet really keep their promises? No not really, but does that make GW2 a bad game? Hell no,however the game needs alot more to be really called a mmorpg.

• UnderbridgeUnderbridge Member Posts: 16

Just my 2 cents.

I am with you brother... *grabs torch*  TO ARENANET and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll show them.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by TheIronLegion Sounds more like youre grasping at straws to me. Anet is sticking to their game plan and keeping the game as grind free as possible. But at the same time they want to deliver new content and new things to work towards for the players who like shiny things. Trying to find a happy balance between the two is hard - hell, I'd like to see you try it in practice. But what's most astounding is that people are doing all this whining, bitching and moaning and are totally forgetting one fact. We're barely 3 months into the game's release and they're already bringing us new content. On top of that their time table was very tight. They had August to release, september to prepare for the Holloween event, and then octover/early november to prepare for this. The fact that they are so organized internally that they can pull all of this off in a timely manner is quite impressive. Three months into release most other games were still fixing class balance issues and terrain glitches.
    Which is what they should be doing since there are still hundreds of class bugs, balance issues and terrain glitches!

Not to mention them spending time on developing a "diminishing rewards system" to make up for their bad dungeon design that was so full of holes (literally) that every single dungeon had a shortcut. Yes, every single one had at least one exploit or still has them.

On top of that, the "We're barely 3 months into the game's release and they're already bringing us new content." which follows the analogy of a tasty sandwitch ordered, got a half-backed bread with missing salad but added crap.

Of course the fanboy fraction will enjoy their added flavor.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by karmath

This has happened before, and will happen again, again and again.

You people seem hell bent on buying every single last fucking cancerous hype clone and expect it to be different than the last.

Want a good game? Stop buying rubbish, you only have yourselves to blame.

Yeah I like buy any and all mmorpgs , I don't get hyped to much at all, the only one I am hyped for like crazy right now is PS2 , cant stop playing the god damn thing LOL

And what you're missing is that they are fixing them. Did you know that when the Lost Shores opens there will be a patch to add massive class changes; Some 20+ changes to the engineer alone. Most terrain glitches have been plugged up. Most DE's have been fixed though there's no denying the still existing broken ones. Most of the dungeons have been updated and shortcuts done away with. So your point is moot. They have multiple different teams working on different things. They are more than capable of fixing the game and bringing us new content at the same time. They can pat their head and rub their tummy too.

Please just stop. This content, the Halloween event and the November patch, were most likely already nearly completed when the game launched. They are still fixing class balance issues and bugs three months in just like every other MMO.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Originally posted by karmath

This has happened before, and will happen again, again and again.

You people seem hell bent on buying every single last fucking cancerous hype clone and expect it to be different than the last.

Want a good game? Stop buying rubbish, you only have yourselves to blame.

Yeah I like buy any and all mmorpgs , I don't get hyped to much at all, the only one I am hyped for like crazy right now is PS2 , cant stop playing the god damn thing LOL

I'm playing PS2 now also. It's one of the only games on the horizon that I'm considering taking seriously.

Originally posted by Underbridge

Please just stop. This content, the Halloween event and the November patch, were most likely already nearly completed when the game launched. They are still fixing class balance issues and bugs three months in just like every other MMO.

[mod edit]

Actually it isn't an alt account...thank you very much. I don't hate GW2. I actually like it for the most part. It didn't hold my interest as long as I thought it would, but it is a good game for what it is. I do agree with the OP that it wasn't exactly what they sold us on and they seem to be changing to cater to the unwashed masses. I understand why they are doing it, they are a corporation after all and they do need to make money. They just spent too much time in the beginning flaunting their "vision" and now they seem to be wavering on it. I only posted on what you wrote because it makes me ill when people spend so much time defending a corporation and giving them credit where credit really isn't due.....

[mod edit]

Actually it isn't an alt account...thank you very much. I don't hate GW2. I actually like it for the most part. It didn't hold my interest as long as I thought it would, but it is a good game for what it is. I do agree with the OP that it wasn't exactly what they sold us on and they seem to be changing to cater to the unwashed masses. I understand why they are doing it, they are a corporation after all and they do need to make money. They just spent too much time in the beginning flaunting their "vision" and now they seem to be wavering on it. I only posted on what you wrote because it makes me ill when people spend so much time defending a corporation and giving them credit where credit really isn't due.....

Is WoW what they sold you on day 1? Is SWTOR what they sold you? (dont ansswer that) What about LOTRO? or Aion? Games change, mate. They change based on the player base. If the players ask for something its up to the devs to either ignore them and keep doing their own thing or listen to them and give them what they want. Despit teh beliefs of some misguided individuals...this game actually does need players to stay alive.

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

I'm thinking they're deleting post that aren't constructive. They're similar to these forums where you have many post by frustrated consumers who don't know how to breach an issue with out being overly dramatic. Tactful well thought out post go a long way in relations to a company. If one can't do that any clamoring will be by and large non-productive.

This discussion has been closed.