Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best mmorpg right now

2»

Comments

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    Lol , just play what ever pleases you. One person will say that MMO is the best while another will say it's garbage. It's a endless circle. If you can't figure out for yourself what pleases you , then please get out of the MMO world.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

try:

EQ2

Anarchy Online

Vanguard

Lineage 2

Aion

None of these are any worse than the newer stuff, and some are pretty fun with a lot of core mechanics.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Release: 12.12.2012

Full Loot

one,huge Open World

aim based combat ( like in any Shooter)

massive battles around player owned cities

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by icemand1
    Hello guys im looking for a new mmorpg, so what is the best MMorpg right now in your opinion and why?

1) Depends on what you want.

2) INB4 "every new MMO sucks ass, and only the sandbox will purge us of these inferior pieces of shit"

3) What MMOs have you already played, so we can cross those off the list?

Best is all subjective, one peron's best is another person's garbage.  Sandbox is not the future and will never be mainstream, it would best to merge the 2 styles and take the best features of both themeparks and sandboxes and make a great game that appeals to alot more players

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by Then
    Rift, rift and rift :)

+100

Trion is helping me to restore my faith that MMO developers really do have the ability to build and maintain a great game.

I never tried it. But you guys got me thinking I should. So... downloading the Lite version now.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Funny when people say mix the two to make a hybrid, just shows they have no clue what a real sandbox is lol. Dont need to add themepark trash to a sandbox. Marority of sandboxes have quests and player content with rivals any themepark. Add them together how? Themeparks = no features, no end content, no crafting, forced dailies, pvp, warzone, and raids for content....

Sandbox = skies the limit. Why would anyone want to add themepark to a sandbox lol.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Still eve
    Depends which themepark and which sandbox onomas.

E.g. you took the best of planetside and put that with the best of say perpetuum, that would be cool.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by vayman

+100

Trion is helping me to restore my faith that MMO developers really do have the ability to build and maintain a great game.

I never tried it. But you guys got me thinking I should. So... downloading the Lite version now.

It's a very solid MMO. Lots of different things to do. It's not going to be some second coming of Christ, if that's what your looking for, but it's fun. Isn't that what we want out of an MMO? Fun?

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by vayman

+100

Rift is a good MMO, I play the game and currently feel it to be the best available. But it's not without it's flaws. And some pretty big ones at that. Rift doesn't really begin to show it's true worth until you get closer to endgame. The leveling aspect is your standard theme park fare. Give it a shot, but I don't think 1-20 is where Rift shines. It's not bad, but I did quit the game (and came back) a couple times. Once was while leveling.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Despite what some here will claim, this is actually a pretty good period for the MMO Genre. Since you didn't give much in the way of guidelines, I'll just throw out my picks for various categories.

Best F2P: Lord of the Rings Online

Best PVP: Aion

Best Fantasy: Guild Wars 2

Best Modern: The Secret World

Best Sci-Fi: Eve Online

Best Jack-Of-All-Trades: World of Warcraft

Best Crafting: Vanguard

Best Housing: EQ2

<3

Best mmorpg right now - eve
    Honourable mention - gw2
    Best mmo right now -planetside 2 baby!
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

For sandbox: Eve

For PvP: Toss up between Darkfall and Planetside 2, GW2 gets an honorable mention, it might get there in a year or so.

For PvE: Vanguard

Fot FTP: Vanguard.

• zenomexicanzenomexican Member Posts: 2
    RaiderZ atm, even though it's filled with bugs and dupes.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

It's vwey subjective of course. Somebody's Heaven is other person's Hell.

Best MMO for me is SWTOR. Never had so much fun in game in my life.  Never was affected by MMO in the way SWTOR affects me. Stories are epic especially IA and Sith Warrior (for me) and my characters are as part of me as it can be imaginable.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Vanguard, the game world is amazing, the player base is one of the more mature and friendly around, even if the numbers aren't the best. However it seems to be growing, large amount of new players and old players returning at the announcement of the new dev team and support.