It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
i know this sounds a bit stupid but, has anyone tried this?.
an MMO where players start in a pseudo medieval age, then as history progresses, devs keep putting technological developments, things like the discovery of gun powder allow for the use of cannons and muskeets in combat, then later, steam engines allow for the creation of mechanical vehicles, including tanks, steam powered barges and airships. and later achieveing space travel, first to another planet in the same solar system, then the next star system, and later, to the whle galaxy?
i know i know its a crazy idea, but to be honest, it would be interesting. the only issue i find is the gamelpay changes, the shift from swords to guns its a big step, magic keeps the same and could evolve with the time, but players who like to melee would have to change to ranged combat.
it would be a really long process also cause you have to think:
1. resources (from wood and stones to high tech allowys)
2. crafting (the crafting "curve" would be like playing EVE in terms of learning)
3. combat(again, from the uggah buggah with obsidian spears and wooden little canoes, to holy sh*t laser sables and capital spaceships)
4. transport (from land, to sea, to atmosphere, to spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace)
5. clothing(both armor and vanity clothing, how do style works in a simulated environment?)
6. cities and constructions (changing architecture and the rise and fall of empires)