Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member

Actually due to this thread…

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/first

I am leaving the game as well.. don't take me wrong its a good game and all, but this changes everything for players like me. I wish everyone a good farewell and gl in the future, for some will like this. I however, do not and won’t participate. This was NOT suppose to happen in GW2 according to so many interviews and post from the devs. It feels like a slap to the face to be honest, the grind was never to be part of GW2 never, now it is if you want to "compete" and it seems this is just step one in many more releases according to one rep that said basicly collect threw out the year and into the future.

Yeah, GWoW2 , no thnx.

You can discuss and say the exodus won't happen, but i know for FACT i won't play this game ever again. Meh I got my 50 out of it and I know a few that feel the same. I could be wrong here, but I never seen so many say "yeah, I am done too" and talk about playing Magic The Gathering 2013 and more , I think Anet is going to bite a big bullet on this move. Just my thoughts on it anyways.

I realize there is a thread about this topic so this is more about people actually leaving over it. I beleive many will as I will. I have yet to go back to starwars the old republic for promises broken there so I see no reason to go back to gw2. Your thoughts? Are you leaving? have you just thought "bah I don't care!".

Just seems like another money grab, just like the "there will be no changes in this up-coming maintance" ,, people log into WvWvW and now siege equipement only last exactly 10min then the previous 30min. Seems GW2 to me at least is becoming a money hog.

-chaintm

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Comments

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,153Member Uncommon

kinda, but they can come back when they want since it is not a sub game.

the new grind disappoints me though. I was hoping we would not go in that direction.

Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • tryklontryklon PortoPosts: 1,370Member Uncommon

I left long ago, when I realised dungeons were just stupid, with no startegy whatsoever, corpse running cr*p tht is... No loot, waste of time bullcrap.

As such, since im mainly a pve player, I left

• chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member

Yeah, I thought the same thing, not like it's a montly , but you know it was the same reason i never went back to finish stuff in gw1 to get the hall of bla bla bla... it gets to a point you need to grind so much gear it gets boring. This is what they just did to gw2 after the 100's of interviews and notations of NEVER DOING IT!

If you ever thougth about doing something "well we might" you never say never is the old saying..So they killed themselves by saying it over and over and over. Or, basicly just lying to the casual playing public.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon

Hell no the population for gw2 hasnt  slacked up at all.

I've been trying to get on Tarnished Coast for a fucking week to play with friends. FULL

Just charge for fucking transfers already so i can pay and move please.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Originally posted by vigg2004
    Originally posted by chaintm

the grind was never to be part of GW2 never

[mod edit]

It was touted over and over again that the only thing you "could" grind where skins. hell even the legendary skins when you look at them are just silly, but the devs put them in saying. "well we added sort of a grind if people really want to and you will definitly be noticed!"

legendary skins was the answer. however now, this is not the case, which for me is just not worth it , I don't have the time.

• moguy2moguy2 Saint Peters, MOPosts: 337Member
    Gold sellers are people too. Sorry they are taking up your slot =(
    Originally posted by Toxia

I've been trying to get on Tarnished Coast for a fucking week to play with friends. FULL

give it over this weekend for more people that don't read the forums to find out there is a new gear grind in game. Your spots will open up... well wait that won't happen.

See GW2 is free to play once u bought it, I don't EVER log in again I still own that spot on that server I am on. So yeah, this is going to work out really well for everyone :P not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,778Member Uncommon

I believe that if you don't like it, it doesn't mean there is a "mass exodus". This was designed to be a casual mmorpg allowing you to come and go as you please. 

I played about 400+ hours, took a break, and play when I feel like it now. It's not a game that if you leave you have trouble jumping right back into imho.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Yeah true that, well all the best then to those that stay, I just don't see myself ever coming back to it, grind concept is well as old as well.... yeah it's freaking an old concept that should have gone away with the color tube T.V.

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    Originally posted by tryklon

I left long ago, when I realised dungeons were just stupid, with no startegy whatsoever, corpse running cr*p tht is... No loot, waste of time bullcrap.

When people work together and play smart there are no corpse runs. I solely play this game to pve and I'm having a hell of a good time.  

• ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon

give it over this weekend for more people that don't read the forums to find out there is a new gear grind in game. Your spots will open up... well wait that won't happen.

See GW2 is free to play once u bought it, I don't EVER log in again I still own that spot on that server I am on. So yeah, this is going to work out really well for everyone :P not.

What...? When server is not full, you can join. i've swapped servers twice.

The problem i think is everyone is packed into 4 or 5 servers and totally empty in the rest. So if you wanted to say people were leaving i guess you could go that route.

I go where my friends are.

But you having a char on that server logged out does not hinder me in any way lol, unless you are the one person i need to log out to be able to swap. in which case fuck you man, just log out!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• observerobserver Houston, TXPosts: 3,004Member Uncommon

I'm not sure about a mass exodus.  I know i stopped about a week before the halloween event, came back for the event, then stopped again.  I'll definitely be logging in on the 16th.  Lost Shores sounds pretty fun.

As for the "gear treadmill" causing players to leave; that would be so hard to predict.  They might actually get players back by going this route.  We will never know unless A-net releases population numbers before or after the upcoming patch, which is very unlikely.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk zagrebPosts: 1,532Member

No, not yet. Sorry. I do feel your pain, though. Better luck in a few months.

As for Ascended gear... well we'll have to see what happens. Personally I detest the WoW-style gated treadmill, but I'm giving ANet benefit of doubt. As a player I'm torn, on the one hand I have very fond memories of Diablo II and Borderlands... on the other hand I really do despise WoW's model. Since ANet has already proven capable of thinking outside the box and "fixing" concepts thought to be irredeemable... we'll see. It's not like I'm paying a sub to find out, lol :)

Personally I'd much prefer they put an emphasis on new and alternative weapon skills as their long term "elder game" rather than +2 here and +2 there gear (that's oh so lazy, ANet) but who knows what the future might bring.

• UnderbridgeUnderbridge Winter Park, FLPosts: 16Member
    Originally posted by observer

I'm not sure about a mass exodus.  I know i stopped about a week before the halloween event, came back for the event, then stopped again.  I'll definitely be logging in on the 16th.  Lost Shores sounds pretty fun.

As for the "gear treadmill" causing players to leave; that would be so hard to predict.  They might actually get players back by going this route.  We will never know unless A-net releases population numbers before or after the upcoming patch, which is very unlikely.

We could always look at the xfire numbers.... ; )

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk zagrebPosts: 1,532Member
    Originally posted by tryklon

Sir, l2p.

I'm not that interested in dungeons, unlocked most stories, done some explorables, but even i noticed that the difference between a good group and a bad group is like heaven and hell. If you're corpse running then either l2p or find a guild.

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap somewhere, NCPosts: 138Member Uncommon

umm don't think so :p

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,200Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Underbridge
    Originally posted by observer

We could always look at the xfire numbers.... ; )

LOL, you just had to go there didn't you.  I'm pretty sure xfire is the new Godwin.

Guess I should have had my title, "will the mass exodus ....." :) I have no doubt many will stay, but I know now from responses from guild members on my guild website, 7 so far are doing the same now. Many of us came in with the idea (ok we got our gear now lets just do stuff) and that pressure of gear was gone. It's a wait and see I guess.

In any case I am curious to see the outcome of this concept change and what happens. Good points thou posted here and it does get me to think a bit bigger on the subject, I guess this is that "time will tell" scenario.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern hempstead, NYPosts: 96Member

they only count current pop at the momoment...people logged in. lol, this has been clarified so many times. also, just go to the server screen and look at it ANY day in the morning vs the evening...

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon

Mass exoduce begins month 1 of any game. GW2 was no exception, and in fact probably had a much quicker one due to no monthly fee holding people back from quiting.

What your against is what tons more were for, it gave something to do outside of end game options 1.) Farm 2.) WvW more effectively.  3.) Do stuff every other MMO has but others discredit and pretend it only counts for GW2.

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    yeah, have to admit I'm done with it too. But I was kinda bored anyway, so.. there are a lot other great MMOs too

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• sketchy_sketchy_ KarlskronaPosts: 137Member

Wow people complaining about the grind in GW2?... really? And all this whine about ascended gear. I don't get it. Don't do the content if you don't like it. It's a minor difference in stats from the gear you already have.

Ye sure getting certain achievments might be a bit grindy, but don't do it then? Do what you enjoy in the game instead, I'm having a blast in WvW so that's what I do. I don't go and force myself through content I don't like because you don't have to.

Sure if there's nothing in the game you enjoy I can understand why you don't play but geeeh don't blame it on grind. The game ain't forcing anyone to grind.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I believe that if you don't like it, it doesn't mean there is a "mass exodus". This was designed to be a casual mmorpg allowing you to come and go as you please. 

I played about 400+ hours, took a break, and play when I feel like it now. It's not a game that if you leave you have trouble jumping right back into imho.

True

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by BlueLantern

they only count current pop at the momoment...people logged in. lol, this has been clarified so many times. also, just go to the server screen and look at it ANY day in the morning vs the evening...

My bad, I should have rememered this from the guild server jumps in the early mornings :P well that's my bad but good for those that want to join other servers. He might get a good chance once people find out that there is the new gear grind being introduced to the game. Hell my guild didn't even know till I posted it on the website, they thought it was just a new world event to open new content deal, not a new grind deal.

In any case thnx for the clarify / reminder. Should be good for those that stay.

• illyanaillyana quezon cityPosts: 614Member Uncommon

Yup, this weekend i heard there will be an exodus to The Lost Shores :P

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max