Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you sub $29.99 a month to a MMORPG if the game was just that incredible?

12345679»

Comments

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

If the game was quite literally _perfect_ and did everything I wanted it to and had everything I wanted out of it - then yes. $30 a month is a rather small amount to pay for something that would presumably entertain me for several hours a day, every day of every week. You pay more than that going out to see a movie once if you get food/drinks.

That being said, however, there is absolutely zero chance that game would ever exist for me, so I wouldnt ever really need to worry about it.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

almost everyone would pay $30 a month for there perfect game

even i would, and i hate subscriptions but the chance to play my absolute perfect game that dose everything i want it  to

would be  amazing 

just one small snag  my perfect game is different from everyone elses

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

If it were my "perfect" game, it wouldn't cost $29.99 a month to begin with.

My perfect game would be freeware.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I would easily pay 30 bucks a month for the game I love to play. I used to keep 4 SWG accounts subbed.

I am thinking:

1. Open world of SWG

2. Crafting of SWG

3. Dungeon style of WoW

4. Housing of SWG

5. Achievement system of WoW

6. Trion Worlds dev team

7. Combat system of GW2

8. Job system of FFXI

9. Paperdoll / appearance system of Lotro

10. Fluid combat animations of AoC

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by mikecackle

Imagine your most favorite MMORPG game ever in your head and say it exists and you play it full time every day.. And it has so much content you couldnt shake your snake at it all...Would you sub $29.99 a month to this type of game? What's the most you would pay for a monthly subscription?

Or do you think no matter how good a game is, its only worth a minimal fee?

No. I have more fun on a modded Minecraft server atm with friends then I ever had in any MMO for years. I didn't know sandbox until Minecraft. Every MMO I thought was a sandbox, wasn't. Also, Minecraft is a one time 20$ purchase. So gtfo MMO's that ask a sub for a subpar experience!

I'm sick and tired of having to pay a monthly fee for unfinished products. I will never pay a sub anymore for a team that keeps promising features in the future or finished futures even, as a carrot to keep you subbed untill they are ready. And I also don't like it when players try to justify these subs with silly reasons like 'devs need to be paid too'. That is not a player's responsibility lol. And as a player you can't be certain if the sub is justified at all. Treat MMO companies as any commercial company that tries to sell you a product and agressively compare products. So you can pick one that is good. They want your money, so make them earn it! If only the gamespress would act like that. They too should stop making up excuses for these companies.

As for the perfect MMO. Thats all nice. It might start as perfect. But MMO's are evolving products and you can't improve perfection. So any change will make it imperfect. And changes will be made. So I don't believe in it.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Can I afford it? Absolutely. Am I going to waste my money when I have a multitude of ways to enjoy my free time? No. I don't care how awesome it is, I have other options. I don't get so addicted to any one game that I won't go do other things.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

I have paid $15 for meh games.

I would pay $29 for a game that was simply very good -- at least until I hit endgame.  I would even keep playing it at endgame if the endgame were good enough to keep me playing.  In essence for any AAA I felt like playing, this level would not impede my play.

I would pay $49 for a game that was excellent and had good service.

I would pay $99 per month for the ultimate game, assuming a free month came with the box price -- It would be hard to get me to shell it out as an initial investment. 

• zekeofevzekeofev Member UncommonPosts: 240

Yes I have paid for multiple accounts for the same game for a variety of reasons (SWG, WoW, EvE) because I was either paying for my girlfriends account or because certain advantages could be had by having multiple accounts or both.

I am not oppossed to paying 50 dollars a month for a good enough game. The problem is attracting other people to play that game.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    No

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

If it really was my "dream game", hell, I'd be willing to pay 30 € for it! Who wouldn't pay that for such an incredible game (alright, students who live with their families and don't have income...) Even a full price of 50€ for box + 30€ monthly sub wouldn't be a problem then.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Can I afford it? Absolutely. Am I going to waste my money when I have a multitude of ways to enjoy my free time? No. I don't care how awesome it is, I have other options. I don't get so addicted to any one game that I won't go do other things.

I'm not really sure where that came from. No one is talking about being addicted to anything.

Since $30 is kind of "nothing", especialliy if you hit a pub once a week or get your coffee every day,, it's not like spending it on a game or cable tv or your phone's data plan indicates any type of addiction.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    I'd pay up to $50 bucks a month if the game was, as you say, "perfect". But not only is that pretty much impossible to design and support, I don't even think that modern computer and internet network technology is powerful enough to handle what some might call a "perfect" MMO.

Where's the any key?

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I guess I would if I stopped going to the bar and spending my money on liquor but I'm not going to do that when theres the option of getting laid out of the deal.
  • mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by donjuanagain
    I guess I would if I stopped going to the bar and spending my money on liquor but I'm not going to do that when theres the option of getting laid out of the deal.

$30 really aint that much money... Barely can order a pizza anymore with $30

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    no i would not pay that much a month for a game as well as purchase the game and expansions too.
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Id pay 40-50 bucks a month for my dream mmorpg.

^This. I've said it for years. No Devs have taken me up on it yet though.....

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Leiloni

I'm not really sure where that came from. No one is talking about being addicted to anything.

Since $30 is kind of "nothing", especialliy if you hit a pub once a week or get your coffee every day,, it's not like spending it on a game or cable tv or your phone's data plan indicates any type of addiction.

You're missing the point (and strangely defensive?). I'm saying while games are fun, if it gets to be too much money I have no problem deciding not to play it. It doesn't matter if it's the best game ever, I'm not so addicted to games that $30 a month is worth it to me. Just because you can do something, that doesn't mean you should.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

If it is incredible, you won't need to pay 30$.  Incredible = more people = the game should actually be cheaper.

I just look at games like diablo 3 and GW2.  The reason they can survive through the b2p model is because they can sell alot of copy.  So they dont' need the sub.  Obviously they also rack in the cash through RMAH and cashshop.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

No MMO will worth the $29.90 a month.

With $29.90, you can get a better monthly gaming deals on Steam. 

You can support a few Indie games, kickstarter and donate to the needy on monthly too.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)