Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

for 5+ years ArenaNet lied to us.....

muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
are you mad at all?  for 5 years Anet said they were different.    and millions of people fell for it.   wether or not you like the game,  do you think Anet decieved you? 

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    No.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Nope the game is very different, too much so. Mand mmo without item progression or support classes is a weak game.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Nah lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by muffins89
    are you mad at all?  for 5 years Anet said they were different.    and millions of people fell for it.   wether or not you like the game,  do you think Anet decieved you? 

No, I'm not that naïve anymore. There was a time though...back in 2008 when I joined this site and had broken up the long relationship I had with WoW ^^

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I never thought they'd be very different, and big surprise! They're not.

First they screwed up the PvP, underdeveloped it and sold it as is, despite it needing a TON of work.

And now they're destroying the only decent part of their game.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Nope.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

these are 2 quotes from Arenanet devs just over 3 months ago. 

"Here's what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can't realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don't make grindy games -- we leave the grind to other MMOs."
    -Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”
    – Colin Johanson

it's so mind numbingly contradictory.  what could have gone worng to make them change there stance so quickly?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

"Here's what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can't realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don't make grindy games -- we leave the grind to other MMOs."

Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”
    – Colin Johanson

it's so mind numbingly contradictory.  what could have gone worng to make them change there stance so quickly?

Umm... Those statements both make sense together?

It's mind numbingly ridiculous that you are unable to see that.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

If you think Anet's word is gospel yes you are going to be upset.

I am happy they introduced gear progression. I don't blindly trust gaming companies any ways.

And i see damage control squad is already in action. ;)

Originally posted by colddog04

– Colin Johanson

contradictory to what they are adding now.  ie the gear treadmill.  that colin says isnt needed.  *cough*

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

– Colin Johanson

contradictory to what they are adding now.  ie the gear treadmill.  that colin says isnt needed.  *cough*

Dude, yeah. I just saw that. You gotta add a link when you drop stuff like that. I'm comin' in fresh today.

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

I think they did this in order to add some gear progression to the pve side of things without really harming the pvp.  I really doubt that the changes made the new gear will be extremely potent.  Yes it does go against their philosophy from before but they realized people like the carrot.  

What this does is allow for pve content to be more challenging while keeping pvp on a fairly equal footing (im assuming this because it seems that the special attunment or whatever it is is only needed for the dungeon to survive beyond a certain point). It seems to me to be like resistance gear in WoW except you resist the NPC's and it has a fairly minimal efect against other players (ie minimal stat boosting).

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

– Colin Johanson

Ahh I see what your saying now.

• averice666averice666 Member Posts: 9
    I dont feel decieved and I think it is kinda neat. Also it reminds me of being ascended in gw 1 and how you had to get infused armor to survive the agony spells the mursaat used. I am all for it and happy about it. I was somewhat dissappointed about the game but I still think I got my moneys worth for a one time pay so far.

• "This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content. As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content."

- Lindsey Murdock, Game Designer

3 Months Earlier

http://venturebeat.c...s:guildwars2-16

i guess some of you arent up to speed.  but Anet is going back on their laurels.

I won't say i am not shocked but i won't deny that i am not happy with new changes either. I have got way too much flak from GW2 fans on official  forums for supporting the idea of gear progression in GW2.

I can have my last laugh now? ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

You know, muffin, you seem to honestly want to give this game bad rep. All you seem to be doing lately is degrading it. If you don't like the game, stop having anything to do with it. There are plenty of us that still enjoy the game.

To answer your question, "NO". I think you get the drift in that. Just because you need to rant about your so called letdown, does not mean others will share it. I'll leave it at this since mods love to use that tempt ban abusiveness. ;)

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

– Colin Johanson

I do have some insight to these "visual apperance" rarity item's there talking about.

Visual apperance is based off preference and taste to your suiting, you might like it where someone else doesnt. Example someone likes what the ford f-150 looks like oppsed to the chevy silverado. I know I'm talking trucks but in theory visuals are personal taste.

Where as numbers are hard coded as better because the higher the number the better the item and or rarity. If you work for something so hard it should have the highest rank (stat) it prves that you put in the work for the best.

Visuals are great in this game no doubt, prolly the best I have seen yet. As to put someone through so many hours for a visual preference where half the population might think is ugly seems trivial.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

– Colin Johanson

Here's the problem that they are now discovering.....that many of us knew for some time.

1st paragraph:

This just doesn't motivate players and is not a real form of progression.

2nd paragraph

It's not the items themselves that give us the sense of accomplishment. It's what we do with them. Not what they look like.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

Deceived, betrayed, sad, angry...
    Probably my last non f2p MMO and my last MMO that i played "seriously".

Fucking WoW threadmills.

yes becouse you must have ring with 5 power more

does this make you stronger in pve? no its like 2 more dmg in actual combat

does this make you stronger in WvW? no becouse tactic wins in WvW

food gives you  +200 of stat, gives you 10% more critical dmg so why i see only about 5% of players using it? becouse it doesnt matter, yes you are a bit stronger but anyone can kill you even without it

Originally posted by Razperil

You know, muffin, you seem to honestly want to give this game bad rep. All you seem to be doing lately is degrading it. If you don't like the game, stop having anything to do with it. There are plenty of us that still enjoy the game.

To answer your question, "NO". I think you get the drift in that. Just because you need to rant about your so called letdown, does not mean others will share it. I'll leave it at this since mods love to use that tempt ban abusiveness. ;)

I won't be so sure about that since the new changes have split the community widely. Just the check official forums and that gigantic thread with thousands of replies. OP is not the only one feeling let down.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Kind of misleading maybe. Dynamic Events are the same as quests just done in a different way. 
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

– Colin Johanson

lol well it's muffins

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I did like the game, however it's no different than the rest that are already out there. I knew they weren't bringing anything new to the table, just more of the same ole same ole from wow, rift, eq2 with a different skin. Oh but wait, no monthly fee is their claim to fame.

The game hooked me for 1 month and that was it. It's now in mmo limbo like the rest of the themepark mmo's before it.

This discussion has been closed.