Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where have all the Bot's gone ?

Comments

• Originally posted by bossalinie
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

The bots come out at night.

The bots come out at niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

They mostly come at night....mostly.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336
    Never saw one. But maybe they just moved to WoW, since their work is much easier over there ;)

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Cant say I miss them, but I doubt it is the last we see of them. War against bots is a longterm project.

Problem with bots is something that happens to most MMOs on and off.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

They all moved to WoW and are standing in queue for battlegrounds.
    Havent seen 1 bot in 5 days.
    Banhammers of Anet strikes again <3

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

It would be nice to see some of the proffessional doomsayers and habitual whiners who went on ad nauseam about bots hop onto this thread and say "well - fair enough they dealt with the bot problem and I feel I should at least give ANet a nod for that".

This would however require the prolonged intervention of Derren Brown and extensive use of orbital mind control lasers....

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    I reported 5 ranger bots in a zone and 15 minutes later they were gone.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Funny thing is people were already complaining about the price of items going up. You have bots, you complain about them. You dont have them , prices go up, you also complain..
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by freston
    Funny thing is people were already complaining about the price of items going up. You have bots, you complain about them. You dont have them , prices go up, you also complain..

The logic goes like this;

Step 1. I want to hate the game because it isn't the game I would have made.

Step 2. Trawl the entire game looking for things which are not 100% perfect.

Step 3. Repeat until you find something which seems to be trending.

Step 4. Troll the forums pouting vitriol on these elements of the game until sated*

* this proceeds from an unproven assumption that trolls are ever sated based on the logic that nothing in the universe is infinite

The logic applies to the opposite end of the spectrum;

Step 1. I want to love the game because of an undiscerning desire to see it succeed

Step 2. Play the entire game making allowances for every imprefection.

Step 3. Look at the forums for critical posts which seem to be trending.

Step 4. Shoot down the trolls regardless of any validity in their posts until they stop**

** this proceeds from an unproven assumption that trolls will eventually stop based on the logic that nothing in the universe is infinite

Such a shame that the logical and well-founded criticisms and plaudits for and of the game get drowned out in the tidal wave of crapola these methodologies engender.

Were they to be less prevalent these forums might have a chance of serving some constructive purpose.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Great news, it shows that Arenanet is indeed a very competent company.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

It would be nice to see some of the proffessional doomsayers and habitual whiners who went on ad nauseam about bots hop onto this thread and say "well - fair enough they dealt with the bot problem and I feel I should at least give ANet a nod for that".

This would however require the prolonged intervention of Derren Brown and extensive use of orbital mind control lasers....

They haven't delt with the bot  or hack problem lol.

Go to youtube and search GW2 bots and use the filters today or this week.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Sit and watch a high end node for a few few minutes.. You will see them appear out of thin air nude. After they harvest the node they disappear and instantly appear at the next node over.  This invisible harvesting is the way the bots work now and there are massive amounts of them.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by moguy2
    High end zones....They are always in high end zones...

On Underworld:

To lazy to look it up but the high end zone with the ice ships of the DEFINITLY not panda bears. 

3 groups, 5-10 bots running around. Rather obviously, dying respawning and running straight back to a simple line pattern, no armor, random names, mostly rangers. 

Odd thing was that some very low levels (mid 30s) were in there, god knows what for. But makes it all the clearer these are bots and not people playing.

The gold spam seems to have died out but the bots are still active.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Originally posted by necoo
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by itgrowls

yep they implemented a code for detecting those apps apparently. I've noticed all the trains that got reported and then return a day later are completely gone now, never see them posting gold selling crap in LA anymore.

Amazing and they did it ALL withOUT a single authenticator to take more of your money. hmmm

lol he thinks authenticators have to do with bots.

so what you are saying is that bots aren't run on stolen accounts?

Would an actually player have a name like "jo9h9j78"

Oh they were more clever than that.

They had actual names. But somehow they were always chinese sounding names with slight variation.

Chijung,Chijang,Chijan,Chijau ... example of typical bot train

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

they are gone from 1 day to another, i hate them they crashed the AH, and nobody was winning with them, anyway i think their accounts come from phishing credit cards, and that's another problem for companies like arenanet... The Arenanet was losing with them big-time and apparently they got a feature to ban bots for good. I really hate bots! and cheaters! well made Arenanet.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Originally posted by itgrowls yep they implemented a code for detecting those apps apparently. I've noticed all the trains that got reported and then return a day later are completely gone now, never see them posting gold selling crap in LA anymore. Amazing and they did it ALL withOUT a single authenticator to take more of your money. hmmm
    LOL.  get a clue.  stopping in game bots doesn't stop hacked accounts.
    He has a solid "clue". As he said, the bots run from stolen accounts. Authenticators help eliminate stolen accounts.  Less stolen accounts, less bots. /shrug  

sorry m8 but i think almost 75% of those bot accounts come from phishing credit cards, and that's a really issue for every company, they ruin their game and credit owners sooner or later will follow the lead to Arenanet and request their money back (quite improbable but happens a lot on WoW some years ago).
    Anyway they are not missed that's for sure.
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Chinese new year observance
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

You will never totally get rid of bots - you still see them, every once in a while in Rift. As the security goes up, they just need to get around the security. It happens all the time.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

There was a big wave of bans on bots last week.

It's true, I haven't seen a bot in days now.

It's like they were all victim of some genocide that only targets rangers with bears.

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81
    I have been reporting everyday for over a week the same bots on vabbi(eu),winterknell(cursed shore) one of the reasons i quit.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I'm in the 70 to 80 level zones and i've seen some there.  Haven't seen the hunter trains, but I have seen people teleporting around for nodes. 
  • EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by botrytis

You will never totally get rid of bots - you still see them, every once in a while in Rift. As the security goes up, they just need to get around the security. It happens all the time.

That explains why my Ranger who always use a bear, is no where to find in my char place. Guess he died back then.

• arobiarobi Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Did it occur to anyone that maybe anet got rid of only a portion of the botters which is why some people are still reporting seeing them. Just a thought I've certainly noticed less spam last couple days.
  • motmot84motmot84 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by austriacus

Originally posted by necoo

Originally posted by eyelolled

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by itgrowls yep they implemented a code for detecting those apps apparently. I've noticed all the trains that got reported and then return a day later are completely gone now, never see them posting gold selling crap in LA anymore. Amazing and they did it ALL withOUT a single authenticator to take more of your money. hmmm
    lol he thinks authenticators have to do with bots.
    so what you are saying is that bots aren't run on stolen accounts?
    Would an actually player have a name like "jo9h9j78"
    They create new characters when they hack accounts, if you right click on bots 99% of the time they have normal account names.

yes they have legit names like... HuenHur.xxxx and from the looks of it its chineese... I may sound stereo typing to others (and I believe I am stereotyping) but 99% of botters are from china >.>

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

'where have they gone?'

probably these forums soon posting why Anet bans them because they are honest players. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by motmot84

Originally posted by austriacus

They create new characters when they hack accounts, if you right click on bots 99% of the time they have normal account names.

yes they have legit names like... HuenHur.xxxx and from the looks of it its chineese... I may sound stereo typing to others (and I believe I am stereotyping) but 99% of botters are from china >.>

They do sometimes have "legit" names and sometimes they sound like half-Oriental names or there is something a little odd about the names they choose. But also, on my French server, they stand out because they tend to choose English names.

I saw, near the wolf shrine in the low level Norn area, a huge botcamp three weeks ago. I went back two nights ago and they were still there, though in fewer numbers (and different characters). Not all of them are rangers though, there are some warriors as well, but for the most part, they are human rangers.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.