Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Agony - the thing I am more worried about than Ascended gear

2»

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    If content after FoTM (omg I can't believe no on mentioned this is Flavor of the Month) doesn't require FoTM armor and you can start with exotics and have a chance then at completing, then I'm ok with the system. ANET needs to clearify if FoTM armor is going to be necessary for all new dungeon content and if they will continue adding higher stats to new amor. If they do, its treadmill gear grind which is why I don't play most MMOs

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

All I know is I'd like to see Infusions that work like Mega Man abilities!  

Say there are ultimately 10 "end game" dungeons that offer 10 different Infusions.  You run one dungeon to acquire an ascended piece of armor and an Infusion power that can help you complete a different dungeon.  Every new character would have to decide in which order they wanted to tackle the dungeons based on which Infusion powers they have available to them and which ones they want to acquire to use in the next dungeon.  

Do it Anet.  

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Homitu

All I know is I'd like to see Infusions that work like Mega Man abilities!  

Say there are ultimately 10 "end game" dungeons that offer 10 different Infusions.  You run one dungeon to acquire an ascended piece of armor and an Infusion power that can help you complete a different dungeon.  Every new character would have to decide in which order they wanted to tackle the dungeons based on which Infusion powers they have available to them and which ones they want to acquire to use in the next dungeon.  

Do it Anet.  

For the love of god no. Thats gear grind tread mill :(

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by xpiher
    If content after FoTM (omg I can't believe no on mentioned this is Flavor of the Month) doesn't require FoTM armor and you can start with exotics and have a chance then at completing, then I'm ok with the system. ANET needs to clearify if FoTM armor is going to be necessary for all new dungeon content and if they will continue adding higher stats to new amor. If they do, its treadmill gear grind which is why I don't play most MMOs

This

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by 1vald2

You got something wrong here. There is no "elitist" in this game. EVERYBODY is the same, for those that want a challenge, they need to get the agony stats. Otherwise, for the casual gamer there is no benefit whatsoever from getting loot from that new dungeon since this is not tier 1.5 or something. The stats on this "ascended armor" are a VERY small improvement to the exotic lvl 80 armors. Exactly like exotic -> legendary stats. Actually it's even a smaller improvement than exotic -> legendary since they mentioned ascended armor to be in between those 2. 

My guess is that ascended armor will not be as hard to obtain as legendary armor, so in a way they are catering to the casual crowd.

Thought people finally realised this isn't WoW 2.0, where the game is also called grind for top tier.

You are wrong. And the reason is that Ascended armor has higher stats, which are potentially needed for WvW and that new skins for weapons can only be gotten from said dungeon. ANET took the lazy way of increasing diffculty of dungeons. Its the same as giving a mob more health. They should of went with stuff like, in order to beat this boss you have do this puzzle or this bosses is hard because theres traps all over the place, or this boss is hard because theres a special way to kill it.

This would have indeed been the best way to go. Perhaps a questline to gain an item (amulet, ring, back items or whatever) which provided protection from Agony, or perhaps consumables in the crafting arena.

Then the possibility to do the dungeon and tackle the Agony boss(es) once so armed. It would have been great fantasy trope - Siegfried needing to craft the meteoric iron sword to slay Fafnir; Merry needing the Barrow Blade to wound the Witch King.

None of these ever required repeated failed attempts to beat the bad guy - paper slicing your way to eventual victory by getting a matching set of armour piecemeal from his minions who are inexplicably carrying additive fractions of their bosses downfall around with them.... 

.... maybe it's some sort of monster work/life balance protest....