Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

SL launch trailer and New Website

velmaxvelmax palm bay, FLPosts: 211Member

SL launch trailer has arrived and they also updated they're website, check it out!

www.Riftgame.com

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Posts: 2,205Member Uncommon

The trailer looks really good, but i'm SO done with games that basicly go "reach max level -> get gear -> raid".

Also, they should have updated their ugly and unstylish forums already, so that it matches to the overall theme of the game a bit more.

The addon might be on steam for less then 10Eur soon enough, perhaps i'll check it out then.

• velmaxvelmax palm bay, FLPosts: 211Member
    Originally posted by Volgore

The trailer looks really good, but i'm SO done with games that basicly go "reach max level -> get gear -> raid".

Also, they should have updated their ugly and unstylish forums already, so that it matches to the overall theme of the game a bit more.

The addon might be on steam for less then 10Eur soon enough, perhaps i'll check it out then.

The game is'nt like that, its moslty reach max and do whatever you wanna do, go do some dungeons, raids, Chronicles(solo duo dungeons) Dimensions(Player housing), Slivers ( 10 man raids, much smaller group), PVP, conquest. They're not focusing Just on raids, thats what i LOVE about Rift!! 

• William12William12 Saint paul, MNPosts: 680Member

while the best gear is earned from raids you earn the currency to purchase that gear from everything in the game.  Dungeons, 10 mans, 20 man raids, some daily quest/weekly quest etc.   You could never do a 10 or 20 man raid and have the raid gear.

Trion does such a great job with the trailers adding the actual game play makes them way better.  

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Richmond, VAPosts: 1,538Member Common
    Originally posted by velmax

The game is'nt like that, its moslty reach max and do whatever you wanna do, go do some dungeons, raids, Chronicles(solo duo dungeons) Dimensions(Player housing), Slivers ( 10 man raids, much smaller group), PVP, conquest. They're not focusing Just on raids, thats what i LOVE about Rift!! 

It does amaze me how people, and this isnt exclusively Rift, accuse games of being 'all about the raiders'. I would bet less than 25% of Rifts players raid current content and theyve only released one raid in the last 13 months or so, instead working on other content.  For the less hardcore they have the slivers, which are only 10 people and significantly more forgiving than the raid content (I would say they are equivalent in difficulty to WoW's normal mode raids where the 20 man raids are equal to WoWs heroics in difficulty)

With all their updates, 1 raid and 2 slivers in the last year is hardly focused only on raiders 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuPosts: 1,187Member Common

There's a lot of stuff to do in Rift.

Especially since SL arrives today.

This said the best gear in the game comes from PvP or Raiding.

• William12William12 Saint paul, MNPosts: 680Member
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

There's a lot of stuff to do in Rift.

Especially since SL arrives today.

This said the best gear in the game comes from PvP or Raiding.

except you can get the main pieces of raid ear without raiding.