Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the problem really that MMORPGs aren't hard anymore?

14567810»

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Randayn
    It's less about easy and hard....more about risk, reward and punishment for failure

Same solution. Let the players choose the level of risks/reward, like in D3.

Not in an mmo. Stop polluting a unique genre with this insane homogenization. How many options do the locust swarm of game hoppers need? You guys are going to eat up all of the crops until we have nothing left.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MMO-BPMMO-BP Member Posts: 21
    They are way too easy these days. I don't think many people want to go back to the cruel old days of hellish penalties. But they do want a little more challenge and less hand holding.
  • zekeofevzekeofev Member UncommonPosts: 240

Lack of death penalty makes everything an inevitable sucess. Inevitable sucesses become boring eventually.

The other alternative is gated challenge content (Like 5 man boss encounters or raids are). But its funny, you stick hard stuff in the world and people will just ignore it and grind on the easy stuff. (Vanilla WoW and the ogres of Loch Modan. Most commonly skipped gated content in the game)

While I do not mind death penalties or gated challenge content, many many people hate those mechanics and end up quitting. So everything is easier to keep these people in the game ><.

I can level in most MMOs by facerolling. Litterally.