Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Big PvP Changes Incoming

2»

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
    The tired unless you program a game you can't criticize is an idiotic argument.
    I can't engineer and build a new sports car but know if I test drive an early model that stalls half the time at 70 it needs to not be produced till its fixed.
    And if you sell it anyway ? You get killed in sales and press.
    Funcom did this and as a result again , their financials and sales speak for themselves.

Thats funny I was an Master Auto MECHANIC for 20 years and I seen many brand new cars have flaws from teh factory as a game does, now guess what I'm near my degree in Game design.

cars have flaws worse than a game and cars have the issues many years after they are sold... Common  issues,  gaskets issues with older fords, was a design flaw that could of been fixed but limited resoruces stop ford from fixing the issue.

So this is funny you use this to show how games are when in fact every buisness has similair issues.

I wish for once gamers would go make a game, even a flash game ...Then come talk to people who makes games daily, weekly, ALso you have investors to please, and guess what they aren't easy to deal with either, they hate taking chances its there money!!! SO before you bash, get into the field work in it then come back and I bet you will rethink and the reason I know is I used to be the same way until I started working in the field of Game Production...