Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New dungeon will give us stronger armour

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    I can't believe they're padding out the PvE.. why not focus on the broken part of their game, the RvR? You know, the feature that, when designed well, keeps people playing?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I hope Anet doesn't listen to the "Hardcore Casuals tm." I hope they stick to their guns. The game needs progression.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    This thread is reminiscent of the shock some people had when TBC was being introduced to WoW and their current top tier armor would be 'useless'.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    This thread is reminiscent of the shock some people had when TBC was being introduced to WoW and their current top tier armor would be 'useless'.

Having the developer make the items you've worked hard for and the content you've worked hard in obsolete? No bueno. 

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I hope Anet doesn't listen to the "Hardcore Casuals tm." I hope they stick to their guns. The game needs progression.

It's like the hardcore casual dont want the game to move forward but at the same time ArenaNet should of just made a proper MMO.

GW2 doesn't know what it is because with each item grind the game becomes less and less what the casuals though it was about.

Fun.

Fact is this just sets GW2 on the path of treadmill item grind but other MMOs do that better with better dungeons and trinity.

What happened to fishing or housing or guild halls.

Why didn't they just make a darkness falls type dungeon with new items that are still legendary and new skins.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

Problem with what you're saying is that by adding this gear progression they're in fact NOT sticking to their guns.  Hell it's in their golden rules!  There is not supposed to be ANY gear progression system, no gear grind.  They're blatantly NOT sticking to what they said by doing this.  (Assuming this is another real gear tier).

If they're so OK about changing their core fundamentals so quickly then the game will empty out sooner over later.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Oh this thread is going strong!!! keep it up just got back from lunch

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    And again, people have no clue of what they're talking about... I never grind for gear in GW2 and never will and that won't ever stop me from owning the noobs who think that because they have the best armor in the game, they will be able to beat the ones who doesn't have it. I also never grind for gear to be able to have fun in the dungeons. Cluesless people are clueless.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Foomerang
    Private Twitter? Lol thats an oxymoron

LOL. I heard this one the other day:

"What happens in Vegas, stays....on Facebook...on Twitter...on YouTube..." image

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Origin

Maybe we can get a aggro utility ability for warriors and gaurdians next patch.

hahaha I love it !

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

An Endless gear grind is one of the worst features you can put in an MMO. EQ and WoW both suffer for it, while the better MMOs designed AROUND it. 

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by killion81
    Does that mean that this new addition is endgame and that the whole rest of the game isn't endgame?  I seem to remember "the whole game is endgame" being thrown around quite a bit.

Who knows. GW2 still hasn't figured out what it wants to be when it grows up. Maybe in time we'll find out.

Hey grim, good to see you!

Hey hey! Back from camping (it was freakin cold!).

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Martin Kerstein

mkerstein

guildwars2 at ArenaNet. This is my PRIVATE twitter, check guildwars2 for business :)

Bellevue

Somethings are obvious but some prefer to live in lalala lands...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    if you play a thief you are good to go lol

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by sammyeli

ROFL it is.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by sammyeli

ROFL it is.

NOOOOOOOOOOO Rizel you jinxed it by quoting me. 

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    They said they will post their blog post later today. I'm still waiting for some details. What is ANet's local time right now? 16.00? They probably end work at 17-1800
    Originally posted by QSatu
    They said they will post their blog post later today. I'm still waiting for some details. What is ANet's local time right now? 16.00? They probably end work at 17-1800

4:06 PM PST is local to anet -8gmt

Carl Sagan-

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    /thread

And as for this, now Anet is seeing all the backlash so this guy is gonna call people names and try to backtrack....

I guess were all misunderstanding according to him....

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    [mod edit]

I wonder though, if the OP is gonna update his/her OP O.O

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Looks like tiered crap it is. Just like every other sorry game on the market. So much for being special.

-throws hands into the air and walks off-

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Infusion in GW1 was awesome, you can really customize your armour how you want. It's almost like mini-traits.

What? Infusion in GW1 was "not insta die to mursatt" , I dont know what you are talking about. Please elaborate.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by andre369
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Infusion in GW1 was awesome, you can really customize your armour how you want. It's almost like mini-traits.

What? Infusion in GW1 was "not insta die to mursatt" , I dont know what you are talking about. Please elaborate.

I'm curious what that person is talking about too. 

Anyway, I'm upset that they're apparently willing to go through with a complete shift in their largest design philosophy. I can't imagine why the kitten they need to pander to these dumbass "hardcore" players who are only attracted to the next shiny thing when there are people who like to play their game for fun.  

We'll see how bad this gets but this completely turned me off to the content update. I really don't want anything to do with it anymore. If you need me, I'll be working on my jumpdodgethrow in Keg Brawl.