Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: A Peek into the November Update

13»

Comments

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Verticle gear progression? I might just come back! It took me 3 weeks to get from level 1 to BiS geared on my thief. Hopefully the game lasts longer now!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    Originally posted by FromHell

Thanks, but could we get a little more coverage on other titles than GW2 as well? Seems to me like every third article is on this game. I think there are a lot other interesting titles, released and upcoming.

You name me 3 upcoming quality mmo's (not rpg console games) ...And ill credit your comment as valid. otherwise sounds like your trollin in a worth good informative article for GW2 fanbase.

Class 4, WoDO... ESO?

I dunno, it is pretty thin pickings right now and the interesting companies either keep their silence like Undead labs or focus their press coverage on other stuff like CCP with Dust.

Anet have a good PR department and deliver large updates fast so of course will we here a lot about them. But that we hear more about them than most others is frankly not MMORPG.coms fault but the other companies.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

They've really poked a hornets' nest with this update. Thread on Ascended gear on the official forums is up to 52 pages now, with most people pretty much furious that they've abandoned their horizontal progression philosophy in favour of mudflating gear in content updates.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Baeffer

Originally posted by TiiKii

I wish they would run that event thru the 'Thanksgiving Weekend'... Not just for 3 days.  After the event then what? That area just does away? If they put it in, why not keep it in? Since I have not seen any articles on a Thanksgiving Holiday at least this would occupy players thru that holiday.

Just thinking aloud folks :)

" The remainder of the content release (the pvp map, island, and dungeon) will permanently remain after the weekend event is over. "

Besides, events are fun. :)

And most of us dont live in countries that dont celebrate thanksgiving.

This is just an event to launch a new zone, ANET like having short events we players get something nice we can show off.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by raapnaap

On top of a huge pile of bugs and other issues

Vanguard had huge pile of bugs and other issues

AoC had huge pile of bugs and other issues

EVE had huge pile of bugs and issues.

Shadowbane had huge pile of bugs and issues.

SWG had huge pile of bugs and issues.

No, GW2 don't have huge pile of bugs and issues, is It a flawless game?, no It's not It do infact have bugs and issues so does every other games out there MMO and singleplayers alike [mod edit]

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Sad- how few comment about GW2 over exposure on mmorpg site has comepletely silenced writers to cover  the 'Agony' gears upcoming in the new patch and how this will change the game dramatically.

and further more they deleted my response to some of those readers-big brother is watching..

anyhoot-

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by meddyck
    I'm still grinding gold to get a full suit of exotic on one level 80 and already they're adding a new gear tier? I guess it's time to move on to the next game.

Considering it only takes one day of farming to get the gold needed for a full set of exotics, it sounds like moving on might be the best course of action for you.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by orbitxo

Sad- how few comment about GW2 over exposure on mmorpg site has comepletely silenced writers to cover  the 'Agony' gears upcoming in the new patch and how this will change the game dramatically.

and further more they deleted my response to some of those readers-big brother is watching..

anyhoot-

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

What the heck are you talking about??

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Torgrim

No, GW2 don't have huge pile of bugs and issues, is It a flawless game?, no It's not It do infact have bugs and issues so does every other games out there MMO and singleplayers alike but not as much as you would like it to have to fuel your trolling arguments.

Thanks for giving us a laundry list of MMOS with bugs. And how does it matter in context of GW2? if you are saying that all MMOS have bugs than you are just being captain obvious.

However, this doesn't make the actual problem disappear because those who play GW2 are concerned with bugs in GW2 and could care less what other MMOS had bugs on release. It has been over 2 months and bugs that were present at release are still here.

All you are doing is damage control by deflecting the issue by bringing in other MMOS.

Also it is ironic that you disagree with his experince with bugs and calling him a troll even though my experince is same and yes in my opinion GW2 has more bugs than starship troopers.

[mod edit]

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by Torgrim

No, GW2 don't have huge pile of bugs and issues, is It a flawless game?, no It's not It do infact have bugs and issues so does every other games out there MMO and singleplayers alike but not as much as you would like it to have to fuel your trolling arguments.

Thanks for giving us a laundry list of MMOS with bugs. And how does it matter in context of GW2? if you are saying that all MMOS have bugs than you are just being captain obvious.

However, this doesn't make the actual problem disappear because those who play GW2 are concerned with bugs in GW2 and could care less what other MMOS had bugs on release. It has been over 2 months and bugs that were present at release are still here.

All you are doing is damage control by deflecting the issue by bringing in other MMOS.

Also it is ironic that you disagree with his experince with bugs and calling him a troll even though my experince is same and yes in my opinion GW2 has more bugs than starship troopers.

[mod edit]

So you are putting those games I postet in the same laundry bing is that it?, GW2 is as buggy as those games? Is that  it?

what you trying to tell me that GW2 is such a bad state It's more or less unplayable?

Why I posted those games is beacuse I quoted the guy who sead GW2 is A HUGE PILE OF BUGS AND ISSUES GAME When In reality it is not, those games WERE.

And if you were around during those games launches then you should know what I mean, but I doubt you were, considering your post.

Am I defending GW2?

Yes I am with dumb respons like this, GW2 is one of the few MMO since LOTRO who had a good launch with some bugs but not game breaking bugs, but then again here ride you in and just have to point out that a game has bugs so yes in your opinion its throwned into that same laundry bing of yours.

waiting on nitpicking post form you.

I'm ready.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Well as stated the % in power on items is there becouse you dont have a slot to put in a gem in those rings instead you have the infusion slot that only work for the new condition they put into the dungeon they are implementing, why dont people read som on the official page when they state it there for a change

Crap here i talk big then scroll down and actually check pictures and they are stronger, time for sleeping i guess.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    A quest in my personal story remains broken  for over 3 weeks.Dozens have complained...and it remains broken.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Oh great,

The infusions to go in the new ascended armour to combat the new condition "agony" are got via new recipes from the Mystic Forge..  I f**ing hate that thing !!!

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

I played GW1 and bought every expansion.

I eagerly awaited GW2, which I preordered the Deluxe version and cheered at my 3 day headstart.  I purchased extra bank slots, extra character slots, totally pleased to be spending money in their cash shop because I'm supporting a great product and having a blast doing it.

Now we have gear progression, against everything Anet has ever said in relation to the franchise, in relation to this game on it's own throughout the development cycle, throughout the time the game has been in release.

If they don't revert this change, and I don't expect them to at this point, I'll never spend another penny on any Anet product.  It's not just a matter of them doing something I don't approve of, it's them proving themselves to be an entirely untrustworthy company.  I urge everyone else to cease doing business with them as well.  Paying companies to give us the shaft, to lie to us, to bait and switch...that only results in an unhappy gaming environment for everyone.  By holding these companies accountable new companies (and older companies releasing new games) will make a point of being honest with their customers as far as they are able.

Thanks for reading.  I wish I didn't have to write it, I was having a really great time until Anet borked the game today.  I've already deleted it from my computer.