Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: A Peek into the November Update

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Can't wait!

• cgniuscgnius Member Posts: 18
    sounds good. Looking forward to it
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Stunned  that WvW hasen't gotten  fixed/redesigned in even the smallest way.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    A pvp area with my name on it you know im going in there lol
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Anthur

Dear Anet Devs, you can't beat WoW on it's own playground. Many tried, all failed. Why convert GW2 in another WOW2 with gear progression from dungeons/raids ? Disappointing.....

Dear  WoW Devs,

'Pokemon', and 'angry birds' are all availible as FREE mobile games- no need to re-create games and charge em a monthly fee.

disappointing.....

<.<

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Oh great. I just love one time weekend events. Some people do have RL life you know Arenanet? While i was ok with whole halloween thingie (i would rather see that it would be longer) this just ain't right. 
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    It's just an event to enable content. Like 90% of it will stay after the weekend.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    Originally posted by muffins89
    the 'Ascended'?   so they are adding vertical progression. 

I really hope not. > < 

Infused armor and becoming ascended were story points of GW1, but had little to do with your actual worth as a character in the end game farming areas like FoW and UW, as well as any of the dungeons. And it wasn't hard to get either, you really just needed to do half a mission to talk to some dude...

If they're seriously turning this into vertical progression, then all the legendaries will be worthless and they'll marginalize a, I feel, large section of their fanbase who enjoy the horizontal progression. 

I am concerned about this too. If they add new tier to weapons it will comletely change the economy...

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

it's just infused from GW1. needed to properly fight the new enemy tpe...not likely to be the same 13% stat increase from Rare to Exotic.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

hmmm

i am confused about the new tier gear ....... i loved horizontal progression, what's this ?

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by BlueLantern

it's just infused from GW1. needed to properly fight the new enemy tpe...not likely to be the same 13% stat increase from Rare to Exotic.

I wish ANET would have clarified this though, because they are consistent on not fully clarifying things, so they let a few people shine for a brief moment lmao.

Hell this thread right here would have looked different from the start if what was known near the end of it was stated in this.

No telling what the official forums look like at the moment lol, though I hope a thread is made so a Dev can come clear it up hopefully/.

This wasn't the first time ANET did this to make those with agendas have a brief moment of excitement lol...only to find out they where wrong, it was really funny.

I think it was the Cash Shop incident and the buffs working in WvW an etc. 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    How about we get some bug fixes for classes and the game content. Along with a major rebalance and tweak on the flawed and god awful dungeons in the game????????

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48
    Coming up on 3 months post launch and DE, SP and hearts are still bugged reguarily.. 3 months an the game still isnt optimized and horrible rendering issues persist in WvW... And they throw out more content? Fix what you got first Anet..

Only a week till Planetside 2 comes out..
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by gambe1
    Oh great. I just love one time weekend events. Some people do have RL life you know Arenanet? While i was ok with whole halloween thingie (i would rather see that it would be longer) this just ain't right. 

How is it not right? Even if you cant play this weekend you still get a whole new lv80 zone. 

The world doesn't revolve around you... 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

hmmm

i am confused about the new tier gear ....... i loved horizontal progression, what's this ?

yeah wth Oo? is for real that Anet is adding a new tier?

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

hmmm

yeah wth Oo? is for real that Anet is adding a new tier?

no one knows, just assumptions lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Really? First a preview about this patch and now this "article"?

Can we please get some stuff on other games?

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by dimnikar

Really? First a preview about this patch and now this "article"?

Can we please get some stuff on other games?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/510/News-Features-Discussion.html

Knock yourself out, plenty of things to read here.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    FromHell writes:
    Thanks, but could we get a little more coverage on other titles than GW2 as well? Seems to me like every third article is on this game. I think there are a lot other interesting titles, released and upcoming.

Go to hell
  • gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Great to hear ANET is pumping out content on a regular basys, even though GW2 is a B2P game. They've also said they have some major rebalances in store for this update (or one in the near future), so even more good news. I hope the dungeon will be tons of fun, and require strategy and good gameplay to finish; add some MORE difficulty to the game. The current dungeons are nice, but some are too easy, and the difficult ones already have sound strategies in place. Still getting a laugh from time to time with all the under-skilled players going "OMG lower broken difficulty~!11one"  or  "OMG ANET fix bugged path on X dungeon~!11".

I guess the "Ascended" (somehow rings of Rift, hehe) weapons are their answer to people complaining about end-game progression PvE? The thing is, most dungeons can be completed right now with green gear (2 tiers above the highest quality), but require more time/skill. This might be their way to get rid of some of the whinners mentioned above I guess. Still, hope it's something more than just the "more farm, better stats" concept.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

No WvW additions.

New tier of gear only obtainable by farming dungeons.

PvE fluff stuff.

On top of a huge pile of bugs and other issues, yeah, no. I think I'm done with this game. Good luck to those who wan't to stick with a company that can't figure out what they actually want to do.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Gear grind progresion is something most PvE players want. If it doesn't affect PvP game play (capped stats on gear when you enter WvW and sPvP) then its not that bad. However, this is just another reason for me to not want to play the game anymore. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by BlueLantern

All signs point to it is, in fact, a statistical upgrade over Exotic. Other sites have already been quoted with the item being the next tier in power, over exotic, as well as some even coming with special "infusion" slots that offer further increases of power.

If it was just something to fight ONE type of enemy, in one small area, it would not warrant a whole new tier in gear levels. It would of been some simple mechanic to label you as "infused" if that was the case, with a zone-based buff being applied to everyone there.

Arena Net has also stated its not like the infusion mechanic in Guild Wars 1 as well.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    It's anybody's guess at this point, but what if these Ascended items only work when inside the Fractals of Mist dungeon? On the outside world it will either be unusable or be normalized into exotic stats. Afterall, the Fractal dungeon gets progressively harder, so there must be a way for players to cope up with the ever increasing stats of the mobs. LOL it's like ANet created a centralized version of a gear threadmill. Since dungeon difficulty increases everytime you finish it, the drop rate for these ascended items are probably high, or 100%
  • BaefferBaeffer Member UncommonPosts: 5

Originally posted by TiiKii

I wish they would run that event thru the 'Thanksgiving Weekend'... Not just for 3 days.  After the event then what? That area just does away? If they put it in, why not keep it in? Since I have not seen any articles on a Thanksgiving Holiday at least this would occupy players thru that holiday.

Just thinking aloud folks :)

" The remainder of the content release (the pvp map, island, and dungeon) will permanently remain after the weekend event is over. "