Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

When you introduced your significant other to MMO's, What did you start them on?

ExavusExavus Kenai, AKPosts: 200Member

I got a second gaming computer and it's a beast. I previously had limitations to what I could play with her, we originally just played Diablo 3 together, I'm getting her into the gaming scene. She's been a console gamer mostly leaning torwards FPS's and actioney games. She enjoys diablo 3 (while not the best at it but getting better) and i'm looking at a few MMO's that would be good for us to play together.

I'm subbed to WoW right now because a few buddies I work with are playing it but I'm not really engaged in it. It's okay and the expansion seems neat but anything pre 85 is a yawnfest. If i got her up to level quickly it could be more entertaining i'm not sure.

TERA looks good as well. Has lots of great action/combat and doesn't look too complex.

Also looking at Guild Wars 2 . I own that and it doesn't have a monthly fee so it could be good. Anyone have any ideas? I'm really at a loss here :/ 

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• anemoanemo Posts: 761Member Uncommon
    Tera would work.   The combat is really cool, well crafted, and unique.  But if you played any other world of everclone game the rest of the world is the most boring color of grey.   Basically the combat is so well done that it was almost tempting to stay just for it.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"There are still vast swaths of our planet's surface in which it's surprisingly easy to lose things. Even a ship the size of a large building." Richard Fisher

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,926Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Exavus

I got a second gaming computer and it's a beast. I previously had limitations to what I could play with her, we originally just played Diablo 3 together, I'm getting her into the gaming scene. She's been a console gamer mostly leaning torwards FPS's and actioney games. She enjoys diablo 3 (while not the best at it but getting better) and i'm looking at a few MMO's that would be good for us to play together.

I'm subbed to WoW right now because a few buddies I work with are playing it but I'm not really engaged in it. It's okay and the expansion seems neat but anything pre 85 is a yawnfest. If i got her up to level quickly it could be more entertaining i'm not sure.

TERA looks good as well. Has lots of great action/combat and doesn't look too complex.

Also looking at Guild Wars 2 . I own that and it doesn't have a monthly fee so it could be good. Anyone have any ideas? I'm really at a loss here :/ 

If she enjoys D3, then WOW is the no brainer choice.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,502Member Uncommon

Why would anyone ever want to introduce their girlfriend/wife (or husband I suppose) to MMOs?

Someone has to cook and bring you food and drink...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• rodingorodingo Posts: 2,346Member Uncommon
    Well part of it is who is going to pay the monthly sub? You, her, or the joint account?  If monthly fee is part of her selling point then GW2 or some type of f2p themepark like Lotro.  However, if the sub isn't an issue then WoW hands down just becuase it's a very beginner friendly game that as you well know holds your hand very tightly which again is great for a beginner.  Also, WoW will allow you to play up to level 20 for free I think.  So yeh, I would try something low impact on the pocket book first, then go from there.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member

I actually met my significant other via WoW of all things. Happen to have mutual guildmates and one of them was his bud from the navy so I met him over vent the first time. We took it from there as we linked up to social network and dating sites to find out more. We shared numbers and spoke often. I came to visit and stay with twice. It went from there. We've been together for 7 years now. :)

Who would have thought that a game would have found me the man I would love for the rest of my life, when the bars, dating sites, matchups, and hookup sites all failed me miserably.

he had his own rig one of his friends put together and I had mine. We both had low end machines. Actually, I had a (at the time) high end mac. Since blizz was a big supporter of macs I didn't have any issues. (tho for a time Vent was only in beta).

I since switched to PC's for gaming. I've got a kvm switch. I use it for everything else other then gaming. Love all of the little things it does that Windows never comes close to doing.