Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*NEW* INFO and Time Line!

These are the questions from the Letter From The Producer IV .

A lot of info here game looks like it will get pushed back 2 months. Beta looking more like January / Febuary with a release April or May ( still 1st qtr 2013 )

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/11/11/here-are-the-final-fantasy-xiv-letter-from-the-producer-live-qa-summary-and-relevant-screencaps/

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Comments

• OnionThiefOnionThief Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by DarknessReign

These are the questions from the Letter From The Producer IV .

A lot of info here game looks like it will get pushed back 2 months. Beta looking more like January / Febuary with a release April or May ( still 1st qtr 2013 )

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/11/11/here-are-the-final-fantasy-xiv-letter-from-the-producer-live-qa-summary-and-relevant-screencaps/

Thanks for this. Good to know!

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

I must say, that was a cool promising read.

But first, i want to see a 'good' video of some high level combat in full details of multiple classes.

I don't know how it changed since the first beta, but back then the combat was REAAAAALLY slow and it turned me down big time.

Everything else about the game is definiately to my liking, as long as the speed up the combat somewhat

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Great read thanks a ton!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

But first, i want to see a 'good' video of some high level combat in full details of multiple classes.

I don't know how it changed since the first beta, but back then the combat was REAAAAALLY slow and it turned me down big time.

Everything else about the game is definiately to my liking, as long as the speed up the combat somewhat

It's like going from EQ1 to WoW.

3 month beta would be a disaster for them. Like, 1.0 all over again. They can't implement any changes based on the feedback in that time. Release is July 2013 at the EARLIEST at this point. Anything else is them making the same mistake twice.

I can't believe some people are excepting less than a half a year beta.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

^^^

It's a good read, but until I see an endgame boss battle from the perspective of multiple classes, it's all just fluff to me.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

3 month beta would be a disaster for them. Like, 1.0 all over again. They can't implement any changes based on the feedback in that time. Release is July 2013 at the EARLIEST at this point. Anything else is them making the same mistake twice.

Given of course they haven't worked on it before hand as wel, which I'll make a bet they did a lot of work way before as well.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Agree, BUT i guess we have to wait and see.

Hopefully SE has learn their lesson and most importantly listen to the feedbacks.

It's kinda strange for them to annouce the release date of ARR before Alpha or Beta, not too long ago Yoshida promised they will test as long as it needed to ensure the quality of the game.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

This is great news!  I just dipped back into FFXI and this will give me plenty of time to have some fun and explore all the areas I never hit before.

I hope they allow for a double subscription as a reduced price like before, that would be perfect!

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Given of course they haven't worked on it before hand as wel, which I'll make a bet they did a lot of work way before as well.

Are you implying that SE has worked on the game before the beta has begun?

Sounds good, and in contrary to what every other MMO dev ever has done!

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".