Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If we could skip the damned Shadowlands to get to 220 then I would love to return.

2»

Comments

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by Mr_C , just give us more solo content and it would be a blast.

They allready did and it should be a blast for solo players right now.

Its not even possible to give more solo content ,close to everything is allready soloable.

Well next step is boost canisters that you can drink and while doing nothing your character gains 100 levels or 200 ,and the amazing thing is,those things are really coming.

It is like soloing v2.0 ,less you do,more you get.Ultimate MMORPG.

I wonder what's so "soloable" as you describe it? Not even the daily "soloable" missions they implemented are soloable. I have really no idea what you are talking about, but I would love to hear about all this solo content that you claim (and you alone) exist in AO.

You cannot really call an item shop for "solo content". That would be a void comment that does not exist in my head.

AO's problem is not to get to 200, which is failry easy (problems start after 170ish I think), but the main problem is getting levels after 200.

If I could have bought me the levels I need to become 220 I would have, cause I am still "tired" of getting to 220 after all these years since I started on the journey in 2003.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    Originally posted by Mr_C , just give us more solo content and it would be a blast.

Its not even possible to give more solo content ,close to everything is allready soloable.

Well next step is boost canisters that you can drink and while doing nothing your character gains 100 levels or 200 ,and the amazing thing is,those things are really coming.

I wonder what's so "soloable" as you describe it? Not even the daily "soloable" missions they implemented are soloable. I have really no idea what you are talking about, but I would love to hear about all this solo content that you claim (and you alone) exist in AO.

You cannot really call an item shop for "solo content". That would be a void comment that does not exist in my head.

Roll crat ,solo everything,sorry for the spoilers.

Speak to people if you want confirmation.

Let's internet

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

No game will ever come close to being as good as Anarchy Online, No Game! I miss this game so much I can't belive no one will put money into making this game better. Skeleton crew FTL. 

People who say its not the best never put in the time to this game. This game invented "twinking" no game out there makes you smash ur head against the wall trying to equip armor while having to use a calculator to equip gear way above your level. Every other game is right click to equip which is so stupid.

Kite hill anyone? LOL. 

Grinding hecklars while meeting some really cool people priceless. 

Only downside of this game was having player controlled raid leader whos power tripping from his parents basement. We know who I am talking about lol.

O almost forgot best time I ever  had was as a Crat running around with my buddy who was a templar dressed up as carlo and people trying to gank me as he hit mongo rage and slice and dice ftw lol

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by pauly6478

No game will ever come close to being as good as Anarchy Online, No Game! I miss this game so much I can't belive no one will put money into making this game better. Skeleton crew FTL. 

People who say its not the best never put in the time to this game. This game invented "twinking" no game out there makes you smash ur head against the wall trying to equip armor while having to use a calculator to equip gear way above your level. Every other game is right click to equip which is so stupid.

Kite hill anyone? LOL. 

Grinding hecklars while meeting some really cool people priceless. 

Only downside of this game was having player controlled raid leader whos power tripping from his parents basement. We know who I am talking about lol.

O almost forgot best time I ever  had was as a Crat running around with my buddy who was a templar dressed up as carlo and people trying to gank me as he hit mongo rage and slice and dice ftw lol

I agree,one of the best games ever.

but theres some new guys whos been pulling the strings for a quite some time now,next they are going to remove player shops and that minigame is gone,Im not sure are they also going to remove persistent player cities too,that minigame gone,those are not even minigames,those are parts which made it AO in the first place.

Let's internet

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123

I really love shadowlands. Except inferno. I always liked sci-fi mixed with fantasy. Though i wish there would be more to those massive maps than farming hecks, missions and few rare mobs. I extremely enjoyed progress concept, where you need to do long quest lines and get certain items to be able to get full access to higher lvl zones. 

G

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123

AO's problem is not to get to 200, which is failry easy (problems start after 170ish I think), but the main problem is getting levels after 200.

If I could have bought me the levels I need to become 220 I would have, cause I am still "tired" of getting to 220 after all these years since I started on the journey in 2003.

They changed that. It used to be extremely hard to hit 220 from lvl 215 and above. Now it is quite easy. But hitting 220 used to be just cherry on the top. Leveling itself was the real beauty (and my twink fixer with grid armor, damn i miss that).

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

I miss when you put in the work to your character you could actually solo some bada#$ stuff. The drops were not the best on that stuff so u actually had to put work and time into getting the gear you needed.

Only thing I will never miss is how OP they made NT's. That never made sense to me

Roll crat ,solo everything,sorry for the spoilers.

Speak to people if you want confirmation.

I know. But I am no "pet class" lover. Unfortunately. :(

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Was with AO from early on and it is still my fondest MMO memory. Couldn't agree more with the SL haters. They had the makings of the best territory control world PvP game, and then flushed it all by going down the EQ treadmill route with SL. Game was never the same after. They should have expanded what they had instead of going in an unwise direction and this game could have been WoW before WoW. Too bad, so sad.
  • ruzanruzan Member UncommonPosts: 2

Shadowlands killed my favorite game (in my opinion). RubiKa is so beautiful and mysterious and yet we get dumped into a multi-colored, ugly as sin, buggy as hell world where we kill rocks for hours on end and get two shotted by green mobs. Give me more tara and merc raids and less garbage. Lost Eden was great for pvp'ers and Alien Invasion was quite good once they tweaked a few things. 

I have resubbed a few times over the years (account created in 2001) and everytime I quit because I can't stand sitting in a garden for 10 hours begging for a team just to advance. I've been level 208 for years (my fault, I know). Give me more cave missions in the hills of EFP. Let me gain SK from an abandoned cyborg mission in Mort. Allow me to go to Home and roll a mission that I can spend a few hours in killing and looting and exploring. God dangit, I miss this game.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

^^ this is pretty much spot on.

The XP from dailies, DOJA chips, and solo content are enough to get you to 160-170 fairly quickly. It's somewhere around the 170 mark that the XP from dailes starts to barely put a dent in the amount that you need for the next level so you go from a level or two every day to a level once (or twice, if you're really dedicated) per week. There's no decent solable content at those levels so the only thing you can do is start leeching in Inferno mission teams until 210 or so, when you can (God willing) start to actually contribute something to those teams. 

This is one of AO's biggest problems IMO other than the grind, and that is the lack of rewarding, level-appropriate content at all levels.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

Pretty every daily mission is soloable, done it with Doc, Enf, Shade, Trader, Soldier and MP. Some dailies can be though in the lower portion of the level range they are for, but that can be alleviated through twinking. Even some of the elite dailies which are meant for teams can be soloed at certain levels and twinked. Also many other parts of AOs content are soloable, some of them twinked only though.

And twinking is one of those things that make AO a great game, I would even say one of the things that it is about.

Also I think SL pretty much fits the AO story if you really know it. Reading Prophet without honor and all those story background articles helps with this.

The bad thing about SL is that it was buggy as hell and even lacked content when released. But all this has been fixed / completed by now or better has been since some years.

Also I have yet to encounter a community even close as helpful as AOs. And yes, for sure there are people for whom that description doesn't fit, but they are and always have been the minority. I'm not only speaking of ingame help but also helping with tools, guides, etc.

On a side note: No, you don't pay this game montly per expansion. There are now 2 variants:

Froob which includes vanilla AO and Notum Wars (booster pack mainly containing tower PvP).

Subscription with fixed cost, it doesn't matter what expansions you own. Expansions themself each a one time fee, but nowadays they don't cost that much and there are often enough promotions giving all expansions for little to no money.

There has once been a sort of mini-subscription where you just got AO + NW + SL for a smaller montly fee. But this has been canceled some time ago. I think that may caused the per expansion confussion.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

SL is a sh*t expansion. I started play AO back in 2002 and had alot of fun till SL came out. I tried to like it and grind hecklers, only because I wanted to stay one of the top omni NTs and because I didnt want to leave my org, but somewhere around 211-213 I had enough and quited for LA2 weirdly enough, not WOW - hated WOW back then. : |

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Gaoxin

SL is a sh*t expansion. I started play AO back in 2002 and had alot of fun till SL came out. I tried to like it and grind hecklers, only because I wanted to stay one of the top omni NTs and because I didnt want to leave my org, but somewhere around 211-213 I had enough and quited for LA2 weirdly enough, not WOW - hated WOW back then. : |

Actually the story and world of the SL expansion were fantastic.  The idea was fantastic.

However, they nullified a lot of the origional content, which was a clear oversight (it should compliment not replace) as well as the horrible, terrible, worst idea ever with hecks.  Hecks turned the game into a boring grinder.

Unfortunately hecks and the replacement of the need to do origional content far out weighed the postives it could have brought to the game.  SL had potential, it was just...well..it was a stand alone game that they just shoehorned into AO, and it shows.

A little work to it and it might be a fantastic compliment...well perhaps a lot more work that is worth it.  

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

Originally posted by Crunchy222
    *snip*
    Unfortunately hecks and the replacement of the need to do origional content far out weighed the postives it could have brought to the game.  SL had potential, it was just...well..it was a stand alone game that they just shoehorned into AO, and it shows.
    *snip*

On a positive note this is no longer the case.
    As of now SL is just an alternate route for leveling to the original content (and content added to non-SL areas).
    Also they worked many old content into upgrade paths (items and such) so it is again of use.

As said SL had a very bad start, but has been greatly fixed since then.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by MisatoTremor

Originally posted by Crunchy222
    *snip*
    *snip*

On a positive note this is no longer the case.
    As of now SL is just an alternate route for leveling to the original content (and content added to non-SL areas).
    Also they worked many old content into upgrade paths (items and such) so it is again of use.

As said SL had a very bad start, but has been greatly fixed since then.

I loved the lore and the world behing SL.  It was a fantastic place imo.  Its just how it was implimented really wrecked a lot of what made AO...i would never want to play AO without SL...i just want the implimentation of it be more AO style...if that makes sense.

I really miss that sun in SL rotating in a tiny circle in the sky.  Also had an aweome ability to keep the game fresh popping n and out of SL and messing with missions in rome and dungeons ect.

I fear that the game engine has been delayed more, now that they have to move from canada to (was it georgia?)...i remember the first move to canada from norway put them back a long time in getting the engine ported.

They REALLY missed their window of oppertunity on getting the game to a modern level all those years ago, this has simply taken such a ridiculous amount of time that its nearly pointless.  Unless of course they did animations character models and brought combat up to par with modern games, hell even a combat system like TSW which a lot didnt like would be a huge improvement.

If this is just a engine and texture job, given the time, will make for a nice walk though once its done but i doubt i would stay.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Did not mind SL, it introduced grinding to a degree though, garden keys, faction grinding, zone unlocks and whatnot.

Even though they were not actual zone unlocks, with help you could get into al the zones, aside from the last one I think wich required the inferno ring. ( Long time ag )

This was the brilliance of AO in my book, in beta, when I was awestruck. I spent over 3 hours running in the same direction, and it took me like 2 or 3 zones south of TIR, belial forest I think.

Deadly but possible.

I kind of liked SL, symbiants ( pocket bosses ) were awesome, even though a bit wowified, but SL were dangerous and I liked that, especially if you were on top of the curve so you were often the first player going somewere, god I loved it!

AO+TERA Graphics?

Hell yes!

As a side note, I got almost 2k dollars for my AO stuff when I quit, not counting the character, that I still have, that cash saved my ass in big way, saved my life really so for thar alone I am eternally grateful to AO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Need to check this out when the new engine transition is done. The videos looked good

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Need to check this out when the new engine transition is done. The videos looked good

Same here... unfortunately haven't got any word on when have are they going to do this :(

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    My first mmo. Loved this game so much back in 2002. I had so many friends that played too. It felt like a real living world. Rubi-ka was amazing. Weekends were so busy in the game. Night clubs in cities were full of players. I would be on till 3am sometimes. No other mmo has given me that feeling again. Then Shadowlands came out and ruined the game. Rubi-Ka became a barren waste land. and the whole game became un balanced. Because of the op shadowlands gear. Where once you had players all in unique looking mix matched armor to everyone looking the same with the op shadowlands weapons and armor. They need to do more than update the graphics. They need to re buff up the rubi-ka weapons and gear to match the shadowland gear. But that will never happen. If i were rich this is the one game i would love to rebuild because its so unique. I would love to see Rubi-Ka back to its glory.