Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV Bahamuth Video

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Say what you want about the game, but that was a damn good cinematic.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • YaoimanYaoiman Member Posts: 51

I was seriously holding in happy / sad tears the whole time, but when Louisoux smiled I couldn't help but let them out. So much emotion in one video. This is the reason people stick with Final Fantasy MMO and singleplayer.

*Cry*

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

We will always remember your sacrifice, Louisoux!

Originally posted by Ralstlin

Some Developer talking about his experience trying to stop Behemoth... LOOOOL

hahaha this things happens when u have a young team developing a game.. so funny

LOL Is he wearing that silly Easter event helm?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049
    Yes that is why people love Final Fantasy series. Goosebumps galore !
    Chamber of Chains
  • TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38
    Looks like a Hard Hat... Wear your Hard Hat at all times and you can survive even a falling Meteor.
    Originally posted by Vesavius

While CGI is just CGI and says little about the game, there is no denying that is a beautiful piece of work.

The investment SE is putting into the relaunch is pretty staggering tbh...

I disagree, it says a  lot about the game. Do you know how many people just cried because of this CS and their emotional connection to the charicters in the game like Louisoux?

No other MMO has been able to do this except FFXI. When Blizz killed of Cairne and that Dwarf in their crappy WoW book all people did was whine and get pissed at Blizz, when SE killed off Louisoux people litterly cried tears of sadness and happiness for his great death.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Yeah I cried at the end of that video: Superb work by Square Enix.

If everything goes well in the next test, they will then enter Phase 3 in the Alpha stage. That means global testing, no longer just limited to Japan. They just announced that a "New" roadmap will be released late November/early December. Beta will "possibly" start late January/early February.

That means we could possibly see release anywhere as early as March/April… assuming no hiccups along the way. We will have to wait till the new roadmap is given out.

• ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

Being a part of the game and everything leading up to this moment was utterly fantastic. This really felt like one of those CGI sequences for a climactic moment in one of the single-player titles, as it takes place right at the end of the final server event from last night / this morning.

This was really beyond anything I was anticipating; to say I was stunned after watching it would be an understatement.

Edit: For those interested, here's a video of the song used, including subtitled lyrics.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    i am the only one who think this CGI is so Square-Soft style..  Square-Enix did great CGIs but this one.. have a soul.. like old ones..
  • scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

so i take it il have to buy the game again seeing as the whole world is now destroyed and rebuilt?

i stopped playing a while ago

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    No, these with the old game, will be able to download the new client, only if u want to play it in PS3 you need to buy a PS3 version and link it to you SquareEnix Account.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    What a sad trailer. Anyone knows who that badass wizard is, who went toe to toe with Bahamut?

That would be Louisoix, a key/major character in 1.0's storyline. 

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    i am the only one who think this CGI is so Square-Soft style..  Square-Enix did great CGIs but this one.. have a soul.. like old ones..

It's incredible reading other people's comments. I'm happy I wasn't the only moved to tears by the cutscene.

It did bring me back emotions from the older days.

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58

This trailer reminds me of the opening from FFXI,wich means epicness everywhere,awsome work SE.So..let the HYPE begin!

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by NBlitz

It's incredible reading other people's comments. I'm happy I wasn't the only moved to tears by the cutscene.

It did bring me back emotions from the older days.

Yeah, I will admit I was pretty damn choked up as well, and equally impressed and amazed by it. 

Seeing all of the last couple years, all those characters and such, all culminate in that final battle/ending really kind of puts it all in a very different perspective for me now.

Easily on par with the introduction to FFXI, which I've held as a "standard" for any other MMO's cut-scenes/intros, ec.

Classic Square-Enix story-telling.

I think this may finally get some more people's attention on this game.

• CatbertCatbert Member UncommonPosts: 28
    That was utterly amazing...
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Yaoiman
    Originally posted by Vesavius

While CGI is just CGI and says little about the game, there is no denying that is a beautiful piece of work.

The investment SE is putting into the relaunch is pretty staggering tbh...

I disagree, it says a  lot about the game. Do you know how many people just cried because of this CS and their emotional connection to the charicters in the game like Louisoux?

No other MMO has been able to do this except FFXI. When Blizz killed of Cairne and that Dwarf in their crappy WoW book all people did was whine and get pissed at Blizz, when SE killed off Louisoux people litterly cried tears of sadness and happiness for his great death.

I meant in terms of gameplay and whatnot.

I am not dismissing the excellence of the trailer, or the game even ... I am just saying that if I didn't know more about the title then I do I would not base my decision to buy or not on this (as I wouldn't any CG game movie).

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Wow. I'm so glad I got the legacy status!

That was epic.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I too almost started to cry watching everyone's despair as Bahamut destroyed everything. Simply amazing. I'm still unsure about ARR, but, damm, this trailer made me want to play the game like nothing i could think off.

Like always, i'll still wait for reviews first, but man, great job SE.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232
    I loved that video!  Having been in Alpha and Beta, I've been on the fence as to whether I want to try the re-release but boy this video was motivating to give it a go again.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Man why don't they make whole movies like that. This fight was so much better than the whole Advent Children imo.
  • wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

The event was horrible, but it is EXACTLY or as close as what happen in the video.

The crashes of both side ..except the lag was bad and not as many enemies people were searching for them!!!

then end of server.... end EPIC video...i cried..after following the game story and everything until now..

if you ask me... was FFXIV 1.0 worth it? I have to say it was...everything till the last bit of the trailer. 

Of course, 99% of the people have no idea who is who in the trailer ...

none

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

bad ass trailer, but havent we seen this in another game latlely? 

Dragon that destorys the world...

Any way, is there a video of the last minutes of the gameplay? 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • tocsixtocsix Member Posts: 10
    brilliant.
  • Definitely glad I've played up to this ending and am awaiting the release of ARR with much anticipation.

OnionThief's post pretty much fills you in on everything thats happened over the last year or so. Well said.