Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV Bahamuth Video

RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL3-n2-3J4&feature=g-all-u

omfg...  Goodbye FFXIV 1.0... Welcome FFXIV: ARR

Comments

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    That video was utterly fantastic. It definitely makes me want to play ARR. Anyone know what the release date is? I know alpha testing started about a month ago, so I doubt we'll see it before the end of the year....

<3

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    BEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER WATCHED! Bahamut destroys all and thast where it ends...the best part was the faces of everyone....the look of oh shit...all hope is lost...
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Straight up EPIC !! Can't wait.

On another note, anyone know where to get that song that was playing in the back ground?

*Edit*

I think I found the song

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Pity we didnt get to experience any of that in-game as 1.0 ended.  Squenix can make great trailers, but games on the other hand... And if Yoshi can pull of this miracle and make XIV good, all that means is that he's the only one willing to let the rest of the world tell him what all Squenix devs should already know.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Quicksand

On another note, anyone know where to get that song that was playing in the back ground?

*Edit*

I think I found the song

It's a slower version of Answers, sung by the utterly amazing Susan Calloway.

<3

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    What a sad trailer. Anyone knows who that badass wizard is, who went toe to toe with Bahamut?
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Originally posted by Quicksand

*Edit*

I think I found the song

It's a slower version of Answers, sung by the utterly amazing Susan Calloway.

Yeah, I am now a fan of hers :)

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Louisoix: You shall not pass!

Bahamut: LOL! O.K. I'm going to the fridge and get some delicious cake.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

They really be able to produce outstanding Videos.

Afair the song is in the original FF XIV intro video also.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• Oz-zoOz-zo Member Posts: 6
    any word on the release date?
  • RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    What a sad trailer. Anyone knows who that badass wizard is, who went toe to toe with Bahamut?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Louisoix

Probably he was the Human representation of Althyk the Keeper (God of Time and Space in FFXVI) because when all gods tried to seal Bahamuth again, Louisoix uses this god symbol, a hourglass.

I have played all Final Fantasy Games, and since FFVII and VIII i had not this feeling of... depth in a Square-Enix CGI Video..

Could be probably coz FFXIV is now ruled by youngs, not these old whales from ancients games like Tanaka.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Wow...this just tops the SWTOR CGI trailers.

I mean .. wow .. can't believe this is actually better tha Blur's production.

• OnionThiefOnionThief Member Posts: 38

To give a little context: just gonna repost what I messaged to a friend who wanted to know WTF was going on in the vid:

in XIV 1.0 theres an empire, which is a nation of anti-deity fanatics, and this one crazy general who leads them. he summons to earth this meteor to kill the deity worshiping nations who oppose the empire (everyone else, basically). at the end of 1.0 you kill the general but it's too late, the meteor is still coming. this gandalf like guy named louisoux (a recurring character) tells you that your only hope of stopping it is to pray to the 12 gods (deities) in hopes they will save you. so everyone did for like 1 month leading up to the end, and there were quests/events focused around that.

in the video: there was this final confrontation between the good guys and empire before the meteor hit. a last stand of sorts. right before the meteor hits, turns out it was a prison for bahamut who then proceeds to nuke everything basically. gandalf guy tries to summon the 12 gods (the blue symbols) and reseal bahamut using the accumulated power of prayer, but this fails. using the last bit of prayer power he transports those good guys on the battlefield to safety/or to 5 years in the future (gandalf guy is closely aligned with the deity of time and space). the world is basically left in ruins with survivors in the cities, but a lot of people died. as for what happens next... well, we'll see! ~FIN~

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Thank you for the link!

I literally cry whenever I watch something that seems amazing to me. The visuals, powers used in combination with music...simply kills me. 

Square Enix still pumps out amazing CG cut scenes so this clip doesn't come as a surprise to me. 

I was typing out some questions but OnionThief answered exactly what was I curious about. Thank you!

Originally posted by NBlitz

Thank you for the link!

I literally cry whenever I watch something that seems amazing to me. The visuals, powers used in combination with music...simply kills me. 

Square Enix still pumps out amazing CG cut scenes so this clip doesn't come as a surprise to me. 

I was typing out some questions but OnionThief answered exactly what was I curious about. Thank you!

Np. It was even more emotional for those of us who played through the preceeding story for 1.5 or so years. Watching your efforts fail has a huge, forgive the pun, impact.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by OnionThief

Thank you for the link!

Np. It was even more emotional for those of us who played through the preceeding story for 1.5 or so years. Watching your efforts fail has a huge, forgive the pun, impact.

I would have been devastated! 

I was wondering about Louisoix being so overpowered absolutely no-one on that battlefield was able to lend him a hand during the final moments right before Bahamut goes all "lololol, fail." Damn.

Originally posted by OnionThief

Thank you for the link!

I would have been devastated! 

I was wondering about Louisoix being so overpowered absolutely no-one on that battlefield was able to lend him a hand during the final moments right before Bahamut goes all "lololol, fail." Damn.

Yeah, I guess he would seem OP if you didn't know the connection, haha. We know for sure that he was deeply connected to the god of time and space. Some people speculate he may have even been the god in human form... I guess we'll find out in time.

FFXIV seems to have so complex Lore, for example: For Beastmans (Lizardmens, ogres, etc) Primals like Ifrit, Shiva, Garuda are theirs gods. Humanoids (Human, Miqote, Lallafell, etc) have The Twelve as gods. Garlean Empire have not gods and hate them, trying to destroy others divinities.

Could be that they are not Gods as we know them, and they are only Powerful beings. Behemoth is too a powerfull being enough to fight these gods (Probably Behemoth have been overpowered by Atomos who was Draining other primals power in last patches)  But in the end, Garlean Empire summoned a "God" to destroy "Gods", Nael Van Darnus, who summoned Dalamud (With Behemoth inside) hated so much primals and gods and in the end he was summoning one.. And not only that, Garlean Empire is at War not only with Eorzeans (players) but they are too in war with Dravanian Dragons... and they released their God! so to destroy one of their enemies, they powered another one..

I like this polt, lets see how Main Quests on FFXIV: ARR complete it.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

While CGI is just CGI and says little about the game, there is no denying that is a beautiful piece of work.

The investment SE is putting into the relaunch is pretty staggering tbh...

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    When is this released? I have a copy of FFXIV ready to activate!

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Wow, they are the best when it comes to making cg. Can't wait to play this game :).

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    That's the most beautiful trailer I have ever seen!  I friggn can't wait!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Some Developer talking about his experience trying to stop Behemoth... LOOOOL

hahaha this things happens when u have a young team developing a game.. so funny

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Ok, so somehow SE just made Deathwing and Zaithan look like muppet babies.  I'm speechless - amazing trailer.  (Maybe I'm getting a bit over hyped :P)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.