Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Bless Announced by Neowiz

2»

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Finally, an upcoming MMO that isn't embracing action combat.  Sadly, the typical asian grind that accompanies these games will more than likely ruin it.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    This looks really bad, I just don't understand why anyone would use such a boring combat system.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by omidus
    Originally posted by Khebeln
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    MMORPG.com... You guys are really slow on the uptake or just don't cover anything outside of the NA because I've literally known aboout this game for months.

You are kind right about that, a lot of asian games are either not covered or mentioned 6 months later.

It's a good thing they don't cover these games, they just end up being extremely disappointing to the players because they simple don't develop enough content to retain the player base. Look at AIon, TERA and SWTOR; all great IPs but none had the content or the speed of developing meaningful content ot retain their player base.

People really need to take a cue from WoW's content development cycle and get with the program.

High graphical fidelity will only get you so far, innovative combat system will only get you so far. It's the meaningful cotnent that will retain the player base (Raid zones, dungeons, battleground for pvp). All these should be standard in today's mmo! With GW2's release, people should know that dynamic world event should be a high priority as part of the leveling process.

Anyways, this is a pass for me. All the hype won't get it anywhere as NA players won't be able to join the beta testing.

With all the advances of World of Warcraft and what it brought to the MMORPG realm, it's also single handedly been the reason why so many MMORPG's are utter shit. Not because WoW is so good in comparison, but because people like you want the same redundant gear treadmill as "standard" in MMORPGs. 

Sorry bud, a lot of us think Battlegrounds essentially RUINED the intensity, fun and excitement of PvP in MMORPGs. Instances essentially RUINED the community aspect of MMORPGs. 

I will agree however, that content has to be priority for NA. Why? Because most NA players are children fed with silver spoons who don't want to put in any effort to level their character, equip their character, or even care about their character. NA players, in almost all games, are undoubtedly the worst market of gamers ever. We don't even deserve good games anymore, I swear. Unfortunately, when indie developers try their hands at being actually innovative, they're mercilessly shit on because it's not as "SMOOTH AS WOW", or some other ridiculous bullshit.

Now people are on this kick that tab target MMORPGs just simply cannot exist anymore. Like you said, if combat mattered so much, we'd all be playing TERA. There's nothing wrong in traditional systems, just how well they're implemented is what matters. Can a developer turn a tab target game into something inventive, skillful and fun? Sure, why not. 

tl;dr WoW was great... now it's ruined the MMO market. If combat mattered most of all, we'd all be playing TERA. NA players are silver spoon fed babies. Can't developers make fun, exciting combat WITH tab targeting? Probably.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Im not going too get my hopes up for this, gameplay is key too this game being good, WoW got good gameplay and not high tech graphics. So i hope this game will different from alot of korean or asian or watever mmos if not it will flop. Just saying
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Why all the sparkling stuff? Really? Does every single hit, no matter how insignificant, have to come with a blinding flash of sparkles?

Yes, and every character has to have pointy ears.

Such a waste to have all this effort flushed down the drain.  If you want to tailor your game to the European and NA markets, you've got to tailor your game to the markets. Quit rehasing character design from FFXI and ask the players what they want... it's not like Koreans won't play games developed in NA - ask Blizzard.

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

Lol I love WoW and Blizzard, but content is not their forte... No one should take cues from Blizzard, they almost never give us any content, and after an entire year Darkmoon Faire is not finished, as there are still closed pavilions with "under construction" signs blocking access to their empty insides... Yeah, they should "really" take a cue from WoW, lol... 

I was so excited wondering what was in those pavilions, and my faction has been max exalted with Darkmoon Faire for over half a year, however, nope... still waiting on Blizzard to finish the Faire... 

Then there's the obvious outdating trivialization of content gear grind.  When Cataclysm released, blizzard outdated old raid gear in Cataclysm by making the Hour of Twilight Dungeons give ilvl 378 gear that was better than the Cataclysm Raid gear, and then the only new raid they released to make up for that? Dragon Soul.  That one raid everyone did over and over on alts, until Mists of Pandaria finally released.  How boring is that? One Single Raid zone? 

Really, trivialize outdate the original 4 or 5, to replace with only 1... Firelands regular gear is as good as Hour of Twilight dungeon gear, and you'd have to do herioc for gear that is worse than regular Dragon Soul, and barely any better than Raid Finder Dragon Soul.... 

Quite silly, as what they needed to do was quit with the gear/level increases and simply provide content, quit trivializing old content by upping level caps and giving insanely op equipment, people just keep soloing old raid/group zones now... Mists of Pandaria outdated old Dragon Soul raid equipment pretty quickly with easy to attain equipment... 

Maybe, they could follow Trion's (Rift) example for content updates, I dunno, they have got to put out more content somehow... Blizzard relies on customers quitting and returning with every expansion.... Why don't we have more content updates? Why don't we get more content added to world events? They are basically the same exact way they were about 3-5 years ago... 

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

Oh, I'd imagine there should just be an option to turn off sparkles and a character creator screen with both anime avatars for us fans, and normal western boring avatars for those fans... 

Like how my favorite part of Star Trek Online was the character customization screen, lol! 

Why not just allow us all to design our character the way that we desire to? From if we want pointy ears (which I do), sparkles (yes I do), and oddly colored purple/blue skin (yes I do)!! 

We should have all the pretty decorative options to make it fun, and all of the cosmetic / fluff needs to be present to "spice" up the gameplay!! Rift didn't please me in the slightest with its realistic graphics and its ugly boring newbie equipment graphics... all of the races on the game are boring and homogenized, and they are all humanoids, so very boring... 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Nice looking renderer and lighting.  I don't want to think about the hardware requirements.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.